New Animal Planet logo

Old School Fool

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Animal Planet is the channel I watch the most. I loved their elephant logo, it was iconic. This new... thing isn't even a "logo" - I don't even know what to call it. Oh well - as long as the crocodiles still tear the F out of wildebeests, I guess I'll adapt.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah, I kept trying to find meaning in the sideways "M", too. Is it supposed to represent a "3" as well? Who knows.

Looks like it's meant to represent zebra stripes. That said, it's total crap.

What the hell? Thay looks terrible. Why the sideways "M"?

And about that Puppy Bowl,don't you think that's a little reminiscent and ironic of the Vick scandal?

You do realize that they have been doing this for 4 years now, right?

I didn't even know that they were still doing the PUPPY BOWL on ANIMAL PLANET. As for the new logo It look like a 90's fashion logo but at least it's not generic like WAPA AMERICA new logo.

MONICA SANTA MARIA (DEC 6 1972- MAR 15 1994)

KRISSY TAYLOR (MAY 15 1978- JUL 3 1995)

YOU WILL BE MISS.

WORST.

TV CHANNEL.

LOGO.

EVER.

Oh I dont know about that. VH1 logo look crappy and i'm surprised that they have not changed their name since they dont played musics anymore.

MONICA SANTA MARIA (DEC 6 1972- MAR 15 1994)

KRISSY TAYLOR (MAY 15 1978- JUL 3 1995)

YOU WILL BE MISS.

• 1 month later...
Yeah, I kept trying to find meaning in the sideways "M", too. Is it supposed to represent a "3" as well? Who knows.

Looks like it's meant to represent zebra stripes. That said, it's total crap.

Just noticed the stripes for the first time because I stumbled upon a version with the M slightly darker at the end of a show. Made it easier to see the zebra or tiger stripes. That can't save it my mind, though.

Here's the old one:

animalplanet_tile.jpg

If they wanted to upgrade, they should have done a "History Channel" and isolated the iconic element from their current logo. The elephant silhouette is great. Maybe remove the Earth, rework a different font, but keep what works.

I still don't get the sideways "M". I was watching the channel the other day and they were using a variation of the logo all in gray with an orange M. They're drawing a lot of attention to the letter, but damned if I can figure out why.

Here's the old one:

animalplanet_tile.jpg

If they wanted to upgrade, they should have done a "History Channel" and isolated the iconic element from their current logo. The elephant silhouette is great. Maybe remove the Earth, rework a different font, but keep what works.

I still don't get the sideways "M". I was watching the channel the other day and they were using a variation of the logo all in gray with an orange M. They're drawing a lot of attention to the letter, but damned if I can figure out why.

Like I said before, it's supposed to represent tiger stripes. Still, a very poor design.

I noticed the old logo several times last night while going into and coming out of some commercial breaks.

Once the show came on again after the break, I kept hoping for the elephant to appear in the lower-right corner, but no luck.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived