Springfield (IL) Sliders baseball

ltravisjr

At least that would be better than the Beloit Snappers' mascot:

snapper.gif

who is named "Snappy." :rolleyes:

Aw, come on. I love Snappy. I proudly wear that hat. And you can't go wrong with an A-Ball park featuring 10 beers on tap and all-you-can-eat Mondays.

Just for the record, I love the logo. Just can't stand the name.

At least that would be better than the Beloit Snappers' mascot:

snapper.gif

who is named "Snappy." :rolleyes:

Aw, come on. I love Snappy. I proudly wear that hat. And you can't go wrong with an A-Ball park featuring 10 beers on tap and all-you-can-eat Mondays.

Just for the record, I love the logo. Just can't stand the name.

Did someone on this board to this? Looks familiar. - I think that may be one of Skye Designs logos

I know I've seen this - I believe your are correct creativelysain!

100% correct...here it is in his online portfolio - i like the version on his site (without the red) better - the script is an absolute thing of beauty...one of the best i've seen (although the b&w doesn't look as good) - i'm not as fond of the "springfield" wordmark...it's a little to "digital" for me, but otherwise i think this is fantastic work - that "S" looks REALLY nice on the batting helmets on the website

jldesigns404eo.png

I was hoping they'd isolate the "S" and use that for the hat. Really glad to see that's the direction they're taking.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hey guys, sorry it took me until now to find the other Sliders thread.

Here's the entire identity, built around the red-eared slider turtle and the baseball reference "slide". I used the slider's natural coloring as inspiration for the team's color scheme.

slider.png

trachemys-scripta-elegans-1a.jpg

www.skyedesignstudios.com

It's funny you bring that up, because right up until the end of the process we weren't going to use red at all-- just the two greens and 'tennis ball' yellow. Then the owners decided it would be a good idea to have it in the color scheme to help with merchandising since red always sells well.

seeing the photo of the red eared slider makes me re-think my aversion to the red in the color scheme...very nice work

...and it balances the red of the seams. Before the revision the seams couldn't have been red since nothing else in the logo was. Now, however, the seams can be red, which is more realistic. Its a great update, and I am quite fortunate to live in Spfld where I can see this design firsthand. Maybe I will snap some photos to share when I go to my first game.

LT

Thanks guys!

Cward, one more question... what is the reason for the white wordmark on the white jersey?

It was definately something we worked from different angles. After seeing their options, the owners felt with two outlines and a third 'non white' color for beveling, that it was legible enough. When stitched, the wordmark will be outlined in a philly eagles green and the flourescent yellow, so it will pop a lot more than when viewed on the screen.

Thanks guys!

Cward, one more question... what is the reason for the white wordmark on the white jersey?

It was definately something we worked from different angles. After seeing their options, the owners felt with two outlines and a third 'non white' color for beveling, that it was legible enough. When stitched, the wordmark will be outlined in a philly eagles green and the flourescent yellow, so it will pop a lot more than when viewed on the screen.

Haha.... I guess I'll take your word for it.... :D

Cward, I was going to write a detailed critique of the uniforms, to explain just how terrific I think they are -- really, they'd be in the second quartile or better of MLB uniforms -- but instead I'm just going to sum it up thusly:

I must own that home cap.

Really terrific work; I hope that when the time comes for either the Twins or the Nationals to do an overhaul, you get the commission!

20082614447.png

Thanks guys!

i was wondering about white on white too... i will also take your word for it an await pictures... solid job on everything though good work

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Archived