Made-up football league - states, not cities

chestnutz

If you lighten the shading the beard will show more clearly--but I prefer the upgrade--and not just becasue I was one of those suggesting a beard.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arizona Stars(middle of our state flag has a copper star)

Arizona Navajo(don't know if it would be offensive)

Arizona Cowboys(After our history of cowboys)

Arizona Ringtails

Arizona Cacti

Arizona Mountain Lions

Arizona Monsoon(It is our summer time storm system we have every year look it up it is a very much part of the valley)

Arizona Gila Monsters

Arizona Montezumas

Arizona Bulldogs(One of Arizona State University earlier names)

Arizona Thunderbirds

Arizona Fiesta

Some suggestions...Toros or Saguaros.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Wisconsin Wolves

Wisconsin Whitetails

Wisconsin Stags

Wisconsin Blizzard

Wisconsin Warriors

Wisconsin Wildcats

Wisconsin Muskies

But I'll be happy with anything that doesn't refer to dairy :D

Wisconsin Wolves

Wisconsin Whitetails

Wisconsin Stags

Wisconsin Blizzard

Wisconsin Warriors

Wisconsin Wildcats

Wisconsin Muskies

But I'll be happy with anything that doesn't refer to dairy :D

Just adding to ilwauk's great list for the Badger State

Wisconsin Woodsmen

Wisconsin Wave (we actually have the most lakes in the union, not our neighbors to the west)

Wisconsin Icemen

Wisconsin Muskrats (I heard somewhere Wisconsin meant "Muskrat Place" in Ojibwa)

Wisconsin Mariners

And because I dont mind being the Dairy State

Wisconsin Cheesemakers

Wisconsin Bulls/Cows (Reminds me of the South Park Cows haha)

brewerssig.jpg

I LOVE your idea here. For the most part, I like the New York set you have. But I agree with a few of the other posters on here, flip the building logo so it's not inverted anymore on the pant legs. Also, maybe incorporate that logo inside the "E" on the helmet. On your main logo, you may try separating the graphic from the text.

I like the idea for the Toppers too, but definitely add a beard.

As for Arizona, how about "Canyons" - it would be tough to come up with a logo, but it just makes sense to me.

And as for my home state of Louisiana, I HATE the idea of "Lightning" that someone suggested. Here are a few of my suggestions:

Louisiana Jazz

Louisiana Crawfish

Louisiana Alligators

Louisiana Nutria

Louisiana Brown Pelicans

Louisiana Bourbon

Louisiana Swamp Monsters

Louisiana Tarpons

gYH2mW9.png

im not sure what nutria is

and i thought of louisiana gumbo...but i hate names that dont end in s and no just cause its louisiana you cant use a x

as in gumbaux

i do like the crawfish, i understand crawfish are called mudbugs in la

so i like the louisiana mudbugs

im not sure what nutria is

and i thought of louisiana gumbo...but i hate names that dont end in s and no just cause its louisiana you cant use a x

as in gumbaux

i do like the crawfish, i understand crawfish are called mudbugs in la

so i like the louisiana mudbugs

Ehhh...not really. Native Louisianians call them Crawfish. I would stick with that.

A nutria is actually a member of the rodent family that was introduced to Louisiana from South America in the 1930's. They have become so common that the state Dept of Wildlife and Fisheries offers bounties for killing nutria because there are too many. they also have distinct oragne teeth. Click HERE for more information about them.

nutria.jpg

The minor league AAA New Orleans Zephyrs baseball club (Ney York Mets affiliate) uses a nutria in its logo:

s.zephyrs.1.jpg

And as mascots:

boudreaux.jpg

gYH2mW9.png

May I offer up my own suggestion for the "Florida" team?

Fury.

This is why I say that: most folks, when they go to try to pair the state of Florida with a sports moniker, automatically gravitate towards something tropical...like "Hurricanes", or "Storm" or the like. Well...here's two things to back my suggestion: one, the Tampa Bay area is the lightning-strike capital of the world (IIRC)...hence names like the AFL's Storm and the NHL's Lightning. The second has to deal with hurricanes, albeit not directly. Storms (which a hurricane is) hit with force, and from my own personal experiences having dealt with hurricanes in my beloved home state, I, as well as anyone else from down there, can sum up in one word the force that these storms hit with: FURY. So you see...it all ties in together rather well.

Plus...there's something to be said for alliteration, which is always a plus. (Plus..it makes for an easier-to-produce letter-type logo--one letter!) Say it three times fast and see if you like how it rolls off your tongue...

FLORIDA FURY!!

FLORIDA FURY!!

FLORIDA FURY!!

OH--and while this is on my mind...here's some more oil to add to the pot in reference for the suggestion of Alabama Hammers...aside from that nickname being the back half of the name of the state bird, it can also tie in quite nicely with the little-known steel industry that exists up in and around the Birmingham area (coincidentally, some people nickname that place "the Pittsburgh of the South").

Just some more food for thought. (And if you do decide to go with those colors...may I suggest a rather odd color combo of yellow and rust? Something like a real dark reddish-brown. It'd be an interesting color pairing, IMO.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

bucco, thanks for the suggestions, coming from one of the more prestigious members that means a lot. But what does Fury have to do with Florida (sorry if I didn't see it anywhere in there). The purpose of this league is for the names to mean something with their respective state.

Anyways, after a busy week, decided to do some tweaking. I could still use some help with the beard, but I like these colors more.

IllinoisTopperslogos-2.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Arizona Stars(middle of our state flag has a copper star)

Arizona Navajo(don't know if it would be offensive)

Arizona Cowboys(After our history of cowboys)

Arizona Ringtails

Arizona Cacti

Arizona Mountain Lions

Arizona Monsoon(It is our summer time storm system we have every year look it up it is a very much part of the valley)

Arizona Gila Monsters

Arizona Montezumas

Arizona Bulldogs(One of Arizona State University earlier names)

Arizona Thunderbirds

Arizona Fiesta

Some suggestions...Toros or Saguaros.

Too obvious, trying to stay creative(Tucson Toros old PCL team). But do like Saguaros

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a fan of Missouri being the Archers. It only reflects one part of the state, STL. I'm a huge Cards and Blues fan, but it ignores KC, Springfield, CoMo, etc.

How about these:

Missouri Mules (state animal)

Missouri Bluebirds (state bird)

Missouri Rivermen

Missouri Spelunkers (Missouri is the "Cave State")

Missouri Waltzers

Missouri Paddlefish/Catfish (both listed as state fish on different websites)

Any of these would be more reflective of the state of Missouri.

Archived