Dolphins' Perfectville commercial jerseys

patchs

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all about having fun. How boring would things be without teams like the '72 Dolphins? I'm glad they're having as much fun with it as they are - it makes me laugh. It's harmless, and I feel for people who actually get worked up over this type of thing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If it was an individual record, I would have a problem with the ex-Dolphins behavior...but for a team record, I find it cool that they still have such pride in it.

Name me one player or coach from any of the old dynasties (Packers, Steelers, 49ers, Cowboys) who would say that another team from a different era was better than theirs...it just doesn't happen.

And for those who question the '72 Dolphins quality, note that in 1973 they played a much more difficult schedule and dominated everyone in the playoffs on their way to a 15-2 combined record...that's 32-2 over two seasons.

I was pulling for New England because I want the Dolphins to shut up about it.

Do you really think that we'd ever get the Patriots to shut up about it, had they been able to finish the job? :blink:

They'd have been a thousand times as annoying as the 72 Dolphins are, if for no other reason than the Dolphins are only relevant until everybody loses a game and then they go away for another year.

The Pats would have strutted and preened every single week of every season until the last one retires. And then we'd have to listen to it all over again every time one gets inducted into the Hall of Fame.

The 72 Dolphins are by far the lesser of these evils.

This man speaks the truth. While still hearing from the 1972 dolphins is kinda annoying, appreciate the fact that you and your kids or grandkids wont have to hear about the perfect 2007 Patriots 50 years from now. It would have been even more annoying because spygate would probably be mentioned everytime the word patriot came out. Personally, that would've made me more mad to hear about the perfect pats and be reminded how they cheated over and over again.

BSanders02.png

coltspng6.pngpacerpng3.pngmore teams to come here

If it was an individual record, I would have a problem with the ex-Dolphins behavior...but for a team record, I find it cool that they still have such pride in it.

Name me one player or coach from any of the old dynasties (Packers, Steelers, 49ers, Cowboys) who would say that another team from a different era was better than theirs...it just doesn't happen.

And for those who question the '72 Dolphins quality, note that in 1973 they played a much more difficult schedule and dominated everyone in the playoffs on their way to a 15-2 combined record...that's 32-2 over two seasons.

On of their 1973 losses came in the next to last game of the season, where the rested a few banged up players, with the division title clinched.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The 72 Dolphins made two commercials. One acknowledging and welcoming the Pats to the "undefeated" neighborhood. It seems pretty classy to me. Maybe the Patriots wouldn't enjoy it, but if I were a member of an undefeated NFL team, I would proud of it. I don't care for the Pats or the Dolphins, so I am unbiased. I just think it is what it is. I don't see any justification in being angry at the Fins for enjoying their accomplishments.

Think about it. If any of you were ever on the only team in the history of a league to go undefeated wouldn't you wake up every day and say to yourself "Yup, still the one and only" and celebrate it when the only chance of it being matched is snuffed out.

The 1972 Dolphins are some of the most classless, insecure, spiteful individuals I've ever seen

Belichick would fit right in with them. :D

WOW!

I'm shocked you didn't slip in a pot shot at the Great Papa Bear in that comment.

I was waitin' for it. ^_^

Archived