Football Giants vs. New England

nybatt

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

minor corrections The patriots endzone is on the left side, the giants endzone is on the right side and there are no stripes on the yard lines except the 50 yard line. question....are they going to use the new NFL logo for next week's game?

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

How it SHOULD be....

SBXLIIFieldConcept.gif

I think they should go back to what they used in Super Bowl XXXIX (and XXXVIII for that matter). Helmets in the endzones, but instead of the conference logos in the helmets put them just in the endzone. Also, I would rather see the Giants endzone being blue with the italicized wordmark like in Super Bowl 35.

How it SHOULD be....

SBXLIIFieldConcept.gif

I think they should go back to what they used in Super Bowl XXXIX (and XXXVIII for that matter). Helmets in the endzones, but instead of the conference logos in the helmets put them just in the endzone. Also, I would rather see the Giants endzone being blue with the italicized wordmark like in Super Bowl 35.

Giants with red endzone and "Impact" font wordmark = 2-0

Giants with blue endzone and old helmet wordmark = 0-1

I'd like to see them go with a red endzone and the new wordmark.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

How it SHOULD be....

SBXLIIFieldConcept.gif

Great work JQK. I'd prefer the game logo at the 50, and the NFL logos around the 30's (or wherever they put them). Small critique/question, don't they accent the 20's not the 25's to indicate the red zone?

newsig.jpg

Hey Proc, do you mean these?

MBarrowNYG.jpg

atoomernyg.jpg

I personally hated these ones. I love the current roads so much more. I think thier current roads are one of if not the best uniform in all of football.

Thanks for posting those. You know what...now that my memory has been refreshed, you are right. The current road set, while simple, is actually nicer.

MBarrowNYG.jpg

atoomernyg.jpg

I personally hated these ones. I love the current roads so much more. I think thier current roads are one of if not the best uniform in all of football.

Thanks for posting those. You know what...now that my memory has been refreshed, you are right. The current road set, while simple, is actually nicer.

I was in the same boat - I was thinking the old set looked better than it did. Actually my only gripe with the current road set is the pants striping. I liked the 1994 "Throwback" better; it used red/blue/red stripes without spacing. The current pants are more a modernization of the late 1950s pants; the 1994 was a throwback to the early/mid 1960s:

NYGiants75.gif

How it SHOULD be....

SBXLIIFieldConcept.gif

Great work JQK. I'd prefer the game logo at the 50, and the NFL logos around the 30's (or wherever they put them). Small critique/question, don't they accent the 20's not the 25's to indicate the red zone?

That is just how it should be. The helmets in the endzone with one helmet's logo being replaced by the conference logo was what I associated the super bowl with. I loved how as a kid every year the endzone followed the same design even though the game was in different years, different stadiums, and different playing surfaces.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I've always preferred the SB logo to be at midfield. Its the focal point of the field and the most important element of the design for the game.

To answer someone else's question about whether or not the new logo will be at midfield for the game...don't bet on it. They've spent way too much money on merchandise for the game with the old logo, that it wouldn't make sense to switch last minute.

My guess is that we'll see it officially on draft day.

The uniforms the Giants wore previous to their current ones on the road kind of remind me of the '94 Buffalo throwbacks or the '94 Jets throwbacks. They both had elements of the throwbacks, but they weren't complete. They had some glaring inconsistencies. (Granted, the current Giants road whites aren't perfect throwbacks either, but are very close.)

Back when they decided to go back to the "ny" helmets, it seemed like the designers/uniform decision makers took their time and came up with a very nice, accurate throwback for the home uniforms. Then, it was like they had 5 minutes before the deadline, so they just made something up for the aways. I for one was very happy to see that they "fixed" the aways.

(And I'm also a big fan of the separated three stripes on the pants. It's a cool, very old-schoolish look. The Packers used to sport those too, at one time, didn't they? And delving deeper into my opinions, I'm also a fan of the fact that the two sets don't match each other really at all. There's a ton more red on the away, and no stripes on the blue. I think it's a cool quirk. Knowing my tastes though, if a modern uniform were designed like that, with that sort of inconsistency between the two sets, I'd probably hate it.)

MBarrowNYG.jpg

atoomernyg.jpg

I was in the same boat - I was thinking the old set looked better than it did. Actually my only gripe with the current road set is the pants striping. I liked the 1994 "Throwback" better; it used red/blue/red stripes without spacing. The current pants are more a modernization of the late 1950s pants; the 1994 was a throwback to the early/mid 1960s:

NYGiants75.gif

interesting to note that the giants pant striping in many of the photos I've seen/researched from early 1960's photographs feature the "wider" pant striping that was actually red-blue-red, much like the current home pant, but reversed... in those photos, the red numerals and northwestern stripes actually stood out more!! I'm not sure if the graphic above is actually correct. I'll have to check the pant stripes from the throwback season.

I also thought the first attempt at road jerseys after the 2000 upgrade were "off"... the simple, clean red numerals, stripes, and lettering are simplistic excellence.

the giants road uni now features two aspects that are unique, the NWestern sleeve striping and the thin pant "piping" stripes..

last thing!! during the 94 throwback season, the giants wore their road whites a number of times. amazingly, the TV numbers were still on the sleeves, AND the pants were shiny silver, not the penguin gray!!! the shiny pants combined with white cleats were horrendous! the home unis that throwback year also had sleeve numerals, WHITE pants, white cleats, and the italicized helmet numerals...

2005 was an incredible upgrade, complete with the "ny" wordmark on the jerseys!!

How it SHOULD be....

SBXLIIFieldConcept.gif

Actually not quite. You got the wrong NFL logo that one doesn't take effect until next season (plus the soon to be old NFL logo is better).

It was a guess that, since the NFL has used the Super Bowl as an introductory point for new things (Logo on Refs hats, ect) that they might use the new logo.

Still, i've been searching and can't find photos of the field yet. We have better people than me here though, so maybe we can catch a peek soon. I'm dying to see what they do with it this year...

sB9ijEj.png

I've always hated having helmets on the field. Give me a solid color (or even plain grass) endzone with the team's official logotype (by the way, every team should have an official logotype that is applicable to this sort of thing. Beyond the fact that the Giants logotype with the weird backgammon box and NY logo underneath is hideous and doesn't deserve to be seen by a marketing focus group, let alone millions of fans, it just doesn't work in an endzone).

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I've always hated having helmets on the field. Give me a solid color (or even plain grass) endzone with the team's official logotype (by the way, every team should have an official logotype that is applicable to this sort of thing. Beyond the fact that the Giants logotype with the weird backgammon box and NY logo underneath is hideous and doesn't deserve to be seen by a marketing focus group, let alone millions of fans, it just doesn't work in an endzone).

Actually, it looks good in the endzone. I like the new wordmark. It pays tribute to the old Impact wordmark, and the late 70's to late 90's "GIANTS" wordmark, while having it's own identity.

sB9ijEj.png

Archived