Football Giants vs. New England

nybatt

and I could not be happier!!

the new york football giants will proudly go for another upset in their glorious road red and whites!!

(I am figuring the patriots will choose their home blue B) )

historically, although the giants won super bowls 21 and 25 in their home blue, they also won one of their most memorable championships in 1956, at home in yankee stadium in their road white/red versus the bears 47-7. I also realize the giants lost super bowl 35 in their home blue.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the new york football giants will proudly go for another upset in their glorious road red and whites!!

I am figuring the patriots will choose their home blue.

historically, although the giants won super bowls 21 and 25 in their home blue, they also won one of their most memorable championships in 1956, at home in yankee stadium in their road white/red versus the bears.

As opposed to what, the New York Junior Broomball League Giants?

Seriously, it's 50 years after the fact. Let it go. They are the New York Giants.

I am figuring the patriots will choose their home blue.

historically, although the giants won super bowls 21 and 25 in their home blue, they also won one of their most memorable championships in 1956, at home in yankee stadium in their road white/red versus the bears.

As opposed to what, the New York Junior Broomball League Giants?

Seriously, it's 50 years after the fact. Let it go. They are the New York Giants.

They're official team name is "The New York Football Giants", and it hasnt changed

Anyway Im happy they goin to Super Bowl 42 wearing the home white, I luv the road jerseys

I have a question you guys are gonna love trying to figure out. What wordmark is going to go in the Giants endzone? My guess is it would be the "old" one (italicized and underlined), which has never left their meadowlands endzone. However, the newer one (with triangles and "NY" underneith), Ithink, is much nicer and would make sense as well.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I have a question you guys are gonna love trying to figure out. What wordmark is going to go in the Giants endzone? My guess is it would be the "old" one (italicized and underlined), which has never left their meadowlands endzone. However, the newer one (with triangles and "NY" underneith), Ithink, is much nicer and would make sense as well.

great question goforbroke.. I was wondering the same thing. HOPEFULLY, the 'new' giants wordmark (with the grey incorporated, the ny, and the "triangles" as you said) will find its way into the endzone. I did notice that in last year's pro bowl, for the first time, the patch worn by the giant players WAS the new wordmark, not the hideous italicized one from the 80's and 90's. so, perhaps it will be used in the supe.

Belichick should decide to wear the road whites just to mess the G-men up. I could see him do it, too.

Naw. Belichick is way too boring and bland to do something like that. He probably does'nt even care.

Stupid coaches worry about those things (and wearing suits on the field, etc.)

Good coaches (like Belichick) worry more about how to blitz Manning and about how to confuse the opponent's defense. 4th ring here it comes!

I think it would look better with the Giants in white

00a794.jpg

My goodness, that is beautiful. NY's road unis have slowly become one of the best in all of football, IMO. They had better wear them in the Super Bowl.

As for the wordmark things, I really hope that they use the italicized one. I hate thier new wordmark - it looks so cluttered and has way to much going on to be a wordmark. The italicized one id the one I grew up knowing and I've always loved it, so I hope that they use that.....with a blue background. Ooooooo!

Here's another question. How come they stopped putting the teams hemets on the field for the Super Bowl? I always loved that. I think the last time they did it was Rams-Patriots a few years back. Anyone else think they should bring that back?

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Belichick should decide to wear the road whites just to mess the G-men up. I could see him do it, too.

Naw. Belichick is way too boring and bland to do something like that. He probably does'nt even care.

Stupid coaches worry about those kind of things (uniform color and wearing suits on the field, etc.)

Good coaches (like Belichick) worry more about how to blitz Manning and about how to confuse the opponent's defense. 4th ring here it comes!

Archived