Made-up football league - states, not cities

chestnutz

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for more suggestions guys. I don't konw all that much about all the different states, so your help is very appreciated.

These are the names I think I'll use...

Georgia Rebels/Hammers - Can't decide between these two great names. (and when I said last to join the Union I meant as a confederate state, not as a state in general (yes it's Hawaii if you want to get all technical))

Florida Hurricane - I really like the idea of it being singular, kind of unique (although the 'Canes name is used a lot, but as plural)

Keeping Virginia Infantry - DL Watt, Virginia is home to the Pentagon. I realize Georgia may have produced WWI planes and such, but I think the Pentagon is more influential and well known than that. Virginia Military Institute (VMI), the oldest state military school.

Arizona ? - Still looking for something original. Thunder/Monsoon doesn't make much sense to me. I don't really want something like a snake or scorpion or heat, something original. If someone has an idea that's be great.

Washington Pacifics - I was actually thinking of using this name, and Wild is used by Minnesota.

Again, thanks for the help and interest everybody, it's great! By the way, I noticed some of you keep suggesting names for teams that aren't on the list (Oregon, Iowa). I'd love to do more states, but right now at 20, it's a realistic amount. I just can't do 30/32 logos and uniforms. I went by the most populated states, save Colorado I believe because I needed another west team.

And one more thing. I was actually thinking of making this whole project into a sort of "contest/forum project," not just me doing it. If anyone would like to do a complete set or even just a logo for any of the teams, I wouldn't be offended at all and that'd actually make this go a lot quicker, then maybe we could do more states (maybe even one for every state?) And if anyone likes making uniforms, I'd LOVE if people could do that for any of the teams once logos come out. I'm not very good at uniforms and honestly don't like making them that much, more of a logo guy. Even for the logos I make, any one of you can make uniforms.

G'day

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

i will make an oregon pioners logo and uniforms

but it isnt on your list

and the pacifics is terrible for washington

whats a pacific?

at least make it something

washington is so diverse it may as well be two states seperated by the mountains

but if you must refer to the west side call them the washington pilots or skypilots or jets or skykings (as in boeing) or washington volacanoes (ranier,st helens,baker,adams, glacier peak)

or captains (the largest ferry fleet in the united states)

the washington steelhead (state fish)

Arizona Stars(middle of our state flag has a copper star)

Arizona Navajo(don't know if it would be offensive)

Arizona Cowboys(After our history of cowboys)

Arizona Ringtails

Arizona Cacti

Arizona Mountain Lions

Arizona Monsoon(It is our summer time storm system we have every year look it up it is a very much part of the valley)

Arizona Gila Monsters

Arizona Montezumas

Arizona Bulldogs(One of Arizona State University earlier names)

Arizona Thunderbirds

Arizona Fiesta

Well, here's a logo update. I created a secondary and wordmark.

I'm really liking this update to the primary. I think I got rid of the negative space in the middle at least a little bit, while still retaining the simplicity of the logo. I also made both sides blue, so both E's flow into the logo. Changed the font and I like this one.

Secondary I went with another simple one, as I pay homage to the Jets logo and their football, while stickin the building in it.

Wordmark is self explainatory.

NewYorkEmpirefulllogossvg.png

Latest name changes:

Washington Volcanos (is there an "e" in there?)

Arizona Montezumas

spacer.png

Love the update, very nice work.

Still a few problems:

- The skyscraper in the primary still looks off center, may be just my eyes though.

- Make NEW YORK take up more space between the two E's.

- The wordmark reminds me of Fraiser. I would suggest a different font.

As for the font, perhaps go with vibocentric in bold.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Thanks for the C&C kewp, update is above. The vibocentric font I already had on my computer didn't have abold option.

BigBad, I understand davidson is one of the best designers on these boards (IMO), and he has created some absolutely amazing logos. I hope one day I can create the masterpieces he has, but I'd rather not use an already existing logo, and be more original, no offense.

spacer.png

davidson has an awesome cowboys logo

make it the arizona cowboys, or rustlers, or something cowboy related

and ask davidson if you can use it

not so fast logo is currently in use by my fantasy team in ILAF

Thanks for the C&C kewp, update is above. The vibocentric font I already had on my computer didn't have abold option.

BigBad, I understand davidson is one of the best designers on these boards (IMO), and he has created some absolutely amazing logos. I hope one day I can create the masterpieces he has, but I'd rather not use an already existing logo, and be more original, no offense.

Eh, I feel if it was bold it would stand out more and be stronger. Just my opinion.

You can download the bold version from that site if need be.

Check out my music!

I'd put the secondary football logo over the sleeve stripes, then add TV numbers on the shoulders.

Also, not feeling the skyscraper on the helmet. From a far distance it would be unnoticeable.

Maybe incorporate the skyscraper logo in the pants stripes some how...

Check out my music!

Archived