University of Louisville

Geoff

I never understood why universities had those idiotic ambiguous taglines. Is anyone really seeing this going "Wow... I don't know what "it" is, but I wanna go to Louisville!"

That's more the academic side. I'm sure the athletic department is happy to call itself "the best college sports town in America," or however they contort it to make sense.

I do admit though that the website looks far nicer. I considered applying to U of L for grad school in the Winter of 2005, but the shoddiness of their website (well, and of the academic program) was one factor to steer me away from the school.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I agree with all of the comments on that link. They spent THAT much money (someone said $200,000) for such a crappy phrase. That could have been scholarship money, but why recruit people to Louisville when you can draw them in with a crappy slogan? Furthermore, another poster mentioned that they should have SOMEONE at Louisville that could have made this up. Why hire a marketing firm?

Archived