Portland Beavers Unveil New Logos, Uniforms

BallWonk

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Muy Perfecto!

Second that. Would that be the best MLB uniform of all time, or merely in MLB at this moment, if the Beavers played in the bigs?

Man, I wish the Nats would adopt jersey piping like that.

20082614447.png

• 11 months later...

Bumping - Nike is now the Beavers' uniform supplier, as of this season. Uniforms are the same, just with a swoosh on the left breast:

d598fe047b239cc23cde2a8368598409.300.jpg

There is one other change - the Beavers' blue alts are now paired with blue pants:

4f7a04f662c2535a182f92b1257a82cf.300.jpg

I really hope they wear white socks with those - make it look like the Beavers' 1911 uniform:

11zeesheehan.JPG11zeerodgers.JPG

The beaverhead on the cap "P" and the damn tail accent on the shirt scripts nearly ruin what should be a killer redo. I like where they were going, the design team just went a bit too overboard with the details.

I actually love the tail accent, in part because it's so subtle. But as for the caps, I couldn't agree more:

2468364350_869b0909d1_o.jpg

Come on. How perfect is that?

Thanks for the excuse to re-post my pic. :D

Thanks for the excuse to re-post my pic. :D

No no, thank you for reposting that. Take the beaver off the cap logo and that right there might be the best uniform in professional baseball.

But I saw a kid at Lowe's the other day wearing his little league uniform, and it was a Louisville Bats uni. Which only works because the cap has a bat logo instead of an L. So I can see why the Beavers put the beaver on the cap. I just wish they'd wear a cap with a plain P home and away and a cap with the beaver and no P as an alt. Then they'd have the beaver cap for league merchandising and to sell to fans and frat boys nationwide who want a beaver hat, but they'd have regular uniforms that are among the best ever worn.

20082614447.png

Here's a program from their Phillies days, but it's not much help on the shade of red:

568d_1.JPG

In any case, it's pretty clear that red and black was introduced when the new team arrived in 2000.

My gosh that font sucks when used to spell out anything other than "phillies"!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I wish somebody would. It's too great a look not to be represented in the majors:

1484521319_dffe4ae69c_o.jpg04.jpg

I think PC did a Cardinals modern / retro concept that used that striping. Looked great IIRC. The Cardinals (due to their history with it) and / or Padres (due to success of Portland) would be the perfect teams to adopt this look.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived