Biggest. Flag. Ever.

-Helix-

Not the biggest ever, but pretty impressive nonetheless.

Do you have a pic or vid of the biggest?

Verrazano Narrows Bridge, Independence Day 1976. Look it up.

bridgeflag.jpg

This one? I believe its the largest AMERICAN flag ever. Not the largest flag ever period. And I believe even then it has been surpassed by larger American flags.

Apparently, it's this Israeli flag:

bigflag.jpg

The huge blue and white Israeli flag, 660 meters (2,165 feet) long and 100meters (330 feet) wide and weighing 5.2 metric tons, breaks the record for the world's largest, according to the Tourism Ministry.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/927830.html

According to my crappy math, the flag literally takes up about 0.3% of the country.

As a kid, I had an irrational fear of large flags. Something about them falling down and smothering people, or at least the potential of it. It seems that a good 1/8 of that stadium couldn't see anything but the underside of a giant flag.

As a kid, I had an irrational fear of large flags. Something about them falling down and smothering people, or at least the potential of it. It seems that a good 1/8 of that stadium couldn't see anything but the underside of a giant flag.

Out of all the millions of potentially harmful things you could think of, you chose that? :wacko:

Just messin with ya, it's kinda funny.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Well it's not like they keep the flag up while the game is on. They only put it up as the players enter the field as a sign of support.

1zqy8ok.gif

bigflag.jpg

The huge blue and white Israeli flag, 660 meters (2,165 feet) long and 100meters (330 feet) wide and weighing 5.2 metric tons, breaks the record for the world's largest, according to the Tourism Ministry.

According to my crappy math, the flag literally takes up about 0.3% of the country.

I think your math is flawed. I did some calculations and the number I got is .0000029.

I know Israel is small, but 0.3 seemed way too high to me.

bigflag.jpg

I think your math is flawed. I did some calculations and the number I got is .0000029.

I know Israel is small, but 0.3 seemed way too high to me.

Like I said, crappy math. ^_^

Out of all the millions of potentially harmful things you could think of, you chose that? :wacko:

I told you it was an irrational fear (and yet, I still tried to rationalize it). :D

I told you it was an irrational fear (and yet, I still tried to rationalize it). :D

My irrational fear is being in the water near a large ship. I'd freak out if that happened. No idea why. Even being near a large ship is disturbing to me, for example if I'm on a ferry and a large ship passes nearby. For some reason though it didn't bother me when my Naval Reserve unit was assigned to the carrier Kitty Hawk for two weeks.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived