D.C Mayor has plans to get back Redskins

dfwabel

I wonder what would happen if municipalities nationwide just suddenly and collectively decided, "Screw it. We're not spending another dime on pro sports stadia and arenas."

I think Charlotte tried that strategery when they were voting on building a new arena for the Hornets, the team called their bluff and moved, and the city re-thought that idea and built a new arena to get the Bobcats. (Someone correct me on this if I'm wrong.)

FedEX Field is fantastic, its huge and modern.

Tank, you've clearly never been to FedEx. I feel pretty certain in saying that you wouldn't be able to comfortably enjoy a game there.

Heh...I never thought I'd see Gitlin tossing around the fat jokes...

I guess you didn't read about my plane ride. Anyway, my bleeding heart caught up to me before you made this post; I already apologized to Tank.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Nine miles in the old scale is hardly a distance.

Agreed. However, without reading the linked article, I'm sure the primary issue is that it is outside the city limits (and in a separate state, since Washington, D.C. is federal territory). The closest comparison is probably the New York Giants and Jets playing across the Hudson River in East Rutherford, NJ.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Isn't FedEx Field only like 10 years old. Why do they need another stadium?

If you've been to FedEx field, you know the answer to that question. Neither the stadium nor the surrounding area offers anything nice or enjoyable for the fan. It's a pain to get to, a pain to get from, and everything associated with the game experience costs too much damned money.

I think price is more a problem with the owner than the field. Snyder will do just about anything for a few extra bucks. In fact I'm surprised he hasn't raised ticket prices significantly, given the large waiting list the Redskins have.

But I have heard that FedEx is a horrible field (I've never been there myself). Although I think replacing after only 10 years is dumb, especially if tax payers have to fund it.

FedEx is definetly not one of the nicest stadiums in the league, but its not the worst either. point is, DC has too many issues as it is right not to focus on more stadiums, yeah DCU needs a new stadium, and i'd like them to get a new one, but DC has to spend money elsewhere where it is more needed. too bad most of that is out of the cities control, considering most of it is federal property and the city cant touch it.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Everything i've heard about FedEx is that it's a p.o.s.

Weird, considering how long it took to actually go from drawing board to finally opening its gates.

Raljon (LOL!) never became the Xanadu Jack Kent envisioned. :(

Well considering Xanadu the Movie is one of the worst movies ever made, maybe it is like Xandau.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Doesn't the city have enough problems? Talk about even more taxation without representation.

D.C. Mayor wants to bring back the Redskins

It's more like, "DC Mayor wants Redskins back in da hood!" Just keep them where they are. The stadium just turned 10 and it holds a s*** load of people. That's the best they can do without getting into the "Zone of Alienation," I mean Southeast D.C.

Hay, cud u try 2 be less racist-soundin? Kthanxbai

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Doesn't the city have enough problems? Talk about even more taxation without representation.

D.C. Mayor wants to bring back the Redskins

It's more like, "DC Mayor wants Redskins back in da hood!" Just keep them where they are. The stadium just turned 10 and it holds a s*** load of people. That's the best they can do without getting into the "Zone of Alienation," I mean Southeast D.C.

Hay, cud u try 2 be less racist-soundin? Kthanxbai

I'm not being racist or at least I never planned out to be.

I'll edit my post.

It would be nice to see the Redskins back in the DC area, but what would you do with FedExField? It's too far for Maryland to use, Georgetown is too small, and it's too large for DC United.

I've heard that the designers had a plan to convert it into a shopping mall. Now, there's a pretty big mall right by it(on the grounds of the Capital Centre), so who knows.

Archived