2008 Stanley Cup Playoffs

stpmn

Ehh, I don't like that shield in the back, because they have the left side covered up, but you can see the right... which makes it look very goofy. Also, the wordmark is so straight across, then the cup looks goofy poking out the top.

They should have kept the shield logo they were using the last two seasons up to the Finals of 2009 at least, similar to what was done before. I rank this one just ahead of that black patch they wore from 1995-1999 for second worst of all Stanley Cup patchs. Oddly enough, it doesn't have the conference names on it like all other patches in the past.

Considering the problems they had putting the C's and A's and comemorative patches over the seams on the front of the EDGE jerseys (which they seem to have ignored for the most part anyways, so why Detroit can't comply with the C and A over the player's left chest is still strange), this won't look any easier.

I like it, upgrade for me.

I like the enitre package a lot too. Definite upgrade. They finally simplified their playoffs logo and took out at the unnecessary crap. Plus it's a better size and not a visual overload.

This is my favourite since the 100th anniversay one in 1993.

I like it, upgrade for me.

I like the enitre package a lot too. Definite upgrade. They finally simplified their playoffs logo and took out at the unnecessary crap. Plus it's a better size and not a visual overload.

This is my favourite since the 100th anniversay one in 1993.

I agree with both of you. After seeing the new one and checking out the old one, I then realized just how cluttered last year's was.

xrp8ti6y1a4zc4qmv85v.gif

Too much going on.

I am interested in where they do plan to put these on the jerseys, especially with teams who have shoulder patches AND numbers on the front. To see what they do, I hope San Jose, Dallas or Tampa Bay make the finals so we can see how they problem solve this!!

Is there a red set out there as well... because I find it odd that the colour of the west would also represent the red east...

Archived