Redskins to wear #21 in Pro Bowl

darkshadow1031

The NFL's hypocrisy in this entire wake is pretty severe. I know they don't want to be seen as uncaring, but I think having every team wear stickers and everything was a bit too much. They didn't do the same for the Broncos players who died, Marquise Hill, Bill Walsh(the only one out of all of these who would've deserved it)...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm unhappy with this move, but not because I didn't like Taylor, but because both Champ Bailey & John Lynch, Broncos pro bowler's last year, wanted to both wear #27 to honor Darrent Williams, but they were turned down.

Well if that's the case then this Cooley/Samuels #21 thing is much stupider and more ridiculous than I thought.

Redskins Chris Cooley and Chris Samuels will both wear #21 in the Pro Bowl in memory of ____ ______.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3210496

Thoughts???

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!

The NFL should retire the number 40 for all teams in honor of Pat Tillman, in my opinion. The dude sacrificed his life for a country that doesn't care. It's downright shameful.

I'm not trying to be insensitive, but Shawn Taylor's just a dude who got shot. However, I have no problem with his teammates honoring him.

Pat Tillman = Hero that was shot and killed.

Sean Taylor = Just another showboat that was shot and killed.

I don't care if you do think I'm insensitive.

the word i was thinking was prick, but insensitive works too

Well, I was going to use the word thug instead of showboat, but that would really be insensitive.

and incorrect, but hey... who cares

You said it.....who cares.

I'm unhappy with this move, but not because I didn't like Taylor, but because both Champ Bailey & John Lynch, Broncos pro bowler's last year, wanted to both wear #27 to honor Darrent Williams, but they were turned down.

Well if that's the case then this Cooley/Samuels #21 thing is much stupider and more ridiculous than I thought.

If I were to defend the actions by the NFL, I would say that they let Cooley/Samuels wear #21 because Taylor was actually elected to the Pro Bowl, where as Darrent was not.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

If I were to defend the actions by the NFL, I would say that they let Cooley/Samuels wear #21 because Taylor was actually elected to the Pro Bowl, where as Darrent was not.

How bad was his knee injury? Would it have possibly kept him from playing in the Pro Bowl/getting voted in? He had had a very good season up to the knee injury, but if he was done for much of the 2nd half of the season, would he still have gotten the votes?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

How bad was his knee injury? Would it have possibly kept him from playing in the Pro Bowl/getting voted in? He had had a very good season up to the knee injury, but if he was done for much of the 2nd half of the season, would he still have gotten the votes?

Not sure... I'm just being hypothetical anyways.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived