Nhl jerseys to get rid of

Brass

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Atlanta's alts as well.

The Preds..... i don't even consider them real uniforms.. i don't recognize them, like the US didn't recognize China until the 70's...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I always thought that if you reversed the navy blue and mustard on the Preds alternates, they would look pretty sweet.  Next time one of you is tinkering with the Nashville Alternate in one of your concepts, just reverse those two colors and see what a difference it makes, JMO.

~UJ

Damnit, I managed to lose the big long post I was writing with grades for all the jerseys currently used (minus the Vintage jerseys).

So, I'll give the quick grade breakdowns.

Love

A+ - Ottawa alt, St. Louis road

A - Atlanta road, Calgary road, Edmonton road, Minnesota road

A- - Edmonton home, Montreal home, New Jersey home, NY Rangers road, Pittsburgh home, St. Louis home, San Jose home

B+ - Florida road, Montreal road, Pittsburgh road, San Jose road, Vancouver road

B - Anaheim home, Atlanta home, Boston home, Boston road, Calgary alt, Carolina home, Carolina road, Detroit road, Los Angeles road, New Jersey road, NY Islander road, NY Rangers alt, Toronto home, Toronto road, Washington road

B- - Boston alt, Buffalo road, Buffalo alt, Dallas home, Detroit home, Florida alt, Los Angeles home, Los Angeles alt, Nashville road, NY Islanders home, Philadelphia road, Vancouver road

Don't Mind

C+ - Buffalo alt, Colorado home, Nashville home, NY Rangers home, Phoenix road, Toronto alt

C - Anaheim road, Buffalo home, Chicago home, Chicago road, Colorado road, Columbus alt, Dallas road, Edmonton alt, Minnesota home, Minnesota alt, Ottawa road, Philadelphia home, Tampa Bay home

C- - Calgary home, Colorado alt, Phoenix home, Tampa Bay road

Dislike

D+ - Chicago alt, Florida home, Vancouver alt

D - Anaheim alt, Columbus home, Columbus road, San Jose

D- - Ottawa home, Washington home

Hate

F - Atlanta alt, Dallas alt, Nashville alt, NY Islanders alt, Philadelphia alt

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

You put the Flames Alt ahead of their home uni?

I'd put the flaming snot jersey in last place--a definite "F"

The horse head's not a bad logo, I haven't figured out the hate for it.

Truth be told, the red jerseys have the potential to be great... were they not so black.  The trim, fine, but the numbers and the crest?  Horrendous looking in black on that jersey.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The Flames new red jersey and the Dallas alternates don't have to go, but they need some fixing. The Flames jersey, if the stripes were more even with their other jerseys and the C was white instead of black, then it'd be a touchdown. Their black jersey with the flaming horse head should probably be done away with though.

I agree that with a white/black/gold Flaming C and some consistency between each version's striping (home, away, alt)that the Flames' home jersey would be perfect.  But, all things considered, the jersey is still really awesome (especially the Pro version with full gear).

I love that they went back to red--that flaming snot horse is awful--unfortunately it's still around as the third (which it originally was). I do agree that the "C" should not be black--(Should be yellow or white)--ditto for the numbers--the outlines were widened--but still tricky to read.

Um, there was no change whatsoever to the numbers on the Flames' red home jersey since it was introduced.  The only change was to the names which switched from black with a white outline to black with a white outline.

I know im in the minority here but, I love the Atlanta alt...

The best alternate jersey has to be Columbus' tho

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

I posted this a while back as an alternative idea to how the flames should have done thier red jersey, but it got a rather lukewarm reaction.

Calgary Flames home jersey idea

Not from me--I prefer it immensely--before they released it there was a thread on Fanhome's Flames board with about 15 or so ideas for the Flames new home jersey--there was one very similar to yours and it was my favorite.

(As an aside if New Jersey gets a new jersey-it would the "new New Jersey jersey")

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I posted this a while back as an alternative idea to how the flames should have done thier red jersey, but it got a rather lukewarm reaction.

To me there's just too much yellow in there.  Yellow cuffs only work if it is either the primary or secondary color (it's the third color for Calgary) and if their is a really dark color to give a huge contrast off it.  Good effort though.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

To me there's just too much yellow in there. Yellow cuffs only work if it is either the primary or secondary color (it's the third color for Calgary) and if their is a really dark color to give a huge contrast off it. Good effort though.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

I have to disagree. These are great.

Yellow should be the secondary color. Too many other teams use black already, and with the Flames, yellow's a natural fit. The use of black to keep the colors separated offsets the need for a big contrast between red & yellow.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

If you look at the original Atlanta Flames jerseys, which is basically what Calgary used for years after the team moved--I believe yellow is the secondary colour--I always saw it that way--Stampeders are Red & White--Flames Red & Yellow--I don't mind a bit of black for trim--but the Flames have overdone it.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

If you look at the original Atlanta Flames jerseys, which is basically what Calgary used for years after the team moved--I believe yellow is the secondary colour--I always saw it that way--Stampeders are Red & White--Flames Red & Yellow--I don't mind a bit of black for trim--but the Flames have overdone it.

which is why I chose to emphasise the red and yellow. Im so used to black being a part of the flames scheme now that I dont want to see them drop it. I would however, like to see them tone it down a bit, which is what I chose to do here.

like you said, the flames two main colors should be red and yellow, with black being a third color.

Archived