Jump to content

Logo Tattoos


Discogod
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 6 months later...

I love logos but my god I would never get one tatooed on me. Seems like something I would majorly regret within a week of getting it done, not to mention how I would feel about it by the time I'm 50 and it starts to look like a blurry mess. I'm glad I have the foresight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love logos but my god I would never get one tatooed on me. Seems like something I would majorly regret within a week of getting it done, not to mention how I would feel about it by the time I'm 50 and it starts to look like a blurry mess. I'm glad I have the foresight.

That doesn't happen when you go to a reputable tattoo artist who uses quality ink and actually knows what they're doing. I go to the same tattoo guy as my professor who is now in his 70s, but whose work still looks as crisp as when he first had it done 30 years ago.

But as long as shooting off your mouth about something you don't understand works for you........

Link to comment
Share on other sites

phvpko3t441qyqv.jpg

You can look cool or you can look like this dope

glasses+tattoo+on+face+3.jpg

I'm almost 26 and I don't have a tattoo yet, but I would like to get one. I'm still waiting for one of my teams to win a championship or for something of major significance before I ink it on myself forever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love logos but my god I would never get one tatooed on me. Seems like something I would majorly regret within a week of getting it done, not to mention how I would feel about it by the time I'm 50 and it starts to look like a blurry mess. I'm glad I have the foresight.

If you take care of your body, and take care of the tattoo it won't look like a blurry mess when you're older.

I have a tattoo, plan on getting more, but I don't think I'd get a sports tattoo. I know this is going to sound weird on this forum, but I just don't care about sports teams that much to have it inked on me. But I understand why others would want one of their favorite team.

The biggest problem with most of these tattoos isn't really the idea, it's the execution. Ridenlow71 you did a fantastic job of picking the right artist to do your tattoo, so good job on that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a tattoo, plan on getting more, but I don't think I'd get a sports tattoo. I know this is going to sound weird on this forum, but I just don't care about sports teams that much to have it inked on me. But I understand why others would want one of their favorite team.

Same here. If I did get a sports-related tattoo, it'd have to be something a lot more ambitious than just a team logo... if I want a logo on my body, I'll buy a t-shirt.

TalkToChuck is right about planning on getting more, I'm on my 4th "last tattoo".

You haven't figured out by now that "last tattoos" have all the credibility of a Terry Funk* retirement match? :P

*Brett Favre, for those of you who aren't pro wrestling fans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love logos but my god I would never get one tatooed on me. Seems like something I would majorly regret within a week of getting it done, not to mention how I would feel about it by the time I'm 50 and it starts to look like a blurry mess. I'm glad I have the foresight.

That doesn't happen when you go to a reputable tattoo artist who uses quality ink and actually knows what they're doing. I go to the same tattoo guy as my professor who is now in his 70s, but whose work still looks as crisp as when he first had it done 30 years ago.

But as long as shooting off your mouth about something you don't understand works for you........

It does work for me. I know what I see and I stand by my opinion. I might not understand the professional inner workings of the tattoo business, but on the surface all I see is 95% garbage and I'm more than happy to steer clear of it. If you're in the other 5% then that's great for you. You have to admit that you can't blame me for generalizing when it comes to the quality of tattoos that have been around for a few decades. They don't age well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love logos but my god I would never get one tatooed on me. Seems like something I would majorly regret within a week of getting it done, not to mention how I would feel about it by the time I'm 50 and it starts to look like a blurry mess. I'm glad I have the foresight.

That doesn't happen when you go to a reputable tattoo artist who uses quality ink and actually knows what they're doing. I go to the same tattoo guy as my professor who is now in his 70s, but whose work still looks as crisp as when he first had it done 30 years ago.

But as long as shooting off your mouth about something you don't understand works for you........

It does work for me. I know what I see and I stand by my opinion. I might not understand the professional inner workings of the tattoo business, but on the surface all I see is 95% garbage and I'm more than happy to steer clear of it. If you're in the other 5% then that's great for you. You have to admit that you can't blame me for generalizing when it comes to the quality of tattoos that have been around for a few decades. They don't age well.

No we can blame you for generalizing because that's how stereotypes start. If you don't know how something works then don't comment on it. And don't judge people for what they do. You don't like it fine doesn't mean you need to comment on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love logos but my god I would never get one tatooed on me. Seems like something I would majorly regret within a week of getting it done, not to mention how I would feel about it by the time I'm 50 and it starts to look like a blurry mess. I'm glad I have the foresight.

That doesn't happen when you go to a reputable tattoo artist who uses quality ink and actually knows what they're doing. I go to the same tattoo guy as my professor who is now in his 70s, but whose work still looks as crisp as when he first had it done 30 years ago.

But as long as shooting off your mouth about something you don't understand works for you........

It does work for me. I know what I see and I stand by my opinion. I might not understand the professional inner workings of the tattoo business, but on the surface all I see is 95% garbage and I'm more than happy to steer clear of it. If you're in the other 5% then that's great for you. You have to admit that you can't blame me for generalizing when it comes to the quality of tattoos that have been around for a few decades. They don't age well.

No we can blame you for generalizing because that's how stereotypes start. If you don't know how something works then don't comment on it. And don't judge people for what they do. You don't like it fine doesn't mean you need to comment on it.

To be fair he was just talking about himself in the quote here never said anyone else was stupid for getting a tattoo.

He was just glad he realized it would look stupid to him in years to come & it probably would to him maybe not to others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love logos but my god I would never get one tatooed on me. Seems like something I would majorly regret within a week of getting it done, not to mention how I would feel about it by the time I'm 50 and it starts to look like a blurry mess. I'm glad I have the foresight.

That doesn't happen when you go to a reputable tattoo artist who uses quality ink and actually knows what they're doing. I go to the same tattoo guy as my professor who is now in his 70s, but whose work still looks as crisp as when he first had it done 30 years ago.

But as long as shooting off your mouth about something you don't understand works for you........

It does work for me. I know what I see and I stand by my opinion. I might not understand the professional inner workings of the tattoo business, but on the surface all I see is 95% garbage and I'm more than happy to steer clear of it. If you're in the other 5% then that's great for you. You have to admit that you can't blame me for generalizing when it comes to the quality of tattoos that have been around for a few decades. They don't age well.

Justify it all you want. You're still derailing this thread with your judgmental douchebaggery while contributing absolutely nothing insightful to the conversation.

If you don't like tattoos, then don't get one; but at least have the common sense and courtesy to STFU about something that doesn't even affect your life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've always said I'd NEVER get a sports tattoo unless I had some sort of serious connection to the team.

But now I'm thinking I may get the ASU Sparky devil tattooed on my leg after I graduate because ill always have a connection to the school as an alumnus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.