bigdub81

CONCEPT81: Washington Warriors (Complete Package)

Being a Washington football fan, I love the look. Just one small suggestion. If you're going to have the 'triple-stripe' look on the sleeves and socks, why not the pants too?

It's the one thing (other than the colors not being true burg-and-gold) that gets me about the current look -- the triple-stripe on the helmet, but the double-band on the sleeves, pants and socks.

I'd like to see a version of the helmet with just the feather, like some others have mentioned, everything else is great.

I'm a litle curious, so maybe you can answer my question:

Isn't the change from Redskins to Warriors negated by putting a friggin feather on the back of the helmet? I mean, it can't more stereotypical than that....

I'm diggin this big time. my biggest gripe would be the "w" in the wordmark. It bugs me, and it really doesn't look goo don it's own.

You never cease to amaze me, dude! your improvement are huge! He was my pupil!

Yeah, you are the reason that I wanted to get on this board in the first place! I remember how "green" I was with AI when I first started and how sh***y my concepts looked then! :P Thank's for the compliment nick!

Bo prob, I think i was the one who was being an ahole...the Saints are the ones wh have been putting out mixed signals. I spoke with a guy who works within the org that said there will be a change this year and that he has seen them. He said there was some striping on the jerseys and pants....we'll see. He also said the owner did not like the gold alternate sent with the sample. Your desong is discussed daily on Saintsreport.com and Tigerdroppings.com. I love your work

It's all good! We got enough problems in this city we grown men and don't need to be fighting! I heard from my guy at sports avenue that Mike McKenzie came there (Lakeside Mall) and he asked about the "proposed" changes and he told them that the Louisiana State patch was supposed to be coming back because of fan complaints and that they were thinking about putting side panels on the jersey's...gold on the home.....ehhhhh....but something in pipping similar to the Patriots. I guess the players have more input then we think but I hope he's wrong about that side panel and pipping! And can you point me in a direction for the saints and tiger's board to where as my uni was discussed? they both got over 500 pages and i'm lost right now. If not I'll just search em! Thanks!

Are the numbers sitting lower or is it just my bad eyes? Otherwise, this is top notch!

No your eyes aren't bad and the numbers aren't sitting lower. I thought so to but I think it's because they style of collar that I used for this concept doesn't bring it all the way down to meet the NFL Equipment shield as most others do. The collar was designed to be cut back that way to give players better neck room for movement and comfort so without that transition for your eyes to follow the collar down, it look's like the numbers sit lower than what they should be IMO.

Get rid of the Dark Crystal font and redo the wordmark. Then you have something.

Aww C'mon! It's not that bad is it? What font would you suggest because I kinda' like this one (I did try others) but I don't have time to create a custom font unless Mr. Snyder, was giving up some Benjamin's, for this then you get a custom font! This is just for fun!

Being a Washington football fan, I love the look. Just one small suggestion. If you're going to have the 'triple-stripe' look on the sleeves and socks, why not the pants too?

It's the one thing (other than the colors not being true burg-and-gold) that gets me about the current look -- the triple-stripe on the helmet, but the double-band on the sleeves, pants and socks.

The colors were based off their throwbacks as stated before, I tried this set with their current colors but it didn't look right! And yes their current stripes in that order for them and other teams do bug me as well.

Isn't the change from Redskins to Warriors negated by putting a friggin feather on the back of the helmet? I mean, it can't more stereotypical than that....

Let's just say for the sake of argument in my little world it went like this....Upon reaching an agreement with the NAAI (National Association For American Indians, not a true orginization as far as I know I made it up) Teams with any refrence to to American Indian symbolizm must remove any logos and or depictions of an "Indian" from their team profiles. However, it has been granted by the NAAI, that all teams shall be allowed to use other symbols of Indian heritage in place of such logo's (i.e. feathers) to validate that teams identity. .....so forth and so on you get my point!

.....As for the rest of ya'll....thanks for the compliments! I appreciate your C&C and it only makes me strive harder to bring my visions to life! I have listened to your comments and below you'll see the helmet concept without the spear and the various pictures where I drew my inspiration for this concept from.

NFLConcept-Helmet-WarriorsJustFeath.png

My original numbers were meant to mimic those of the one's on this Sammy Baugh jersey. I can see how the triple outline may be a bit much. Maybe I'll try the original numbers but with a single outline instead like the Rickey Ervins, which is where the gold on burgundy numbers came from. The pants as someone mentioned was taken from their current set along with the wordmark and gold facemask. I added the hip feathers because I thought they looked cool!

ConceptInspiration.jpg

I was told that there would indeed be side panels and the state patch returned..I just hope that they rap the shoulder like the Pats do.

on Saintsreport, search for "new uniforms" that was the title. Please reister there as well. We have a lot of uni fans and haters too.

ON Tigerdroppings go to Saints forum and look for the uni topic.

:notworthy: WOW!! LOVE IT!! One of the best football concepts I have ever seen. Send that to Joe Gibbs right now!!!

nice bro. the only thing that sticks out for me is the feather.

(sorry, if this has been said or if the feather has now gone)

it seems like it should start at the front and go backwards.

being a nod to the feather head-dress, it seems a bit awkward

going the other way at the moment.

Damn, folk--you sho' nuff came back up in here wit' a BIG OL' bang, didn't ya boy?!

Seems like you've gone through something of a re-invention in style, here--and you know I can appreciate that. The display alone may cause a few to step up the game quite a little--or rather, should I say...motivate others to step it up or at least push themselves a lil' bit further and higher, know what I'm talkin' bout there, country kin?

Anyway--on to this here. First of all, overall, damn good concepualization of a rebranding. I myself wouldn't be mad if the Redskins morphed into the Warriors myself. (I mean hell...the city's Bullets team rebranded into a bunch of magicians because their original name conjured up too many negative connotations of a very cold reality in parts of D.C.--particularly the southwest--so I don't see why the football team can't rebrand successfully.) And now...let me break it down, U.S. Army AAR style (AAR = After Action Review):

SUSTAINMENTS (LIKES):

- Keep the uniqueness churning. Some people prefer a more simplistic approach to things--and in some regards, I am one of those people--but in this instance here, with a name like "Warriors", I think there should be a rough-and-tough feel to this, and you've got a good start going here.

- The "W" mandela logo. Lovin' it. That's about as good a way to keep elements of the tribesman-head logo and infuse a new flavor as one can come up with. In fact...I'd make IT the primary, and this is why: "W" stands for both "Washington" AND "Warriors". Plus, as was previously mentioned, it keeps the look and feel of the current Redskin primary logo, which people can already readily identify.

- The colors. For whatever reason, darkening the burgundy really works here. So does scaling down that yellow(gold) to more of a "mustard" tone. (Plus..."maroon" and "mustard" just sound good together. ^_^ )

IMPROVEMENTS (DISLIKES)

- The helmet. I agree with others that what you have now causes much clutter. If I were you, I'd go with the "W" mandela logo as the helmet logo and dispatch the spear altogether. I know some folks have a serious boner for the spear-adorned helmets (so do I...for my Florida State Seminoles), but methinks the helmet would be better-served with your new primary. It'd pop that much better.

- Wordmark/numbers. Actually...I like the direction the wordmark is heading; I just think it needs a little more tailoring so that it doesn't look too rough. Tighten it up just a tad bit, rein it in somewhat, and you may have a winner. As far as the numbers, I ain't feeling the Anaheim Angels typeface here. I'm probably one of the biggest believers in unique fonts/numbers, but this here just doesn't really fit the theme, nor does the double-outline, at least on the road jerseys. Maybe switching that outline to mustard/white with maroon numbers may do the trick.

- Striping. Again, this isn't so much a dislike over the arrangement as a whole. It's the fact that the sleeve/pants/sokcs stripes don't match. Now, I know many teams have non-similar striping, but for whatever reason I feel like they should match here.

RECOMMENDATIONS

- As I mentioned before, go with the "W" mandela as the primary logo. That one, to me, has the most visual appeal (and not to mention the "W" connection previously mentioned).

- I wouldn't even offer white pants as an option. The mustard pants look great with both home and away, and for an alternate look, I'd take the maroon pants.

- Play around with the idea of an alternate jersey. I'm curious to see what that would look like. (As are others viewing this concept of yours, I'm sure.)

Overall, like I said--I'm loving the direction. just sand off some of the rough(er) edges a little. Keep developing it, though--I wanna see where this goes, homeboy!

(And let me know if you got my e-mail or not and if those files work for you.)

And by the way..welcome to the "3F" community! (Fraternity of Future Fatherhood)

Damn, folk--you sho' nuff came back up in here wit' a BIG OL' bang, didn't ya boy?!

Seems like you've gone through something of a re-invention in style, here--and you know I can appreciate that. The display alone may cause a few to step up the game quite a little--or rather, should I say...motivate others to step it up or at least push themselves a lil' bit further and higher, know what I'm talkin' bout there, country kin?

Anyway--on to this here. First of all, overall, damn good concepualization of a rebranding. I myself wouldn't be mad if the Redskins morphed into the Warriors myself. (I mean hell...the city's Bullets team rebranded into a bunch of magicians because their original name conjured up too many negative connotations of a very cold reality in parts of D.C.--particularly the southwest--so I don't see why the football team can't rebrand successfully.) And now...let me break it down, U.S. Army AAR style (AAR = After Action Review):

SUSTAINMENTS (LIKES):

- Keep the uniqueness churning. Some people prefer a more simplistic approach to things--and in some regards, I am one of those people--but in this instance here, with a name like "Warriors", I think there should be a rough-and-tough feel to this, and you've got a good start going here.

- The "W" mandela logo. Lovin' it. That's about as good a way to keep elements of the tribesman-head logo and infuse a new flavor as one can come up with. In fact...I'd make IT the primary, and this is why: "W" stands for both "Washington" AND "Warriors". Plus, as was previously mentioned, it keeps the look and feel of the current Redskin primary logo, which people can already readily identify.

- The colors. For whatever reason, darkening the burgundy really works here. So does scaling down that yellow(gold) to more of a "mustard" tone. (Plus..."maroon" and "mustard" just sound good together. ^_^ )

IMPROVEMENTS (DISLIKES)

- The helmet. I agree with others that what you have now causes much clutter. If I were you, I'd go with the "W" mandela logo as the helmet logo and dispatch the spear altogether. I know some folks have a serious boner for the spear-adorned helmets (so do I...for my Florida State Seminoles), but methinks the helmet would be better-served with your new primary. It'd pop that much better.

- Wordmark/numbers. Actually...I like the direction the wordmark is heading; I just think it needs a little more tailoring so that it doesn't look too rough. Tighten it up just a tad bit, rein it in somewhat, and you may have a winner. As far as the numbers, I ain't feeling the Anaheim Angels typeface here. I'm probably one of the biggest believers in unique fonts/numbers, but this here just doesn't really fit the theme, nor does the double-outline, at least on the road jerseys. Maybe switching that outline to mustard/white with maroon numbers may do the trick.

- Striping. Again, this isn't so much a dislike over the arrangement as a whole. It's the fact that the sleeve/pants/sokcs stripes don't match. Now, I know many teams have non-similar striping, but for whatever reason I feel like they should match here.

RECOMMENDATIONS

- As I mentioned before, go with the "W" mandela as the primary logo. That one, to me, has the most visual appeal (and not to mention the "W" connection previously mentioned).

- I wouldn't even offer white pants as an option. The mustard pants look great with both home and away, and for an alternate look, I'd take the maroon pants.

- Play around with the idea of an alternate jersey. I'm curious to see what that would look like. (As are others viewing this concept of yours, I'm sure.)

Overall, like I said--I'm loving the direction. just sand off some of the rough(er) edges a little. Keep developing it, though--I wanna see where this goes, homeboy!

And by the way..welcome to the "3F" community! (Fraternity of Future Fatherhood)

Somebody else here has done an AAR...............HOOAH

SUSTAINMENTS (LIKES):

IMPROVEMENTS (DISLIKES)

RECOMMENDATIONS

Somebody else here has done an AAR...............HOOAH

That...is...creepy. ^_^

But a big daggone "HOOAH!!!" nonetheless.

(And PLEASE tell me you ain't with the 377th TSC!!!!)

I've been gone for a while (about to be a daddy) but I still messed around with my concepts in my off time! This concept was based off of the Washington Redskins past and present and in what way I think that the both could be utilized if they were to ever change for political reasons. I've heard the name mentioned a time or two before on the boards and thought that it was only fitting to a club who's identity had been based of a culture of "fierce warriors" that they be called as such. I played around with this concept for quite some time and I didn't want to rush it until I felt that it was at my best judgement "flawless". I modified the uniform template to accomdate for the sleeves (or lack there of), a cleaner helmet and better stitching detail throughout the uniform set. As you will see I proposed the chage for 2010, and I know before someone calls me on it that the NFL Shield, will have been changed by then but I couldn't find the vector of it and I didn't want to spend the time creating it so don't get down on me too bad! The design was based off of the 75th Anniversary, uniforms with obvious modifications to bring the different era's together. C&C as usual and thank's for checking out my post!

NFLConcept-Warriors-Helmet.png

NFLConcept-Warriors-LogoPackage.png

NFLConcept-Warriors-GoldPants.png

NFLConcept-Warriors-RedPants.png

I like it. Great work! :D

I love the arrow/feather helmet combo, keep it, or if you drop anything, drop the arrow and keep the feather. The warriors font looks like Neverwinter Nights, and as has been said before doesn't fit the franchise. I'd say find something more than a standard block letter, but not overly untraditional. Something like the boston college golden eagles would look cool with this setup.

The way I see it, it's the name that's offensive, not the logo. Even the cigar store tribesman inside the circle isn't really offensive in my eyes. At least he's not a cartoon like Chief Wahoo.

The way I see it, it's the name that's offensive, not the logo. Even the cigar store tribesman inside the circle isn't really offensive in my eyes. At least he's not a cartoon like Chief Wahoo.

No. I agree with you. I actually think the Skins current logo is actually quite regal-looking; its the name that is the problem. So bigdub fixed the name situation by switching it to Warriors, but then he made anothe one by putting a huge feather on it... I don't know, it just reminds me of playing cowboys and indians as a kid and making a paper feather and sticking it in my "headress".... If he went with the spear.... I think he would pull of the transition to Warriors flawlessly....