Pro's VS Joe's ?

buildingmaint

Any one Else see this ? Get washed up , broke , trying to make one last buck on their once famous name, athletics compete against non pro athletics. Saying that the [ JOE'S] are not athletic is wrong , they have some game. But really , pitching a baseball, to Bo Jackson using a aluminum bat, and see him hit 277' BOMBS is pathetic. Having the JOE'S try to cover Jerry Rice, come on. Having the JOE'S try to hit Jenny Finch when not even Pro MLB players or Olympic womens fast pitch players can even hit her, and that is all they see. Lets see if Jerry Rice can hit a good modified pitch softball pitcher. Or maybe play a golf club pro. Or lets see if John Rocker could beat a real good tennis player.

I like "Sport Sciences" better. Notnecessarily related to Pros vs. Joes, but still within the concept of having Professional athletes' skills tested in some way, plus it is more sane. I must say PvJ is a bit over the top, but that may be the result of it being on Spike(not that MXC isn't great though... :D).

Any one Else see this ? Get washed up , broke , trying to make one last buck on their once famous name, athletics compete against non pro athletics. Saying that the [ JOE'S] are not athletic is wrong , they have some game. But really , pitching a baseball, to Bo Jackson using a aluminum bat, and see him hit 277' BOMBS is pathetic. Having the JOE'S try to cover Jerry Rice, come on. Having the JOE'S try to hit Jenny Finch when not even Pro MLB players or Olympic womens fast pitch players can even hit her, and that is all they see. Lets see if Jerry Rice can hit a good modified pitch softball pitcher. Or maybe play a golf club pro. Or lets see if John Rocker could beat a real good tennis player.

So you are saying Jerry Rice is washed up but it's also not fair for someone to be expected to defend him? Which is it?

How many amateur MLB players are there? Just curious.

The show really has gone down in quality since its inception. It used to be scheduled thus:

-5 Pros

Pro 1 - Pro 1's event

Pro 2 - Pro 2's event

Pros 3, 4, 5 - Event that none of them plays professionally

All Pros - Overtime

Now it's like this:

-4 Pros

Pro 1 - Pro 1's event

Pro 2 - Pro 2's event

Pro 3 - Pro 3's event

All Pros - Overtime

Now they get a professional on the show that doesn't even do a main event. Furthermore, they get dirty players like Xavier McDaniel that just elbow people in the face and the refs cannot call anything because it's not within the structure of the game (i.e. they have no recourse for personal fouls).

And "Sports Science" is garbage too, because a lot of it is made up (I think). For example, they did a replay with one of those rendered, computer-generated, motion-captured characters of a basketball player (Skywalker was his nickname) doing a windmill over a car. They said "Remember, this is the actual dunk!" although they did not have any video of him doing the same dunk (although they had a separate one that was not a windmill).

Jerry Rice is trying to make the last buck his once famous name can make [ Did you see dancing with the stars? ] .He is washed up or he would still be in the NFL. So he went out and found some one he is still better then , THE JOE'S. Where in my post did I say there were armature MLB players ? I saw Jenny Finch pitch to some Brewers players on ESPN on some show she was doing , which is what I was referring to when I said MLB players can't hit her.

You didn't say there were amateur ones but you said there were Pro MLB players thus distinguishing them and he was making a point that if they're in MLB, they are pro and no other qualification is needed.

I hardly call retiring after a HoF career washed up. I'll be sure to be there at your retirement party calling you washed up.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I watch the baseball version of Pros vs Joes 162 times each year when the Pirates play.

In all seriousness, the show is pretty weak. I saw it one time where a pro b'ball player had to shoot at hoops that rotated or something. WTF? That's no indication of anything.

KISSwall09.jpg

I watch the baseball version of Pros vs Joes 162 times each year when the Pirates play.

In all seriousness, the show is pretty weak. I saw it one time where a pro b'ball player had to shoot at hoops that rotated or something. WTF? That's no indication of anything.

I believe you thinking of the one where bot hthe Pros and the Joes were running on treadmills and shooting baskets. It seems to me that it would be an indication of the ability to shoot on the fly but they could have pulled it off better.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Ha. That's pretty funny.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived