State Quarters

CS85

In 2009, a one year program will honor the District of Columbia and United States Territories: the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the United States Virgin Islands, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.

http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/50sq_p...quarter_history

my daughter and i have enjoyed collecting all the states together (we lack Washington state and the 08 releases)

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

I like Michigan because I can see my hometown on it...

Same here... ironically, the Michigan quarter reps my hometown better than the Wisconsin quarter does (I think I hear Mockba's spidey sense :D)

They're the Equality State because they gave the women the vote.

First.

Almost a half century before the 19th amendment.

Which they only did so they'd have enough voters to decare statehood and have access to federal funding. They were never trying to make any kind of social statement.

Since the program began, I go to the Philadelphia mint once a year and get a proof set. The funny thing is that the proof set is actually minted in San Francisco. I'm not really a coin collector but I have this compulsion that once I start something have to finish it. And now that I have learned about the 6 coin set coming out after the 50 state quarter program is over, I must obtain that as well.

mvps.jpg

I am just wondering how the regular quarter will look like in 200---err 2010 now that they are doing the dc and crap next year, I wonder if it'll be a new design or what.

They're going back to the pre-states design. I wonder how many times someone will hand his 8-year old kid some change only to have the little tyke look at the 2010 quarter and say, "Hey! What's this?"

nav-logo.png

Archived