MG helmets

USFL 2008?

I'm always coming up with different "what if" helmets. This is a set of "what if" the USFL had stayed in business and what would the helmets look like today? I came up with these. Some stayed the same, some changed a little, some were darstic overhauls. Let me know what you think.

http://mghelmets.com/usfl/usfl07wq0.jpg

Check out my site while you're at it: www.mghelmets.com

MG

You should consider sending those to the guy that runs USFL.info. He might put them on his site.

He's kind of a prick though...

:)

Quit talking about him, or he might shove his big toe up your @$$

:P

(if anyone reads that after you change avatars, all bets are off)

I think you've updated some of these really well. The Stars looks waaaayyy better, as well as the Gunslingers and Breakers. I like what you did to the Bulls, making the best out of the logo that was better looking from afar than close up. Now it looks fine.

But you touched the sacred Michigan Panthers! If that was still around it likely would have the same concept, just in a different art style.

Good stuff as always.

Really cool concept. The only one that I did not care for is the "blitz". I always thought it was a stupid nickname, so they do not give you alot to work with. Also, did you think of doing a pre-merger concept of the Arizona Wranglers and have the Arizona Outlaws back to Oklahoma?

Is that the Arizona Outlaws' real logo? I could have sworn that was a Create-a-Team logo in Madden NFL 06.

The Breakers' helmet is excellent as is the Bulls. What the heck is that on the Showboats helmet?

Should have left the Panthers as it was.

The Gunslingers' logo is outstanding and so much better than that ridiculous original logo they had. Ever hear of former Cowboy Pete Gent's novel "The Franchise"? Your crossed six-shooters (without steer skull) was the helmet logo of the fictional Texas Pistols, at least on the original paperback cover. Great book BTW by the same guy who wrote "North Dallas Forty."

Nice work!

That is really good work. Nice job!

Not really much different is the Bandits except for the black mask. But it still looks good.

I always expected them to wear a black hemet.

...What the heck is that on the Showboats helmet? ...

IIRC that is the secondary. I don't know if it was ever used thought. I had a Street & Smith type of preview mag, and that was the logo they used. I think if the league would have lasted they would have used it the next season.

I do like the upgrades though.

Great job. The Breakers is my favorite redo. I wouldn't have touched te Panthers nad the Bulls was a sweet way to incorporate all the good parts of their logo

...What the heck is that on the Showboats helmet? ...

IIRC that is the secondary. I don't know if it was ever used thought. I had a Street & Smith type of preview mag, and that was the logo they used. I think if the league would have lasted they would have used it the next season.

I do like the upgrades though.

It is a secondary (one of two, the other being text of the team's name with a paddlewheel design), but to my knowledge the team had no plans to use it on their helmets.

See Memphis Showboats Logos here on USFL.info

Is that the Arizona Outlaws' real logo? I could have sworn that was a Create-a-Team logo in Madden NFL 06.

IIRC, The bandit create-a-team logo in Madden was inspired by the real Oklahoma/Arizona Outlaws logo.

I love your update of the Baltimore Stars' helmets. That said, I can't say that I'm a fan of your Chicago Blitz, Memphis Showboats, Michigan Panthers or Portland Breakers updates. All are downgrades, IMHO.

What about the Wranglers? What about the Wranglers?!

This concept was what the league would look like today. The Wranglers were merged with the Outlaws before the last season began.

The Gunslingers is a nice update. Most of your choices are OK. I'm not a fan of the Blitz concept. Blitz, being German for 'lightning', should have something lightning related. The Breakers original had a cool wrap around effect and your version isn't very wave-like. Plus I believe the Breakers would be better with a white shell (at least one team in the league, anyway). The Invaders dark color is virtually hidden.

The Gunslingers logo had me confused when you look at it from a distance it is hard to see that it they crossed sixshooters... when I first show it, it looked like pony tails on the cow's skull... sorry just me.

I like the Outlaws, Feds and Stars, but the Blitz and Express look to similar.

I like the Blitz update, but I wonder how the other side of the helmet would look, since the emphasis we see here is on the z.

I always liked the Gambers logo best, and it looks good here. Federals, Showboats, Invaders, Genarals, and Renegades are all good. But I do agree with the previous post that preferred the Breakers' wraparound logo, although the update is pretty good.

Didn't the Express have the same color scheme as the Cowboys? I liked the Blue/Silver concept that was posted on the boards a while back better than this one, I have to say.

Great update.

This concept was what the league would look like today. The Wranglers were merged with the Outlaws before the last season began.

And the Federals moved to Orlando. Would still like to see a Wranglers helmet.

BTW, the helmets are pretty sweet.

And the Federals moved to Orlando. Would still like to see a Wranglers helmet.

BTW, the helmets are pretty sweet.

True enough. I missed that one. Truth be told, they should have gone with Wranglers after the merge.