2008 MLB Japan Opening Series Logos

Wally1912

That is one strange letter O. The logo looks nice, but it is just the same re-hash that baseball always uses for special events.

Off topic - I love baseball, but I really wish they would stop with these games overseas to open the year. The time difference is too messed up and it just doesn't capture the opening day magic.

2214705512_f2c2aafbd0_o.jpg

What's with the logos? The A's haven't used that one in 15 years...and the Sox one is bolder and has extended tails/serifs...

Here's what they should look like:

672.gif1264.gif

This logo FINALLY uses the correct "B" and correct "A's" marks. Look at any cap of the past 15-20 years, and you will see that this mark has always been used. In fact, the two logos you added have always been wrong and never officially used on either teams' caps.

This year also marks the first year the Cardinals' "STL" logo will be rendered correctly/designed to reflect the cap logo.

2214705512_f2c2aafbd0_o.jpg

What's with the logos? The A's haven't used that one in 15 years...and the Sox one is bolder and has extended tails/serifs...

Here's what they should look like:

672.gif1264.gif

This logo FINALLY uses the correct "B" and correct "A's" marks. Look at any cap of the past 15-20 years, and you will see that this mark has always been used. In fact, the two logos you added have always been wrong and never officially used on either teams' caps.

This year also marks the first year the Cardinals' "STL" logo will be rendered correctly/designed to reflect the cap logo.

Well I guess Mr. Creamer isn't providing the public with proper information. <_<

bos.jpgoak.jpg

That's basically what MLB gave to him logo wise. MLB gave him these logos and said they were real. That A's logo in the logo is the hat logo used since 1974. The team went to a updated identity in 1993 that included that meaner silver elephant on the left sleeve of the jerseys. The primary logo also had that type of a more "cartoonish old english" A logo.

I wonder if the updated marks from MLB will show the actual difference of the Red Sox script logos.

That's basically what MLB gave to him logo wise. MLB gave him these logos and said they were real.

The MLB style guide is notoriously inaccurate.

Horray for the Selig administration! :mad:

That's basically what MLB gave to him logo wise. MLB gave him these logos and said they were real.

The MLB style guide is notoriously inaccurate.

Not this year. Kudos to the man who has cost me approximately $2K in logoed merchandise he has created for my favorite team.

Archived