Atlanta?s WNBA Team Named Atlanta Dream

MVP

I'm just amazed that someone actually has the last name Terwilliger other than this guy...

normal.gif

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if the players are going to match the teams name.... hmmmm

Dem shawtys is a 10! (HEY!)

A 10! (HEY!)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

A prime example of a horrifically designed logo with no thought behind it, very cookie cutter and very uninspired. How ironic, a team named dream with a nightmare of a logo.

Bad branding and marketing leads to bad fanbase. Which ultimately leads to a bad investment, and the folding of a team, and the folding of the league in its entirety.

The Atlanta Dream looks more of a liability to the WNBA than it does an expansion team.

One word: lackluster.

ATLANTA WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!

Would be more inspired. Lil' Jon could design the logo himself while robotripping and after a few few shots of patron, and probably still beat the monstrosity which is now the Atlanta Dream's new logo.

Logo could be a ball in a pimp cup.

OR

Atlanta Shawtys would be fitting as well.

If I cared, I'd agree about how awful the logo is and goofy the name is. But I don't, so I'll just ask one question.

If the team somehow played outside, like an exhibition for example, and it rained on them, would they then be...

Never mind. B)

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Harpies would have worked so much better.

Kinda surprised they didnt go with a bird theme either. Atlanta Robins would have looked hot with those colors. Hummingbirds was a little to long.

On a side note, when i googled list of birds, I found out that a thrasher is an actual bird. I also found out that there is a bird called a boobie as well as a tit.

BSanders02.png

coltspng6.pngpacerpng3.pngmore teams to come here

Atlanta DREAM?!?! What the hell were they thinking? Then again this is the WNBA....the same league that produced the Starzzz, Sol, Sun, Sky, Shock (damn, that's a lot of S's).....

for a league that has so many team names starting with "s," why the aversion to an "s" at the end? probably a thousand threads about this, but i hate singular team names. really ...would the atlanta dreams be any worse than atlanta dream?

i like the houston oilers colors (minus the darker blue).

logo isn't worth commenting on.

Texas Villan

astonvilla.gif

• 2 months later...
The broads unveiled their jerseys today.....

uniforms_250_080403.jpg

Shades of Muggsy Bogues and Manute Bol.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Hm, the Dream has Ivory Latta? I might actually go to a game, she was definitely kinda exciting at UNC. (Now where do I go to turn in my man card once I go? :P)

Don't let the rest of these tools put you down for going. I've been to a WNBA game in Detroit, it was a good game.

But when you go, make sure to call all of the women you see "broads" and "dames." They love that, especially now that it's no longer 1947.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Hm, the Dream has Ivory Latta? I might actually go to a game, she was definitely kinda exciting at UNC. (Now where do I go to turn in my man card once I go? :P)

I must have turned in my man card a long time ago, because when I was at UConn between 1995 and 1998, I rarely missed a UConn women's basketball home game.

And I've seen an ABL game in person, too.

Really, as long as the basketball's good, who cares who's playing it?

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I must have turned in my man card a long time ago, because when I was at UConn between 1995 and 1998, I rarely missed a UConn women's basketball home game.

The rule of thumb is, sports are for men, cleaning is for women.

The jury is out, however, on competitive ironing.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Eh, I threw in the man-card thing as a joke.

Personally, I think Candace Parker is better than her fiancee' Shelden Williams. Hell, just by watching the two play, I'd bet money on Candace winning that game one-on-one.

Archived