Back in the day

wdm1219inpenna

SuperBowl1.jpg

:cursing:

Interesting replies to say the least. I had considered "flipping" the Chiefs helmet to face the Packers helmet, but the pictures only face the one way, and I'm not proficient enough in MS Paint to figure out how to flip the lettering around, without it looking daffy.

I take it based on the reactions, that many of you detest the Packers.

Thanks for your feedback,

Bill

I remembered that I needed to save my files on paint as .png, so I did so, and will repost now.

I present to the rest of the class, the brackets for Super Bowls I, II and III. Logos provided courtesy of this very website, helmets courtesy of Helmets, Helmets, Helmets by misterhabs.

SuperBowl1-1.png

SuperBowl2.png

SuperBowl3.png

I also have now included the date on which each Super Bowl game was played. It is my hope to do these style brackets for all 42 Super Bowl seasons. The 1982-83 season bracket will be a real doozy to do, as 16 teams qualified that year due to the strike-shortened season!

Try flipping the AFL helmets so they face the NFL .. be sure to keep the KC on the cheifs helmets facing right, while the arrowhead faces left.

Its funny how the league logos are much more interesting and colorful than the superbowl logo.... times sure have changed.

The Super Bowl didn't really have a logo prior to IV or V... what you see today as the "logo" for the game was actually crafted after the fact by NFL Properties for continuity purposes.

nav-logo.png

I also have now included the date on which each Super Bowl game was played. It is my hope to do these style brackets for all 42 Super Bowl seasons. The 1982-83 season bracket will be a real doozy to do, as 16 teams qualified that year due to the strike-shortened season!

Didn't the Jets play Houston prior to the AFL title game that year? I don't remember for sure, but I always thought the 1968 AFL playoffs featured four teams...

nav-logo.png

Didn't the Jets play Houston prior to the AFL title game that year? I don't remember for sure, but I always thought the 1968 AFL playoffs featured four teams...

They only played the AFL champioship game. The only reason Kansas City and Oakland played a "semi-final" was as a tiebreaker after they finished tied atop the AFL West Standings with 12-2 records.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived