Super Bowl XLII

rainmaker17

But when someone makes an irrational, condescending comment about our fanbase, that's when I(we) have to be "defensive." Things like "it isn't helping the reputation of your fanbase at all," are mild examples of that. I'm not "whining even though my teams are doing exceptionally well," I'm pointing out when people are being irrational and condescending toward me(us).

I think what's really going on is that Boston fans are so accustomed to losing and having lousy teams that none of you really know how to act now that you are on top.

I'm not quite sure how that was intended, but that's another example right there; condescending remarks.

And I think the Wellesley College mantra applies here, just to set you straight:

"125 Years...

of Women on Top."

:P

bucfan, that's how I felt at first, even though I wasn't rooting for either team in particular, but Mac's response has got me thinking again. This is gonna be interesting.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not quite sure how that was intended, but that's another example right there; condescending remarks.

If you're not sure how it's intended then how can you be so sure it was condescending?

You are as monotonous as you are ridiculous. There, now you have a reason to whine about how mean I have been to you.

And if you were wondering about how I intended this to come across, it was meant to be everything it appears to be. :D

BB52Big.jpg

Creepy.

I am watching "I Am Legend"

The opening of the movie shows a CNN interview, and on the bottom of the screen, there is news scrolling that says:

GIANTS LOSE TO PATRIOTS FOR SECOND TIME THIS SEASON 23 TO 7

AFC and NFC teams never play each other twice in a season, so the only way for this to happen is at the Super Bowl.

I think this is an amazing coincidence.

Creepy.

The opening of the movie shows a CNN interview, and on the bottom of the screen, there is news scrolling that says:

AFC and NFC teams never play each other twice in a season, so the only way for this to happen is at the Super Bowl.

Haha, I remember that! I didn't even pay attention to the interview; I just watched the bottom. :P

IIRC, wasn't there something about Shaq retiring in 2009 or 2001? There was some weird stuff.

Creepy.

Indeed. Very far-out. Definantly a fantasy movie. Not really alot of believable stuff in that movie.

;):D

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I think that this Super Bowl will be a very close one. I still can't believe that the Patriots are undefeated, however. They've definitely had a remarkable season, and have done it with the NFL watching every single move they make. Just amazing.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I think that this Super Bowl will be a very close one. I still can't believe that the Patriots are undefeated, however. They've definitely had a remarkable season, and have done it with the NFL watching every single move they make. Just amazing.

I don't see how the Giants can win. It's like with that mountain of momentum, the Pats should win the game easily. I was at the edge of my seat if the conference final game when it got tied up and I'm not expecting this one to be a nail-biter.

I don't see how the Giants can win. It's like with that mountain of momentum, the Pats should win the game easily. I was at the edge of my seat if the conference final game when it got tied up and I'm not expecting this one to be a nail-biter.

I never expected the Patriots to beat the Rams in 2001....

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Alright, now that I've read through 7 pages of bickering, let's get down to brass tacks.

Who are you?

willmorris' unfunny cousin methinks.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Alright, now that I've read through 7 pages of bickering, let's get down to brass tacks.

Who are you?

Who are you?

You tell me. If I'm important enough to be featured in your sig, there must be some basis for your attraction.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Who are you?

willmorris' unfunny cousin methinks.

Willmorris is funny?

Compared to him...

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Who are you?

Who are you?

The question shouldn't be "Who are you?" but rather, "Who would you do?" :D

Carrie Underwood. :P

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived