D.C Mayor has plans to get back Redskins

dfwabel

Isn't FedEx Field only like 10 years old. Why do they need another stadium?

If you've been to FedEx field, you know the answer to that question. Neither the stadium nor the surrounding area offers anything nice or enjoyable for the fan. It's a pain to get to, a pain to get from, and everything associated with the game experience costs too much damned money.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

FedEX Field is fantastic, its huge and modern. The DC Mayor must have found Marion Barry's stash

You must be kidding. DG is correct. I have been to games there in both the fall and in late December and there are many constants to it being a negative experience:

1-The seats have been narrowed at least once between the games I have been to. It is done to sell more tickets, but when it is cold, everyones is in big jackets or layers. That's a problem.

2-It is difficult to get to even though on the Beltway and its exit used to be occupied by the Capital Center (UsAir Arena). The infrastructure surrounding it is poor. It is especially bad since the stadium is next to a 19,000 member Megachurch (The Jericho City of Praise). It is as bad as getting to Texas Stadium (if you don't know shortcuts) or Monster Park.

3-Too much exposed concrete.

By no means do I think it needs to be replaced, especially with public funds, but there are issues with it. Issues which are not there 40 miles down the road at M&T Bank Stadium. Plus, the city had to spend around $50 to update the Verizon Center's club level last year.

FedEX Field is fantastic, its huge and modern. The DC Mayor must have found Marion Barry's stash

You must be kidding. DG is correct. I have been to games there in both the fall and in late December and there are many constants to it being a negative experience:

1-The seats have been narrowed at least once between the games I have been to. It is done to sell more tickets, but when it is cold, everyones is in big jackets or layers. That's a problem.

2-It is difficult to get to even though on the Beltway and its exit used to be occupied by the Capital Center (UsAir Arena). The infrastructure surrounding it is poor. It is especially bad since the stadium is next to a 19,000 member Megachurch (The Jericho City of Praise). It is as bad as getting to Texas Stadium (if you don't know shortcuts) or Monster Park.

3-Too much exposed concrete.

By no means do I think it needs to be replaced, especially with public funds, but there are issues with it. Issues which are not there 40 miles down the road at M&T Bank Stadium. Plus, the city had to spend around $50 to update the Verizon Center's club level last year.

$50? Clearly, there is a problem.

The Redskins shouldve never left DC in the first place, however any attempt to get them back should be stopped immediately. Fenty has no clue what hes doing. the citys in horrible shape and the least of the problems is getting the Redskins back. and there is no way Dan Snyders leaving that stadium (currently the biggest in the league, which will be eclipsed by Dallas' new stadium...bastards). its his biggest cashcow. yeah the fans have complaints about FedEx (ive never been fortunate enough to go to a Skins game myself) but Snyder doesnt care about the fans otherwise Gregg Williams woulda already been hired. besides, i dont know the answer to this but prolly should, doesnt Snyder own FedEx? what will he do with it? too many questions, wont happen for a very long time if ever.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

FedEX Field is fantastic, its huge and modern.

Tank, you've clearly never been to FedEx. I feel pretty certain in saying that you wouldn't be able to comfortably enjoy a game there.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The Redskins shouldve never left DC in the first place, however any attempt to get them back should be stopped immediately. Fenty has no clue what hes doing. the citys in horrible shape and the least of the problems is getting the Redskins back. and there is no way Dan Snyders leaving that stadium (currently the biggest in the league, which will be eclipsed by Dallas' new stadium...bastards). its his biggest cashcow. yeah the fans have complaints about FedEx (ive never been fortunate enough to go to a Skins game myself) but Snyder doesnt care about the fans otherwise Gregg Williams woulda already been hired. besides, i dont know the answer to this but prolly should, doesnt Snyder own FedEx? what will he do with it? too many questions, wont happen for a very long time if ever.

Just a point of order-he has to actually have an interview and search process according to the Rooney Rule.

That said...I wonder how these "succession plans" jive with the Rooney Rule.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Tank, you've clearly never been to FedEx. I feel pretty certain in saying that you wouldn't be able to comfortably enjoy a game there.

I can say that is true but it looks nice on TV

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

he has to actually have an interview

He's had four.

Different people, or just Gregg Williams?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I can say that is true but it looks nice on TV

I reread my comment and it sounds snotty. My apologies.

I've been to just a handful of football stadia (Ralph Wilson, FedEx, Papa John's and Husky) and I can say that FedEx was by far the worst. The sightlines were bad, the seats were too close to one another, I had no legroom and I felt cramped the entire time I was there. I'm definitely of average size and I felt a pinch while I was there. Plus, the seats are piled on top of each other in such a way that I'm pretty sure I had vertigo for the first time in my life.

A total abomination of a stadium. It might look nice on TV, but it's really an awful place to be.

Archived