Kwame Traded!

Atomic

What I find mildly funny is that the thread title gives the impression that Showtime is happier with Kwame leaving than with Gasol coming. Just an observation. You may continue to dance for joy.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

What I find mildly funny is that the thread title gives the impression that Showtime is happier with Kwame leaving than with Gasol coming. Just an observation. You may continue to dance for joy.

Really....where's the commissioner's veto here?

With that in mind....Lakers just became scary.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Wow. Getting Gasol for Kwame Brown has to be one of the big steals of the past few years. Great, great trade for the Lakers.

It's really not about Kwame Brown for the Grizz. It was a salary dump, and his contract comes off the books next year.

That's all. This isn't about, "whoa, the grizz got fleeced". They needed to dump $$$, and Gasol obviously wasn't working out there. Kwame could have been Joe Freakin' Blow as long as the salaries matched up and the contract was ending. Time to move on.

What this does is give Memphis the most salary room to throw at free agents this summer, and it's a nice crop. We'll see if anyone takes it, but Rudy Gay and Mike Conley are nice building blocks.

Wow. Getting Gasol Caron Butler for Kwame Brown has to be one of the big steals of the past few years. Great, great trade for the Lakers Wizards.

Fixed :D

But seriously, holy crap. The Lakers were already in the hunt in the West, this might just put them over the top. It should be exciting to see which team panics now and makes a move for Jason Kidd.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Damn straight I am! :D

I saw the potential in Butler and was really pissed that he got traded for that bum. At this point, I would have been happy for a (insert random WNBA player)/Kwame Brown trade.

Good riddance Kwame, hello Gasol!

What I find interesting in all this is that the Grizzlies received from the Lakers "the rights to [Pau] Gasol's brother Marc, a former second-round pick of Los Angeles." First time I can recall that two brothers have been traded for each other.

What I find interesting in all this is that the Grizzlies received from the Lakers "the rights to [Pau] Gasol's brother Marc, a former second-round pick of Los Angeles." First time I can recall that two brothers have been traded for each other.

HELL YEAH! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Rejoice all you want. Until you beat the Spurs and win the championship the trade and all this hype means nothing. Remember that it's San Antonio you have to beat and they just seem to know how to win a championship.

Rejoice all you want. Until you beat the Spurs and win the championship the trade and all this hype means nothing. Remember that it's San Antonio you have to beat and they just seem to know how to win a championship.

And Dallas, and New Orleans, Portland maybe, don't forget the Suns, they're winning the division.

As a side note...I believe ESPN has stopped running that commercial where Stephen A. Smith is spouting off how good the Eastern Conference is. :P

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived