Dolphins' Perfectville commercial jerseys

patchs

I'm sure some of you have seen the new Reebok Perfectville commercial with some of the 1972 Dolphins.

Some of the players (Morris, Kiick, Little) are wearing nice replicas of the 72-73 Dolphins jersey, the ones they wore at the 35th anniversary celebration that was held at halftime of the Dolphins-Ravens game (I was there).

Some (Kooch, Garo, Morrall) wore current day Miami jerseys.

I wonder why they didn't all have the throwbacks? They all wore them at the ceremony.

Still, a great ad.

I wish Reebok would sell either Perfectville t-shirts or the throwbacks.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I threw up in my mouth when I saw that ad. I hate that team and all of the attention they get when they are wheeled out every year. They are just pompous ******** that think they are the great thing since sliced bread. The late 70s Steelers, 80s Niners, 85 Bears, 90s Cowboys would have crushed that damn team.

MildlyPsycho.png

Realsig.png

Why should they want their record to be broken? Give me a break. You're going to give them hell because they would prefer their record NOT be broken? Shut up with that. Atleast they come out and say that they're proud of what they accomplished and don't want it to be duplicated. You know 98% of players with personal records are flat out lying when they throw out the old "records are meant to be broken" cliche to begin with. That makes them "asses?" Piss off.

I threw up in my mouth when I saw that ad. I hate that team and all of the attention they get when they are wheeled out every year. They are just pompous ******** that think they are the great thing since sliced bread. The late 70s Steelers, 80s Niners, 85 Bears, 90s Cowboys would have crushed that damn team.

HA!

You took the words right out of my mouth!

Those Dolphins are sooooo overrated it makes me sick.

Do you realize that the majority of the teams they played that year were mostly BELOW .500 and the remainder of the teams were barely above .500? They barely made it through the season undefeated, trailing in many of their regular season games in the fourth quarter. I think they only beat three teams by more than 12 or 15 points.

In the playoffs, they trailed late to the Steelers and were 'underdogs' in the Super Bowl to the Redskins. The 'Skins were favored by THREE points. So basically even the oddsmakers realized the Dolphins were overrated. They barely beat the 'Skins and unfortunately won't go away anytime soon.

If the '85 Bears or '84 'Niners had gone undefeated we wouldn't even bother to include the Dolphins in the greatest teams in history. The Bears and Niners DOMINATED teams in their seasons. Not to mention the fact that those championship teams were stuffed to the brim with stars and future Hall of Famers. It sickens me that the Patriots didn't close out this year's season undefeated primarily because I just want these Dolphins and their annoying record to go away.

I'm all for glorifying the past, but to call the '72 Dolphins the greatest team of all time is not only inaccurate but absurd.

There aren't many people who feel the '72 team is the greatest of all time. Even Dolphin fans will tell you that.

Unfortunately guys like Mercury Morris think that and apparently have made a new career for themselves going around on the talk show circuit to proclaim how great his team was. Its kind of sad when you think about it. It makes him look like thats his only claim to fame and that once another team goes undefeated he'll just turn to dust and be swept away.

Kind of reminds me of Clavin Murphy and his ridiculous obsession with his consecutive free throw record. EVERY time when someone approaches his record he's at the game doing the voodoo that he does to the poor schlep to keep his worthless record. It just gets old and sad after a while.

Man...I wish the Pats had won that stupid game and put an end to this garbage.

This is probably what happened with the jerseys: Mercury Morriss and a few others were really hardcore, they wanted to wear the exact jersey they wore for that season. A few other guys probably gave the jerseys away a long time ago or just don't care as much, so the people producing the commercial had new ones made. To keep the new jerseys from clashing witht he old jerseys and looking even more out of place, they put all of the new jersey wearing guys in the same place.

count me in as someone who still wants to see the version that would've play had the Patriots won.

PvO6ZWJ.png

This is probably what happened with the jerseys: Mercury Morriss and a few others were really hardcore, they wanted to wear the exact jersey they wore for that season. A few other guys probably gave the jerseys away a long time ago or just don't care as much, so the people producing the commercial had new ones made. To keep the new jerseys from clashing witht he old jerseys and looking even more out of place, they put all of the new jersey wearing guys in the same place.

count me in as someone who still wants to see the version that would've play had the Patriots won.

The Pats won version is on You Tube.

The 35th anniversary celebration was Dec. 16 and they are the same jerseys as the commercial. I saw the Reebok tag on a photo from Dec. 16.

And as to those who say the 72 Phins are overrated, well, why are they the only ones? Why didn't the other NFL dynasties do it? It's Miami's fault the rest of the league sucked that year? They did what a great team does, they won.

Plus, I wonder if the Pats would have gone 16-0 if Brady missed the final 9 games? That's what Miami did.

I wonder if NE would have won the AFC title game if it was in Indy or SD? Miami had to win it in Pitt at 3 Rivers.

Hate the media for shoving the mikes in their faces. That has been my continued stance on the subject.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

And as to those who say the 72 Phins are overrated, well, why are they the only ones? Why didn't the other NFL dynasties do it? It's Miami's fault the rest of the league sucked that year? They did what a great team does, they won.

Plus, I wonder if the Pats would have gone 16-0 if Brady missed the final 9 games? That's what Miami did.

I wonder if NE would have won the AFC title game if it was in Indy or SD? Miami had to win it in Pitt at 3 Rivers.

You make great points. My question to you is this: What makes a team truly great? a perfect season where they barely squeak by and no one beats them....or one where the team dominated just about every game but ONE, where they just happened to fall a little short?

I'm not sure there's a solid answer, but I'm sure there will be plenty of opinions.

I look at it this way. Roger Maris held the homerun record of 61 for decades. Was he the greatest homerun hitter of all time? Was he the greatest hitter period? Was he even better than Babe Ruth? Did that one season make him better than all of the rest?

I say no to all of those questions.

BUT...he did indeed break the record. You can't take that away from him. No one else did it for years...until McGwire..blah blah blah Bonds blah blah....

Is it the record that makes the person or TEAM great? or all other attributes and accomplishments that do?

HA!

You took the words right out of my mouth!

Those Dolphins are sooooo overrated it makes me sick.

Do you realize that the majority of the teams they played that year were mostly BELOW .500 and the remainder of the teams were barely above .500? They barely made it through the season undefeated, trailing in many of their regular season games in the fourth quarter. I think they only beat three teams by more than 12 or 15 points.

In the playoffs, they trailed late to the Steelers and were 'underdogs' in the Super Bowl to the Redskins. The 'Skins were favored by THREE points. So basically even the oddsmakers realized the Dolphins were overrated. They barely beat the 'Skins and unfortunately won't go away anytime soon.

If the '85 Bears or '84 'Niners had gone undefeated we wouldn't even bother to include the Dolphins in the greatest teams in history. The Bears and Niners DOMINATED teams in their seasons. Not to mention the fact that those championship teams were stuffed to the brim with stars and future Hall of Famers. It sickens me that the Patriots didn't close out this year's season undefeated primarily because I just want these Dolphins and their annoying record to go away.

I'm all for glorifying the past, but to call the '72 Dolphins the greatest team of all time is not only inaccurate but absurd.

yup, sooooo overrated

so overrated that no one has gone perfect since :D !!!!!

I find it funny that everyone thinks Mercury Morris of all people is the spokesman for the 40 plus members of the 72 Dolphins, has anyone of the other Phins come out and acted like an ass about going 17-0 because I have never seen it, and a few of the old Dolphins have said they would be the first to congratulate the next undefeated team. The whole big party to celebrate the loss of the last undefeated team thing is a myth, three players(one being Garo Yepremian) did a toast with champagne once.

ESPN fueled the whole 72 Dolphins as bitter old men stuff big time this year because their golden boys and local team the Pats were going for the record.

Those of you that are rubbed wrong by the '72 Dolphins need to lighten up a bit. The media continuously seeks out these guys every time a team comes close, and what are they supposed to do? Root for their record to be matched? They're proud of their accomplishment, they don't want it to be matched, and any of you who thinks you'd feel differently in their shoes have never played sports of any kind.

The Pats did NOT beat their record, by the way. The record is perfection in one season. Other teams, including a recent Denver Broncos team, won more consecutive games than the '72 Dolphins, so this year's Patriots didn't knock that off. The Pats the first team to go 16-0 in a regular season, and for that they deserve to be given a nice golf clap. Unfortunately, and this is truly sad, the only thing they'll be remembered for now is being the team that couldn't seal the deal.

If you guys think still think Mercury and his buddies are annoying, just imagine for a minute having to deal with guys like Bill Belicheck, Randy Moss, and Rodney Harrison in the media for the next 20 years if they had been perfect. You'd all be wishing that Mercury would come back and kill these guys with an axe. Can you just see the oh-so-classy-and-smug Belicheck answering questions at a press conference after his team was perfect? He'd make Bobby Knight look like a princess.

I was pulling for New England because I want the Dolphins to shut up about it. I'm sick of the champaigne and sick the (what turned out to be unneccesary) pre-emptive whining they did about New England's perfect season. I don't know how many players are being genuine when they say they are OK with their records being broken. I am sure that some are being phony. But at least they aren't giving the impression of being crybabies about it.

The champaigne celebrations...Imagine if Eric Dickerson made some public celebratory stink after every season that someone did not break his single season rushing record. My favorite was the 1998 celebration. Denver was the last team to lose, after about 9 games or so. Bob Griese popping champaigne after his son Brian's team lost. Sure, Brian was the backup to Elway, but I would think that maybe Bob would have still enjoyed sharing that with his son.

I want someone to go 19 and 0 next year...I want as many of the Dolphins to be alive as possible when they it happens.

And I don't really view them as "overrated." They were a very good team that is not considered as good as some of the Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Dallas, San Francisco and (that one) Chicago teams. Seems about right to me.

And nothing that happens in 2008 can really take away from what they did in 1972, so I don't see the need to make a big stink. Then again, I just saw that defensive players held (or still hold?) a grudge against Garo Yepremian for a long time because his blunder cost them their shutout. They won the Super Bowl and are dwelling on the shutout. These people are a bit too obsessed with legacy.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived