England Hat

mightynine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_George_and_the_Dragon

there is a st george rugby team...maybe a new logo for them

http://www.dragons.com.au/

yes, as i said im aware of this. but in the uk the dragon is very much a symbol of wales.

for some reason the poms use lions and roses for most stuff.

and st george illawara are an australian rugby league team in the nrl.

Still looks pretty bada$$, regardless for what they would use it for.

I've always liked just about everything about the English National Soccer team's uniforms....EXCEPT whats in them :P

What do you have against Lucozade?

Is it in you?

fade.gif

It's probably a fashion hat for the English NT football. Since adidas doesn't have the rights to use the "Three Lions badge," as that belongs to umbro (and subsequently Nike), they still make "fashion" items for their soccer teams. Especially because they have Beckham has a major endorser.

Juventus.png

yes, as i said im aware of this. but in the uk the dragon is very much a symbol of wales.

True enough, with the exception that the dragon is symbolic of the City of London.

335126.WH.JPG

Picked up this hat at the England pavilion in Epcot's World Showcase. I guess it's for the national team, but I can't seem to find the logo anywhere on their site, so I figured I'd come to the experts. What's the story behind this one?

That logo would look killer on a faded t-shirt. Did you see any shirts with that where you got the hat?

Taht logo, regardless of what it's for, is absolutely awesome.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

335126.WH.JPG

Picked up this hat at the England pavilion in Epcot's World Showcase. I guess it's for the national team, but I can't seem to find the logo anywhere on their site, so I figured I'd come to the experts. What's the story behind this one?

That logo would look killer on a faded t-shirt. Did you see any shirts with that where you got the hat?

Taht logo, regardless of what it's for, is absolutely awesome.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

I've always liked just about everything about the English National Soccer team's uniforms....EXCEPT whats in them :P

Is it in you?

HA!

I was referring to the players. I'm a supporter of the Portuguese National Team, and not very fond of their soccer team.

Is it in you?

HA!

I was referring to the players. I'm a supporter of the Portuguese National Team, and not very fond of their soccer team.

True enough, with the exception that the dragon is symbolic of the City of London.

lived in london for best part of twenty years. never seen a dragon emblem on anything? lion and the unicorn on everythinng, lions on everything british (british lions rugby undion and league, three lions england football, rose for england rugby) first dragon ive seenon anything.

i guess st george slaying the dragon and all, would make the poms a bit anti dragon if anything?

lived in london for best part of twenty years. never seen a dragon emblem on anything? lion and the unicorn on everythinng, lions on everything british (british lions rugby undion and league, three lions england football, rose for england rugby) first dragon ive seenon anything.

But do you spend much time in the City itself? The crest is all over the place:

londonbridge2.jpg

Temple%20Bar%2001.jpg

masthead.jpg

That's why I think this logo is so odd - the dragon is a very limited symbol in England, certainly doesn't represent the entire country.

Archived