My newest Rams Concept

OldRamsFan

Here's my latest Rams concept. It has gone through many twists and turns. People didn't like a lot of what I did in the first few versions. I've finally come up with this one. If you'd like to read the hsitory of the updates, it is below this pic.

For this update, I demoted Gold to the third color, and moved white up to secondary. I decided to restore the complete horns on the helmet. (You guys can get off my back about that now! :D ) When you look at the helmet, imagine the horns with a gold outline (I couldn't figure out how to do it with a photoshop, and when I tried by hand, it was really sloppy looking). For the sleeves, I tried to do a variation of the 70s-90s sleeve horn (notice how it ends at a point on the back).

RAMS2008d.gif

Original:

I did something I've never done before - I used a contrasting side panel. I hate contrasting side panels unless they're done in this style: forming one unit with the sleeves (same color) and wide enough to wrap around on the front and back just a bit.

I revived the old royal blue and lightened the gold.

I also shortened the horns a wee bit. Fellow Rams' purists, please don't kill me. I wouldn't want to see the horns messed with in real life either, I just wanted to do something a little different for this concept.

RAMS2008-1.jpg

Updated Version 1:

As someone pointed out, the helmet "looks like how a video game would portray the Rams if they didn't have the rights to use the actual NFL uniforms.

The pants didn't go over well at all, so I changed those (see below). I couldn't think of a way to do the pant stripes that would go with the jersey, so I just put not stripes at all. I will look at all the other c&c now. Thanks.

RAMS2008b.jpg

Updated Versioon 2"

Chestnuts 6, I used all your suggestions in this update.

RAMS2008c.jpg

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

No. No. No. No. No. Did I mention no?

Not only is the helmet iconic, it also only looks good with the longer horns. With your concept, the team might as well be called the 'St. Louis Goats.' The next problem is the pants. What's going on with the knees? Not only did you do that part sloppily, it's also just plain ugly. Try to have the jersey stripe flow into the pants. Finally, the jerseys. Compared with the rest of the concept, these are fairly solid. I just don't like the outline on the shoulder numbers and the collar and font could use some work.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Would look better with darker blue.

I can live with the side panels, but I don't necessarily like them.

Honestly, looks like they're all seperate parts. Helmet is curvy (which by the way I actually like that helmet), jersey stripes are blocky, and pants stripes are jagged. Combine them all into one and you've got a winner.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

No. No. No. No. No. Did I mention no?

Not only is the helmet iconic, it also only looks good with the longer horns. With your concept, the team might as well be called the 'St. Louis Goats.'

Well, for the recoprd, I did say I wouldn't want it, either, just trying something a little different.

The next problem is the pants. What's going on with the knees? Not only did you do that part sloppily, it's also just plain ugly.

I updated the blue pants; I didn't like them, either, so they now have no stripes. However, I don't understand why you say I did it "sloppily". I used a line tool and a fill bucket. I didn't hand paint any of that part.

It kinda looks like how a video game would portray the Rams if they didn't have the rights to use the actual NFL uniforms. They would probably call them the Missouri Mountain Goats or something like that.

The funny thing is that the idea for the concept was born after playing All Pro Football 2K8, which has no NFL teams. The helmet was actually because of a thought I'd had "How could they have made Rams horns close enough to the original but not close enough to get sued?"

Would look better with darker blue.

I can live with the side panels, but I don't necessarily like them.

Honestly, looks like they're all seperate parts. Helmet is curvy (which by the way I actually like that helmet), jersey stripes are blocky, and pants stripes are jagged. Combine them all into one and you've got a winner.

My second update above incorporates all your suggestions. Thanks!

Well, I like the blue, that's a plus. The sleeve striping isn't bad either, but what I'm having trouble with is the gold and the number font.

The gold for one is WAY to light, mixing it with the white would make it very hard to see on the field. I'm not that big of a fan of the white and blue helmet and logo either.

The numbers are very high up on the chest and barely readable. The font chosen is too narrow and close together, making it near impossible to read, along with the fact that you used a really light gold and white.

The overall idea isn't terrible, it just needs some fine-tuning.

Well, I like the blue, that's a plus. The sleeve striping isn't bad either, but what I'm having trouble with is the gold and the number font.

The gold for one is WAY to light, mixing it with the white would make it very hard to see on the field. I'm not that big of a fan of the white and blue helmet and logo either.

The numbers are very high up on the chest and barely readable. The font chosen is too narrow and close together, making it near impossible to read, along with the fact that you used a really light gold and white.

The overall idea isn't terrible, it just needs some fine-tuning.

Thanks for looking at this and the input. This weekend, I'll have time to work on implementing your ideas. I'm going to keep the white horns, however, because for this concept, I really want to de-emphasize the gold.

Archived