2008 NBA All Star Jersey

koizim

WTF? These would be NICE if they could've just kept them one color.

Some of the best wordmarks I've ever seen on a b-ball jersey, but the beveled numbers are a bit extra...

Yeah the two tone turns a nice front into something very ugly

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The NBA needs to go back to Nike

And end up with the UConn jerseys? I don't think so!

On a different note, I think that the paisley side paneling looks fantastic! Unfortunately, not much else on the jersey looks that good.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Man, these are just plan awful. The don't make any sense. Were your regular team jerseys people!

I hate when the players WEAR their team jerseys. Having an All-Star uni is great granted that they are well-designed and not too busy. These are the opposite of that...having the back panel a completely different color is a bad idea. These speak for themselves.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Designer - "I have the designs here, but I couldn't decide if we should do blue vs. red, or mix it up with gold vs. silver, which one do you think we should do?"

Decision Maker - "Yes."

Designer - "But you didn't answer-"

Decision Maker - "Do it."

Designer - "Ok?"

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

It's going to look like there are 4 teams playing... they should have made the Eastern backs red and the Western backs blue just to REALLY screw with everyone.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

These are pretty bad ass. I'm just glad they went back to having the original all star jerseys. As a jersey lover- its SO much better than them just wearing their team jerseys. i HATE that. I'll even take San Antonio's early 90s disasters over that.

So a hearty good job NBA from this tiger.

Remember when the All-Star unis would just be the host's regular set with "EAST" and "WEST" instead of the team name? They were pretty cool. I'll see if I can't dig up some pictures of them...

EDIT: Here we go...

1972 ASG, Los Angeles:

s_oscar_i.jpg

1975 ASG, Phoenix:

75game_charlie_scott.jpg

75game_west_bench.jpg

I've got some pictures of the '81 game in Washington somewhere... I'll try and find 'em and scan 'em.

i don't get it. one has way too much silver, the other way too much gold...i understand its just a mock-up, but who from the timberwolves is projected to be an all-star? al jefferson? what about the wizards? an injured gilbert arenas? whatever, they just messed up the jerseys, the logo package and overall identity of the NOLA all-star game are very solid, so i will just pretend the jerseys arent there when i watch.

Caron Butler...

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

So, where are the best parts of this year's logo package? You know, the fleur-de-lis jester and the basketball-hugging crawfish?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

These - along with all the warmups throughout the League - should simply eliminate the conferences names on front and players' last names on back and just slap "ADIDAS" on it. I feel violated with how blatant they are throwing their '3 stripes' on everything.

ujsignature.png

i don't get it. one has way too much silver, the other way too much gold...i understand its just a mock-up, but who from the timberwolves is projected to be an all-star? al jefferson? what about the wizards? an injured gilbert arenas? whatever, they just messed up the jerseys, the logo package and overall identity of the NOLA all-star game are very solid, so i will just pretend the jerseys arent there when i watch.

Caron Butler...

yeah, but he isn't a lock, i was just saying they could have just as easily used the celtics' and lakers' logos on the top of the mock-ups. just irked me i guess.

These designs aren't as bad as previous ones that were used, but they aren't exactly eye candy either. I like the ideas being used here, especially the two colors on the front and back. I'm just not convinced on how they did it. Maybe next year will bring a better version with something that doesn't looked so forced.

I also think the wordmark is a bit overdone. I love the idea of the swirling ivy design, I just wish they had used a simpler letter font over it.

Archived