Football Giants vs. New England

nybatt

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it would look better with the Giants in white

00a794.jpg

Me too. I love the Giants road unis even though everyone else seems to hate them.

I wouldn't hate them for any other team (alone, i kinda like em) but they are called big blue, not big red! change the numbers/stripes/ny logo under the collar to blue, and you've got a winner

(and yes, i know they are based off of throwbacks they used to wear)

If the Patriots end zone is blue I'd think the Giants would be red so that they contrast

This could be true, but the two use two completely different shades of blue, so to me at least, it wouldnt really matter. I'd reather see a blue Giants background than a red one.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Last year both end zones were shades of blue, I dont see why we cant have that again this year.

As for the person who asked why they dont put team helmets on the field anymore, Ive noticed that Super Bowl field design seems to follow a three year cycle, with this being the third year of the current cycle if it hold true.

I think it would look better with the Giants in white

00a794.jpg

Me too. I love the Giants road unis even though everyone else seems to hate them.

I wouldn't hate them for any other team (alone, i kinda like em) but they are called big blue, not big red! change the numbers/stripes/ny logo under the collar to blue, and you've got a winner

(and yes, i know they are based off of throwbacks they used to wear)

Or maybe make numbers blue atleast. I think that would look good.

I don't get the "big blue" arguement against the Giant's (beautiful!) road uni at all. Hmmm... let's think.... U of Minnesota GOLDEN Gophers obviously should only wear their all-golden uniform, right?. What about Texas Tech RED Raiders? Delawear's BLUE Hens need to drop that Yellow. Tulsa? And Kent State? Why do they wear blue? Aren't they the GOLDEN Hurricane and Flashes? Get over it. The Giant's roads are clearly superior to their homes (IMO), and one of the better unis in the league.

On a side note, I can't picture the Giant's "new" wordmark. Pic, anyone?

If the Patriots end zone is blue I'd think the Giants would be red so that they contrast

This could be true, but the two use two completely different shades of blue, so to me at least, it wouldnt really matter. I'd reather see a blue Giants background than a red one.

Super Bowl XXI and Super Bowl XXV, the New York Football Giants had a red endzone, and won.

Super Bowl XXXV the Giants had a blue endzone, and lost.

I'll take a red endzone.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

From a source in Arizona: Pats end zone will be blue, Giants will be red. No word yet on what wordmark the Giants will use.
Much like the Giants-Bills Super Bowl in 1991.

You can see the red here, because it was the end zone Norwood was kicking into.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMdkxiaciW0

Bills end zone was definitely blue.

msg-117798227822.jpg

I don't get the "big blue" arguement against the Giant's (beautiful!) road uni at all. Hmmm... let's think.... U of Minnesota GOLDEN Gophers obviously should only wear their all-golden uniform, right?. What about Texas Tech RED Raiders? Delawear's BLUE Hens need to drop that Yellow. Tulsa? And Kent State? Why do they wear blue? Aren't they the GOLDEN Hurricane and Flashes? Get over it. The Giant's roads are clearly superior to their homes (IMO), and one of the better unis in the league.

Giants wordmark since 2005:

http://www.chriscreamer.com/logo.php?id=4608

I hope the Patriot have the red endzone, their wordmark would look better in red that the Giants would, especially if NY uses their new one, it should be in blue

This can be moved to concepts, but I think it goes with this discussion. I whipped it up real quick so no time to put in yard numbers.

I like how the Giants end (red background, blue logos) contrast the Pats end (blue background, red logos) -- incidently I did have to stroke the pats wordmark in red for it to work right. I also altered the color of the AFC and NFC logo to match their respective representatives. Finally, I used the new Giants wordmark and this particular pats wordmark because they both have small logos within them which i think makes everything balance well. c&c?

sb42_field.jpg

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

From a source in Arizona: Pats end zone will be blue, Giants will be red. No word yet on what wordmark the Giants will use.
Much like the Giants-Bills Super Bowl in 1991.

You can see the red here, because it was the end zone Norwood was kicking into.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMdkxiaciW0

Bills end zone was definitely blue.

The reason was, they used to have the two helmets in each endzone (one legit and one with the conference logo replacing the team logo), and it looks beautiful. For many teams, they had to use the alternate color, so the helmet was a different color than the background. The Giants had a red endzone with a blue helmet, Bills had blue with a red helmet. Also, the Bears had an orange one in SB XX because of their navy helmet, and Washington always had yellow endzones. Those designs were so classy and so much better than the crap they use now.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I hope they use the SB logo at the 50 yard line, most ppl seem to hate this years logo but I think its awesome. Such unique colors compared to most SB logos. Cant wait to get a SB42 hat and tee!

giants.png200822112725.png

big blue wrecking crew

die hard since '88

A. It's one thing to have a team name that describes a color (Golden Gophers, Red Raiders, etc.). It's a whole other thing to have an unofficial nickname (Big Blue, Big Red Machine, etc.) that was given to you because of the color you wear on the field.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Does anybody have a picture of the Giants last road white jersey? The one that looks like the current one but actually had some blue around the numbers and above the NFL Equipment shield? I have no problem with the red/white, but the last version of the jersey really was nicer IMO.

This can be moved to concepts, but I think it goes with this discussion. I whipped it up real quick so no time to put in yard numbers.

I like how the Giants end (red background, blue logos) contrast the Pats end (blue background, red logos) -- incidently I did have to stroke the pats wordmark in red for it to work right. I also altered the color of the AFC and NFC logo to match their respective representatives. Finally, I used the new Giants wordmark and this particular pats wordmark because they both have small logos within them which i think makes everything balance well. c&c?

sb42_field.jpg

As someone else mentioned, I think they'll replace the conference logos with football helmets, and the wordmarks probably won't be so far off to the side. Other than that, I think you've nailed it right there. Thats what I'd expect to see on the field come Feb 3rd.

Archived