Help Identifying USA Hockey Jersey

STL FANATIC

Hey guys.

I just received a USA Hockey jersey that I won on ebay for CHEAP. $0.99 + $8.50 shipping.

For that price, I don't care if this jersey was ever worn, it's an awesome deal.

But that said, I'd like to identify when it's from if it WAS worn.

It was listed as a Bobby Hull 1980 Miracle movie jerseys. That is CLEARY incorrect for MULTIPLE reasons.

Here's the photos. I've got detail shots if needed.

74315706_o.jpg

74315624_o.jpg

Thanks for any help.

That jersey has never been worn by any United States team at any time.

All USA Hockey uniforms -- senior, junior, women, sled, roller -- worn since 1988 have had this or some variation thereof on the front:

1_usa%20hockey%20logo.jpg

There have been minor logo variations over the years. in 1998, there was a red hoop around the logo. One year, the lower stripe trailing the S was blue and had seven white stars in it. Before 1995, the star in the A was a triangle.

There have been exceptions: up until a few years ago, USA Hockey Inline had its own logo as the crest.

usa_inline_ad.jpg

Also, there was the 1932 throwback during the last World Cup of Hockey.

In other words, you've been had.

All USA Hockey uniforms -- senior, junior, women, sled, roller -- worn since 1988 have had this or some variation thereof on the front:

There have been minor logo variations over the years. in 1998, there was a red hoop around the logo. One year, the lower stripe trailing the S was blue and had seven white stars in it. Before 1995, the star in the A was a triangle.

There have been exceptions: up until a few years ago, USA Hockey Inline had its own logo as the crest.

usa_inline_ad.jpg

Or, according to your post, he has a jersey that was worn before 1988

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

usa_inline_ad.jpg

Or, according to your post, he has a jersey that was worn before 1988

For 99 cents, i don't think you can really be "had".

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I've never, ever seen that jersey before.

Have you ever seen this jersey before? The multiple waist stripes suggest this era.

_rad2C86C1.JPG

This was worn by the USA in the 1976 Canada Cup.

The single white stars on the shoulder of yours hint at the 1980 USA jersey.

usa_miracle_youth_big.jpg

While I'm pretty sure your jersey was never worn by an official Team USA, let's split the difference in it's influences and call it a "1978" style.

So far so good, but Brett Hull didn't play for the USA until 1986.

Still, for a buck, you win! B)

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Bobby Hull is Canadian.

Yeah. Which is why if this is in anyway authentic (or even if not) it's probably really Brett (who holds dual citizenship and played for team USA).

Anyways, thanks for the help guys. I'll settle on it probably not being real, at least not by THE team USA.

But as noted, I can't really be "had" for 9 bucks. I knew going in it might not be an actual game version. But the quality is high and the look is sweet (IMO).

All that said, if anybody CAN identify it, lemme know.

Looks like something Apollo Creed would have worn.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That may be an old Dave Hull International Lacrosse Federation World Championship Team USA jersey. How is it constructed, more like a hockey jersey or more like a lacrosse jersey?

I don't really know what a lacrosse jersey is like.

It wears like a hockey jersey, but arms (down by the wrist) are pretty lose, at least from what I'm used to.

It doesn't have a fight strap or anything, but it never crossed my mind that it wouldn't be a hockey jersey. But I have no idea.

Based on some of the other jerseys I've seen on ebay, the font they chose for the name, and apparent lack of branding on the jersey, suggests an Asian knockoff where they just made up a generic American looking design and stuck a famous player's name and number on it. Hey, for that price, it works for me.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Based on some of the other jerseys I've seen on ebay, the font they chose for the name, and apparent lack of branding on the jersey, suggests an Asian knockoff where they just made up a generic American looking design and stuck a famous player's name and number on it. Hey, for that price, it works for me.

I could see that being the case. Like you said, for that price, I can't complain. I wouldn't really want an NHL knockoff for any price. But it's different when it's an international jersey...at least to me.

Probably just a fashion jersey or generic knockoff. Could be a Lacrosse Jersey but I would have no idea since I know nothing about Lacrosse jerseys.

I think it looks pretty cool though. And can't complain with the deal. So its still a nice pickup!

Archived