Do you find this offensive?

footballfiji

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not at all. I think people can be overly sensitive about this kind of thing(please, no bad jokes/insults). I mean, it's not an insult in any way to anyone, so anyone who finds THAT offensive probably says, whenever you even mention the word "gay" in any sense, immediately responds, "What's wrong with being gay? Huh?"

Anyway, my point is that not EVERYTHING signifying race these days has to be offensive, because that what it seems like.

If this gets turned into a controvers, all I know is, it'll be the stupidest one yet.

Honestly, the first thing I thought of was this being a shot at Sammy Sosa's whole thing at Capitol Hill.

It doesn't say anything offensive at all, methinks. Just saying that he doesn't need an interpreter isn't at all bad.

nhlvquebec2mw0.pngnhlpittsburghmo1.pngmlsnewenglandei8.pngnflbaltimoreff1.pngncaaohiostatepx4.png

Interesting Baseball fact: In 1960: Baltimore, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh had 2 AAA affiliates, while Los Angeles had 3 teams...and the New York Yankees had the Kansas City Athletics.

Interesting Hockey fact: In 1974, the Buffalo Sabres draft Taro Tsujimoto of the Toyko Katanas with th 183 pick in the draft. It was later revealed that Taro didn't exist, but Taro is still listed as an offical draftee of the Buffalo Sabres in their Media Guide.

About the only thing even slightly offensive would be the marginalization of the sacred rising-sun flag image in an advertisement. Other than that, nope. Nada. You tellin' me that folks are ticked off by this? Methinks folks need new hobbies.

I was about to say....that's the only thing that could possibly be offensive with this-and it shouldn't be.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Not at all. I think people can be overly sensitive about this kind of thing(please, no bad jokes/insults). I mean, it's not an insult in any way to anyone, so anyone who finds THAT offensive probably says, whenever you even mention the word "gay" in any sense, immediately responds, "What's wrong with being gay? Huh?"

Anyway, my point is that not EVERYTHING signifying race these days has to be offensive, because that what it seems like.

You offend me.

The advertisement doesn't. I actually thought it was kind of funny.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

You offend me.

Wow, what a surprise, Gitlin. Real necessary, too. <_<

Is there a stink being raised about this, or what's the deal?

Yeah, the article is here: http://www.on205th.com/2008/01/chicago-cub...-offending.html

I realized that I already posted here, but I thought what I was supposed to be offended by the translator bit, not the flag bit. I didn't realize the player was Japanese. In that case, it's in pretty poor taste.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm offended by it, because it features the Cubs (I'm a Brewers fan). Also, there is no conceivable way I could try to pronounce that guy's name without offending someone.

FOO KOO DOH MAY :D

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You offend me.

Wow, what a surprise, Gitlin. Real necessary, too. <_<

About as necessary as your idiotic gay analogy. If someone ever decides to do a top 50 list of the most :censored:-ed up comments ever posted on this board you're going to take up at least 20 spots. Not that that there's anything wrong with that...

On topic, I don't see a thing wrong with the ad.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived