Football Giants vs. New England

nybatt

I generally hate the Giants, not sure why- just always have. But after the brilliant posts on adultswim.com with Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force and being an underdog kind of guy, I will find myself rooting for the Giants two weeks in a row. Strange.

I must say too, those road whites are gorgeous jerseys. It is really one of the sharpest looks in the game. I can't think of a single improvement better than what they were (navy helmets, corny royal jerseys) to the sleek but simple beauts they wear now.

...now just get rid of that red QB jersey and it'll be beautifully outfitted team.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...And after having studied the Jints road look now versus the previous edition...I too have crossed over. So much, in fact, that if the Giants win SBXLIII, I may end up coppin' myself a white #17 Plax jersey.

Just to piss people off here in Pittsburgh. ^_^

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I've always hated having helmets on the field. Give me a solid color (or even plain grass) endzone with the team's official logotype (by the way, every team should have an official logotype that is applicable to this sort of thing. Beyond the fact that the Giants logotype with the weird backgammon box and NY logo underneath is hideous and doesn't deserve to be seen by a marketing focus group, let alone millions of fans, it just doesn't work in an endzone).

Actually, it looks good in the endzone. I like the new wordmark. It pays tribute to the old Impact wordmark, and the late 70's to late 90's "GIANTS" wordmark, while having it's own identity.

But it's ugly, which is one of the points I made. It doesn't work in the endzone either, which is my other point. Man, you missed the entire dartboard with that one. :P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I've always hated having helmets on the field. Give me a solid color (or even plain grass) endzone with the team's official logotype (by the way, every team should have an official logotype that is applicable to this sort of thing. Beyond the fact that the Giants logotype with the weird backgammon box and NY logo underneath is hideous and doesn't deserve to be seen by a marketing focus group, let alone millions of fans, it just doesn't work in an endzone).

Actually, it looks good in the endzone. I like the new wordmark. It pays tribute to the old Impact wordmark, and the late 70's to late 90's "GIANTS" wordmark, while having it's own identity.

But it's ugly, which is one of the points I made. It doesn't work in the endzone either, which is my other point. Man, you missed the entire dartboard with that one. :P

They don't even use the "new" wordmark in the endzones. The use the 70's to late 90's logo in the endzones.

Didn't miss your point. I disagree with it.

And JK, i know they don't use it in the endzone at the Stadium, but i think it would look good in an endzone. I like it better than the GIANTS wordmark in the endzone...

BTW... Any Photos Yet?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

When do they have on NFL.com what the Championship tees and hats will look like?

I've seen the shirts. Let's just say it isn't a great look...the Giants looks better than the Patriots because they Pats one is cluttered with a 19-0 to the left of the Patriots logo and a boxed in Perfect Season below it that doesn't allign correctly with the logo.

That being said, I hope they ship the Giants ones off to Africa.

At Media Day, each endzone has the team logo. Giants have the italicized wordmark. The endzones are not colored in yet, and the conference logos haven't been put in yet. SB logo at the 25s, NFL logo at midfield.

So will it basically be like what has been posted on the prior pages of this thread?

Giants endzone is Blue

Just wondering...

1. What is your source? or are you just speculating?

2. If thats true...will the Pats have a blue endzone as well (similar to when they played the Rams in 2002) or will it be grey?

I'm guessing that BOTH teams will have have blue endzones, because I don't see New England's script working well on grey...but I can't confirm that.

Giants endzone is Blue

Just wondering...

1. What is your source? or are you just speculating?

2. If thats true...will the Pats have a blue endzone as well (similar to when they played the Rams in 2002) or will it be grey?

I'm guessing that BOTH teams will have have blue endzones, because I don't see New England's script working well on grey...but I can't confirm that.

Can't find pics of the pats yet, but here is a photo galary containing pics of the Giants' endzone.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/photo?slug=00e...168&prov=ap

Archived