Football Logos

random_ax

I have to admit, I laughed when I read the title of this thread.

I thought to myself "This entire thread is going to revolve around the fact that this type of thread has appeared a million times before, and everyone is going to bitch and moan back and forth about how annoying these types of threads are, while other people will defend their right to post threads like this"

Man....I should play Lotto tonight ^_^

Sheesh, rainmaker, should we just not have any posts here at all? Is that what you want?

I, for one, enjoy this topic and I will make comments about it later.

But badmouthing the topic, and the topic's creater, is out of line. You may not like the post, but others might. So let's quit whining, OK?

I didn't badmouth the topic or its creator, nor do I have a track record of doing so. I was pointing out this topic is coming up repeatedly now from this poster. Reference the AFC/NFC threads for an example. I'm not trying to get this graveyarded or 'bash' the topic. Discuss away. No malice intended.

newsig.jpg

As a newbie, I wouldn't have seen the other threads that discussed this topic. I'm glad he made this thread. If he'd have bumped another thread, he'd have been ridiculed as well.

Be that as it is, I've a simple suggestion:

Let we newbs act like newbs amongst ourselves. If you don't like the thread(or have seen it a million times before), just ignore it. There's no reason to knock someone for trying to communicate.

I'm not saying your point's invalid. I'm just asking for a little bit of consideration.

Sigs are for sissies.

Well, did you post similar threads?

It's a sports logo forum...they're ALL similar threads. LOL

I have posted threads rating the NFC and AFC helmets and threads saying why I didn't like the Bears helmet and one asking where to get Hamburg Sea Devil merchandise. But I never posted one asking people what their criteria for liking or disliking footballlogos was.

Perhaps not directly, but in your other threads you set out the same criteria for what you like and don't like that you listed in the first post of this thread.

Before you were at the very least implicitly asking for others to chime in with their own opinions and reasons thereof, this time you made the request explicit.

I guess you and some others miss the point of what I'm asking. I'm not asking you to rate any particular helmet. I mentioned some as examples. I was just wondering what criteria people used when they judged a football logo (good or bad)....and that's all. It's not asking you to praise or rip on a logo. I was just curious.

Cannot agree, my friend. If these problems aren't pointed out, how are newbies to learn the protocol?

In his case, he had his previous (virtually) identical threads graveyarded. He knew better.

Just to clarify....I have been on this forum for 3 years but not frequently. If there are guidelines and rules, I'm not aware of them, I never knew there was a graveyard orany banning of users etc. You can't assume everyone knows about it.

Cannot agree, my friend. If these problems aren't pointed out, how are newbies to learn the protocol?

In his case, he had his previous (virtually) identical threads graveyarded. He knew better.

Just to clarify....I have been on this forum for 3 years but not frequently. If there are guidelines and rules, I'm not aware of them, I never knew there was a graveyard orany banning of users etc. You can't assume everyone knows about it.

1) It's a message board, of course bannings can happen

2) The graveyard is a separate forum below the polls section. It's probably one of the largest now in terms of total topics. I'm not sure how you can miss it.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1) It's a message board, of course bannings can happen

2) The graveyard is a separate forum below the polls section. It's probably one of the largest now in terms of total topics. I'm not sure how you can miss it.

I go straight to logos forum so I might miss more than that. I come here to discuss and read about sports logos, not who got banned or what topic crashed and burned. I knew bannings happened but figured it was for flaming or obscene language or something other than someone not liking your topic.

1st priority: is it memorable? is it iconic to where, you see the logo, and think of the team

2nd: creative yet simple

3rd. colors. are they sharp? do they fit the team name and the location?

4th. does the logo compliment the football uniform in general. does it shine on the helmet?

5rd: relevance? a football should be incorporated, but it isnt neccesary. theres some great ones without (AZ cards, seahawks)

Archived