Buffalo Bills Game in Toronto

thebigeh

With the Buffalo Bills all but confirming they'll be playing a regular season game in Toronto next season, the question I bring up is should the Bills wear a special uniform for this occasion? Perhaps wearing a red uniform that would match the colour of the Canadian maple leaf.

I figure if the Bills are doing this in an attempt at making some money, why not go out and create something that would move sales in Canada?

Or are there plans already in place that I am not aware of?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With the Buffalo Bills all but confirming they'll be playing a regular season game in Toronto next season, the question I bring up is should the Bills wear a special uniform for this occasion? Perhaps wearing a red uniform that would match the colour of the Canadian maple leaf.

I figure if the Bills are doing this in an attempt at making some money, why not go out and create something that would move sales in Canada?

Or are there plans already in place that I am not aware of?

Doubt it. They will probably have some kind of a uniform patch.

A red version of the throwbacks would be nice.

What would be nice is if I still had 8 games to attend, not 7.

Hey only seeing seven is better than seeing none. If playing one game in Toronto ensures the Bills future in Buffalo than i'm sure it's a worthwhile sacrifice.

Hey only seeing seven is better than seeing none. If playing one game in Toronto ensures the Bills future in Buffalo than i'm sure it's a worthwhile sacrifice.

Yeah, talk to Packers season ticket holders - they don't even get to attend every home game in their stadium - people who had season tickets to games in Milwaukee now get two home games in Lambeau.

I will agree , Bills are doing what the can to keep and strong fan base and add to it . Just hope they don't start thinking toronto could be greener . Then again you never know .

Isn't there some kind of law in place that prevents Canadian cities from having NFL teams?

Yeah, talk to Packers season ticket holders - they don't even get to attend every home game in their stadium - people who had season tickets to games in Milwaukee now get two home games in Lambeau.

Why would they do that when they haven't played there since '94. Are they letting the ticket plan continue on to the next generation, or are they just waiting for the Milwaukee ticket holders to drop the tickets?

I will agree , Bills are doing what the can to keep and strong fan base and add to it . Just hope they don't start thinking toronto could be greener . Then again you never know .

Isn't there some kind of law in place that prevents Canadian cities from having NFL teams?

I think I know where this comes from. Toronto was going to have a WFL team and I think it was just a threat to make American football illegal that made the team move to Memphis.

Then again, I could be wrong. But I don't think there is an actual law. There might be a requirement that it be majority-owned by a Canadian? Would that be a logical assumpion?

Why would they do that when they haven't played there since '94. Are they letting the ticket plan continue on to the next generation, or are they just waiting for the Milwaukee ticket holders to drop the tickets?

Excuse me? Drop the tickets? Why on Earth would somebody drop the tickets? :P

Milwaukee tickets are like any other Packers season tickets - they can be passed on generation to generation.

As for the Bills - special uniform no, special patch yes.

Archived