Portland Beavers Unveil New Logos, Uniforms

BallWonk

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cool.

You don't happen to have the wordmark, do you?

Here you go:

PortlandBeavers_WMK_2008.gif

(hoping this is OK...)

Seeing as how anyone in Portland could have seen it 3 hours ago, I don't see the harm of putting a released logo up. I don't suppose the road or alt jerseys will say Portland?

I really like this new set. They may be the new trendy colors, but the Padres use them, so it's okay that their affiliate does too. I really like the old-time feel of the uniforms, the only thing I'm not sure about is the white alternate cap.

Pantone, do you have clean images of the hat logos that you can post?

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'm glad they kept the jersey scripts the same, or at least similar. Great update, especially those uniforms. I wish more teams went with that old style.

Also - what's up with wearing the eye black to the uniform unveiling?

... wow... that's a nice look. Makes me wonder, how many baseball logos have the mascot batting left-handed?

quick check of left handed batting logos

gateway grizzlies and sou. ill. miners (frontier league)

memphis redbirds (pcl)

ft wayne wizards (mwl)

tri-city valley cats, williamsport crosscutters (nypenn, i think)

el paso diabloes (no longer a team)

a few had a bat over the left shoulder but a ball in there right hand

man, yall shouldn't have said chipmunk, cus now I can't look at the new beaver and resist saying Theodore...Simon...Alvin...Alvin?

ALVIIIIIIIIIIN!!!! :P

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I love the new set. I wasn't sure what to expect, but the uniforms look better than some pro teams (that means you Tampa Bay!). I love the striping and the colors have a very "West Coast" feel. They look so much better than the old homes, with the piping and pinstripes. I was hoping for brown, red, gold, and sand for the colors, but this works great too!

Who's responsible for these beauties?

Its a nice mix of classy and minor league fun. Beautiful set.

Edit: Nevermind...I switched browsers and was able to check out the Beavers site.

Sandstrom Design with a partnership with adidas designed the uniforms. Makes sense because the US home of adidas is in portland.

I love the stripe down the sleeve - one of my favorite old uniform flourishes (à la the 1940s Cardinals), so rarely seen today.

Definately. Ive used those in a couple of concepts. Its about time somebody has implemented those.

Funny - I was wondering if they were going to use a cream-colored jersey, based on the new primary logo. I was right.

Yeah - it's the "Oregon Beach" color.

I dont know if youve ever been to the Oregon beach, but its more of a dark grey color.

close up of hats:

home:

beavshome.jpg

road:

beavsroad.jpg

alt:

beavsalt.jpg

Id rather see the alt logo on home and road and the home on the alt. minor league hat with major league unis doesnt make much sense. but nice look overall

I like the new logo but it kind of looks like a chipmunk

Or an otter!

chipmunk would be more accurate. the large pronounced incisors on a beaver, much like the similar albiet less pronounced ones on a chipmunk, are traits of the rodent order of mammals.

otters posess a tooth structure similar to that of canines, which suggest that they are carnivorous. otters are actually a member of the weasel family that is specifically adapted to aquatic life.

and this ends your exterminator-inticed education on how a beaver is better compared to a chipmunk than an otter :P

oh, and the uniforms and wordmark are ok, the logo not so much.

close up of hats:

home:

beavshome.jpg

road:

beavsroad.jpg

alt:

beavsalt.jpg

Id rather see the alt logo on home and road and the home on the alt. minor league hat with major league unis doesnt make much sense. but nice look overall

I really love the alt logo, although I'm not sold on pairing a white cap with navy jersey. Not a huge fan of the regular cap logos, because the beaver messes with the outline of the letter and makes it harder to read at a glance.

Another photo from their site:

7f30e1ec0e9757c22e0fdbf922d2574b.300.jpg

The wordmarks look very Padres-influenced, but that's not a bad thing. I like the subtle tail.

Archived