marlins idea

Billsballerc

marlins.png">

just thought this one up. anyone got any ideas for it. Did it on paint so might look a little sloppy sorry. I took the regular marlins logo with the circled text around it and took out the circle. Then made it look like the marlins was jumping to catch the ball. C&C highly appreciated!

1) This is fairly sloppy and using MS Paint shouldn't be used as an excuse for it. Many people use Paint here, and their concepts look fine.

2) Isn't catching a ball in one's mouth more of a dog trait than a fish one?

3) It looks like the marlin is about to get beaned in the head. Did he piss off Roger Clemens? :P

4) The baseball looks very out of place.

5) The logistics of a marlin jumping into the air to catch a baseball are still bothering me.

6) Seriously, it's jumping into the air to catch a baseball?!?! That's so incredibly ridiculous, it hurts my mind.

ok. this is why i needed other people to see it. yeah maybe the rocket is mad at the marlin LOL.. the marlins did beat the yanks in the world series in 03. Would the logo look any better if i put a hook through the ball and put a line on the hook. Make it look like the marlin was jumping for the bait or something.

I dunno about putting a ball on a hook... I thought of that once but I think it would send a bad message. They would want to be the marlin that outsmarts the fisherman, not the one going for the bait and getting caught on a hook. Maybe have the marlin pulling a fishing boat like Jaws. I dunno, it's a shaky premise at best.

i dont think it makes the fish look stupid. My goal was not to make it seem like th marlins is trying to "eat" the ball. i kinda had the idea of seeing a picture of a marlins out fielder diving to make a catch. This is a marlin leaping out of the water to catch the ball.

marlins.png">

just thought this one up. anyone got any ideas for it. Did it on paint so might look a little sloppy sorry. I took the regular marlins logo with the circled text around it and took out the circle. Then made it look like the marlins was jumping to catch the ball. C&C highly appreciated!

It may be sloppy, but I like it.

Looks very nice as well. :D

newmarlins.png

I took another stab at a marlins logo. The marlin is now spearing the ball instead of trying to "eat" it. I also made the marlins look more like it is jumping out of the water. The sun is also the same color orange the team uses. Tell me what you think. C&C

Archived