Red, White and Blue Super Bowl plus Grey and Silver

TheSparks1

For whatever reason, I don't have permission to start my own thread, so I'll put it here.

The Super Bowl XLII Logo is the worst SB Logo that I can ever remember. I know it represents the Southwest's colors, but still.... Regardless if the Patriots or Giants win, any SB Souvenirs that have the logo on it are going to completely clash with their colors. I went ahead and messed with the color scheme. I think it would look much better, or at least not look like a car door (yes, I know it's the State of Arizona).

I'm interested in hearing your thoughts about them.

2003362725820162468_rs.jpg

2003353026853333839_rs.jpg

People on the Patriots board said the logo looks like the ship from Buck Rogers.

2004539832946311475_rs.jpg

I still have nasty thoughts about Erin Grey from Buck Rogers...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Concepts need to go in the Concept thread, not the Sports logos thread.

The current SB logo colors do not take my breath away, but it would get boring to use a red, white and blue logo every year.

As I said in my post, for some reason I don't have the privilege to start a thread, so my options were limited. Any idea why this happened?

The current SB logo colors do not take my breath away, but it would get boring to use a red, white and blue logo every year.

As I said in my post, for some reason I don't have the privilege to start a thread, so my options were limited. Any idea why this happened?

Sorry I don't know, it seems odd as to how you can start a thread here but not in the concept area. Anybody else wanna guess?

Not sure either...usually you have to make two posts before you can start a thread.

Oddly enough you aren't listed as the thread starter as well.

Might have been a fortuitous (for you) hiccup in the board software.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's because you're a newbie - new users have limited privileges here.

nav-logo.png

For whatever reason, I don't have permission to start my own thread, so I'll put it here.

The Super Bowl XLII Logo is the worst SB Logo that I can ever remember. I know it represents the Southwest's colors, but still.... Regardless if the Patriots or Giants win, any SB Souvenirs that have the logo on it are going to completely clash with their colors. I went ahead and messed with the color scheme. I think it would look much better, or at least not look like a car door (yes, I know it's the State of Arizona).

I'm interested in hearing your thoughts about them.

2003362725820162468_rs.jpg

2003353026853333839_rs.jpg

People on the Patriots board said the logo looks like the ship from Buck Rogers.

2004539832946311475_rs.jpg

First off, nice job on the recoloring.

But think about this for a moment - the Superbowl is typically the most watched television event of the year, period. Advertisements begin weeks before the two participants are anywhere near determined. The longer you wait to release the logo, the less time you have to promote it. Sure, we all know what the Superbowl is but visuals help a lot with promotions and advertising. By your thinking, the only way to make sure the logo matches with the the Superbowl teams is to unveil it 2 weeks before the game, at the end of the conference championships. That's just not enough time.

I like it when the Superbowl logo clearly reflects the colors/tradition/history/whatever of the state or city it's being played in. For the fans and players of the teams in the Superbowl, I doubt they care if any of the souvenirs clash with their team colors - they're just concerned with making it there and winning it.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

We finally have a post limit to start a thread...not to sound like a elitist but its really for the good of the group. (I'm sure its not a new rule, but its the first i've noticed)

We finally have a post limit to start a thread...not to sound like a elitist but its really for the good of the group. (I'm sure its not a new rule, but its the first i've noticed)

It's been around for about a year -- and was set up mostly as a way to stop spam threads. Which it did until the spammers figured out a way around it.

But now it helps prevent people from posting a request topic as soon as joining, etc.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

How did she ever fall for Edward Stratton III?

-Dan

Money. That's all most chicks are after, anyways.

And to keep this thread from veering further off-topic, nice job on the recolor.

QPR%20Sig.png

First off, nice job on the recoloring.

But think about this for a moment - the Superbowl is typically the most watched television event of the year, period. Advertisements begin weeks before the two participants are anywhere near determined. The longer you wait to release the logo, the less time you have to promote it. Sure, we all know what the Superbowl is but visuals help a lot with promotions and advertising. By your thinking, the only way to make sure the logo matches with the the Superbowl teams is to unveil it 2 weeks before the game, at the end of the conference championships. That's just not enough time.

I like it when the Superbowl logo clearly reflects the colors/tradition/history/whatever of the state or city it's being played in. For the fans and players of the teams in the Superbowl, I doubt they care if any of the souvenirs clash with their team colors - they're just concerned with making it there and winning it.

I wasn't saying that this should be the new Super Bowl Logo. Obviously it needs to be completed in advance. The Pats and Giants logos were something added just as a final touch. I was just showing how the colors (reflecting site area culture/traditions or not) make a big difference in the appeal of the logo, and potential post-super bowl products that may be sold. The logo is going to clash completely, regardless of who wins.

Archived