Nhl jerseys to get rid of

Brass

Hey, since the expansion and apperance of several new jerseys in the NHL this past half-season, I figured we could see what were your ideas on which ones just need to go. Here's my list:

5. Minnesota Wild 3rd- Way too much red as the main color wouldn't look too bad if they used the forest green instead.

4. Calgary Flames New Home- Just hate the idea of it, it's also got too much red and what the hell if that black flame???

3. Boston Bruins 3rd- Now I know this jersey has been around for a while but c'mon B's, couldyou at least make Yoogie-Bear a tad angry? As a Boston native, I even hate these things.

2. Anaheim Mighty Ducks 3rd- Yeah those Ducks, err Kings, or Ducks? I don't know going from the Ducks colors to the Kings colors are like having the Bruins match the Canadiens by going red, white and blue. It just shouldn't be.

1. Atlanta Thrashers 3rd- Need I say more?

Remember this is just MY opionon.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Opinions are like ____ everybody's got one.. but your Number 1? it stinks.

The Trashers third is sweet. I love it. I own it.

I dont like the black flame, otherwise, dude.. your list is way off.

No Mooterus?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

5. Minnesota Wild 3rd- Way too much red as the main color wouldn't look too bad if they used the forest green instead. Bzzzt. Wrong. That instantly became one of the best jerseys i've seen in my 22 years of life. What a simply fantastic jersey

4. Calgary Flames New Home- Just hate the idea of it, it's also got too much red and what the hell if that black flame???

Too much red? They're the FLAMES, they are supposed to be red. The black flame does suck, and the numbers are impossable to read.

3. Boston Bruins 3rd- Now I know this jersey has been around for a while but c'mon B's, couldyou at least make Yoogie-Bear a tad angry? As a Boston native, I even hate these things.

Agreed.

2. Anaheim Mighty Ducks 3rd- Yeah those Ducks, err Kings, or Ducks? I don't know going from the Ducks colors to the Kings colors are like having the Bruins match the Canadiens by going red, white and blue. It just shouldn't be.

I don't mind it. It's not spectacular, but it's not awful.

You should. It's not a bad jersey, it is well designed, well constructed, and is very unique. It isn't ment to be an everyday jersey, nor should it be, but it serves it's purpous and serves it well.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Well there just my opionons and I'll keep them. I like the Star's 3rd jersey design, I just don't like the logo, so I'll put is at 6th.
On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

5. Minnesota Wild 3rd- Way too much red as the main color wouldn't look too bad if they used the forest green instead. Bzzzt. Wrong. That instantly became one of the best jerseys i've seen in my 22 years of life. What a simply fantastic jersey

Too much red? They're the FLAMES, they are supposed to be red. The black flame does suck, and the numbers are impossable to read.

Agreed.

You should. It's not a bad jersey, it is well designed, well constructed, and is very unique. It isn't ment to be an everyday jersey, nor should it be, but it serves it's purpous and serves it well.

Well ill now critique you, JQ

5. Wild Alt- :censored:in horrible. I agree the original two are fatty-scruptious (thats good,) But the third is trying too hard to be something they arent. Besides that, the logo is too small, and the Circle is unneeded. Why is it needed, i dont think it makes the ultra mod logo look any less-modern. The striping tempalate is weak at best, with a half-assed detroit whites attempt. Im from Minnesota, and im usually biased, but these are just plain gay. But the main reason...WE ARE 4 YEARS OLD! (or 3, i dont know, i dont follow the wild to close.)

4. I agree with you both. Weak uniform. Bring Back the Lanny McDonald Unis. Beautiful and simple. The black is preverse. Yellow and gold, and if you must, add a highlight of orange.

3.Bruins Yellow- Now i love this uni, but i understand why everyone else doesnt. Personally i think the ragged shoulder 'loops' are eons more creative than the sleeve stripes on the home/away, but people seem to love the shoulder/arm stripes. I think the H/A have far too much going on, and the B logo is classic, but Id prefer a BRUIN on the uniform than a B. But ill like any yellow jersey, so take that with a grain of salt.

2. Ducks Black- Totally agree. Kinda a cool concept, but how dare they so closely rip off their cross town rivals, especially after they had a stanley cup run that could have finally cemented their place in the so. cal. sports landscape. What do they do, they blur the identity with the Kings, and have a stupid, incongruous uniform. (But its better than the old kings 3rd)

1. Thrasher Baby Blue- I agree with JQ, I like the Atlanta down the Shoulder, its something new someone else can perfect. Id change the typeset first of all, its kinda hard to read, but Its a far better uni than SpaceCow.

Agreed.

Well ill now critique you, JQ

5. Wild Alt- :censored:in horrible. I agree the original two are fatty-scruptious (thats good,) But the third is trying too hard to be something they arent. Besides that, the logo is too small, and the Circle is unneeded. Why is it needed, i dont think it makes the ultra mod logo look any less-modern. The striping tempalate is weak at best, with a half-assed detroit whites attempt. Im from Minnesota, and im usually biased, but these are just plain gay. But the main reason...WE ARE 4 YEARS OLD! (or 3, i dont know, i dont follow the wild to close.)

4. I agree with you both. Weak uniform. Bring Back the Lanny McDonald Unis. Beautiful and simple. The black is preverse. Yellow and gold, and if you must, add a highlight of orange.

3.Bruins Yellow- Now i love this uni, but i understand why everyone else doesnt. Personally i think the ragged shoulder 'loops' are eons more creative than the sleeve stripes on the home/away, but people seem to love the shoulder/arm stripes. I think the H/A have far too much going on, and the B logo is classic, but Id prefer a BRUIN on the uniform than a B. But ill like any yellow jersey, so take that with a grain of salt.

2. Ducks Black- Totally agree. Kinda a cool concept, but how dare they so closely rip off their cross town rivals, especially after they had a stanley cup run that could have finally cemented their place in the so. cal. sports landscape. What do they do, they blur the identity with the Kings, and have a stupid, incongruous uniform. (But its better than the old kings 3rd)

1. Thrasher Baby Blue- I agree with JQ, I like the Atlanta down the Shoulder, its something new someone else can perfect. Id change the typeset first of all, its kinda hard to read, but Its a far better uni than SpaceCow.

So you don't like the Wild alts just because they are 4 years old and the alts look too traditional for you... that it?

I never got that argument. You don't have to be 50 years old to have traditional, simple, classic looking uniforms. The Astros uniforms are great, but they get ripped because "They are the astros, they should be faaaar out, not traditional".. Bullcrap, the Astros unis they have now are the best uniforms they've had in their EXISTANCE!

Just because you're young, or you have a weird name, doesn't mean you have to look like Buck Rogers,

sB9ijEj.png

Agreed.

I think I just about agree with you here, JQK.

I don't factor in the fact that some of these are third jerseys and are meant to be nothing but, instead on just rate them on their looks alone.

The Wild's alternate must go. We all know why I hate the green one. But I hate the red one because the crest is too small for no reason. They try to be ooooollllddd school when they have no tradition to speak of. The sleeve patterns are too plain and mismatched. The lack of border between the shoulder and sleeve is poor. (one of the reasons why the Flyers alt shold die too.) If they just flat out ripped off the Oilers third instead of doing it half assed, then it'd look better work.

The Thrashers' alternate must go. I don't mind the colors, and I don't mind them having ATLANTA doing down the sleeve. It's the fact that they focused everything on just one sleeve that drives me nuts. It looks lazy, unsymmetrical and unfinished. It draws all the attention to the one sleeve, which is not a good thing. The fact that the sleeve stripe just ends without wrapping up or something is stupid. It looks like a regular light blue jersey just with some sort of defect to the one sleeve.

The Panthers' alternate must go. Now that they got rid of the Panther holding the stick, it's even more lazy then it was before, and it was already the laziest jersey ever made. They didn't even try to make the lines symmetrical.

The Flyers' alternate must go. It's a serious mismash of colors and stripes that aren't even consistent or usuable. The lack of separation between the shoulders and sleeves is one thing wrong, but that bizarre white dip on the sleeves has no function or relevance to the Flyers and is executed poorly.

The Predators' alternate must go. Horrible colors, horrible logos, stupid blue armpits. What else do I have to say?

The Bruins alternate must go. I don't mind the fact that it's yellow, I just hate the jagged striping and the fact that the bear doesn't look the least bit menacing.

The Sharks alternate must go. Basically just a practise jersey with two stripes on the sleeves. It doesn't look like any effort went into it at all.

The Flames new red jersey and the Dallas alternates don't have to go, but they need some fixing. The Flames jersey, if the stripes were more even with their other jerseys and the C was white instead of black, then it'd be a touchdown. Their black jersey with the flaming horse head should probably be done away with though. The Dallas alternate's are really nice jerseys, but that Mooterus logo is very ugly and the use of red is uncalled for. However, if the Wild used this very jersey, it'd be a winner. (And you people already said so.)

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

JQK nailed it-"Too much red? They're the FLAMES, they are supposed to be red. The black flame does suck, and the numbers are impossable to read."

I love that they went back to red--that flaming snot horse is awful--unfortunately it's still around as the third (which it originally was).  I do agree that the "C" should not be black--(Should be yellow or white)--ditto for the numbers--the outlines were widened--but still tricky to read.

Basically if ihas "Too much" of anything--it has too much black.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I'd scrap:

Islanders alt -it's just ugly

Chicago, Philly & Florida blacks - stick to the original darks and please replace these with a true alt

Buffalo - home & away. Hated them since day one.

Edmonton alt - try using the Oilers' colors next time

I'd fix:

Calgary red - the black logo needs to go

Anaheim black - just add some green

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Yup, Minnesota has no hockey tradition to speak of.  None at all.  The sport's so new, they've had to explain the rules at all the games.

???

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

You know, it's as if the hard feelings and bad blood from the tipping thread carried over into this...

Nashville 3rds- Kill em off now.  Maybe when they move to Winnipeg, they'll get some sense in 'em :D

Islanders 3rds- Make em look like old WHA San Diego Mariners roads, they'll look wicked. As they stand now, they look like road markers.

Anaheim 3rds- They look a lot better close up than they do on the internet. A LOT better.

Minnesota 3rds- Love em. My second favorite current jersey.

Columbus 3rds- Love em even more.  My favorite current jersey.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

philly's black and florida's navy (its not black) arent alts they are the home jerseys now.

florida's reds have the panther breaking the stick and they are the alts now

ooops on Florida.. i meant to lump them in with the other 2, but didn't mean to call them all black.

I should clarify - I'd like to see florida go back to red at home, drop the navy and philly to go back to orange, drop the black. Chicago should just drop the black. THEN, each of those teams should have a third that stands apart from the rest of the set.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

I just think having a throwback uniform for a 4 year old team is kitsch, or cheesy, thats all.

The Circular Crest just isnt needed, and as I said before, I dont feel it captured the Old School Look sucessfully anyhow, I see they were going for that, but i would have gone with a script or a simple logo if i were going for Throwback.

That circular logo is very nice, it completes the jersey. If it was just the crest on their, it wouldn't look right.

The Minnesota Wild alternate jersey is the best alternate jersey to be used in the history of the program. Bold statement, but fact.

sB9ijEj.png

Oh, how come this thread isn't in the sports logos board?

Because no one is interested in putting things INTO the sports logo board, only pulling them unceremoniously out. You assume there is thought and logic to what is moved.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

This does belong in the Logos board, and is being moved.

As for what NHL jersyes have to go

1. Dallas Mooterus

2. Preds alt

3. Thrashers alt & home

4. Bruins alt

5. Flames alts formerly road black

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived