Cougars concept

Sterling84

Stumbled across another project.  A group of business guys I work with are funding an inner city youth football program so that the kids can play organized ball pre-high school and have the same opportunities as the burb kids.

Good cause I think.  They wanted red.white.  THey wanted Cougars.  Whatcha think?

cougars.jpg

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Thanks alot guys. I think you are right Zilla, not only might those lines be too thin to print, but they are certainly not in keeping with the thickness of anything else in the concept.

I did actually really focus on simplicity this time, seeing as most everything I do gets multi-toned and out of hand. I've always wanted an excuse to do a straight on symmetrical logo...a la the Bulls.

BTW, checked out the Houston one....had fears I'd stepped on someone's toes yet again. I can appreciate what is similar...colors, subject matter. But dang, that is a foul logo they have....and its new??!? Whoa.

That's awesome!  How long did it take you to draft that one up?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I dunno.  Bout 3 hours last night I guess.

Time is really a deceptive thing though.  I've taken ten times longer to do simpler things.

I wouldn't worry about making sure anyone's comes out particularly fast.  I've had years of life drawing classes and you practice all day in capturing the form and essence of something as quickly as possible.  I wouldn't say that's a prerequisite for success at all though.

Although it is a good tip to put your concept down in its entirety first, and work progressively down toward more and more detail.  If you focus on "finishing" the mouth for instance, and dont even touch the rest.  That is bad.

Would you say "time" is the key to producing quality logos?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Thanks alot guys. I think you are right Zilla, not only might those lines be too thin to print, but they are certainly not in keeping with the thickness of anything else in the concept.

I did actually really focus on simplicity this time, seeing as most everything I do gets multi-toned and out of hand. I've always wanted an excuse to do a straight on symmetrical logo...a la the Bulls.

BTW, checked out the Houston one....had fears I'd stepped on someone's toes yet again. I can appreciate what is similar...colors, subject matter. But dang, that is a foul logo they have....and its new??!? Whoa.

houston_cougars.jpg

I dont think the houston logo is that bad, I like it. But I also think yours is better. Great work. :)

Doh!

I dont think the houston logo is that bad, I like it.

OH! Well, that one isn't so bad at all. I searched their site and found this monstrosity. Which one is which?

turd.jpg

OH! Well, that one isn't so bad at all. I searched their site and found this monstrosity. Which one is which?

http://uhcougars.ocsn.com/ot/hou-store.html

THAT one looks like a cross between the Carolina Panthers and that phantom Detroit Lions logo from a few years ago.

BLECH!

Sterling - Sweet work, as per usual.

It's where I sit.

http://uhcougars.ocsn.com/ot/hou-store.html

Hmmm.... I've never seen that one before. As for UH's other logo, the only thing I don't like is the snaggle-tooth he's got. It looks like he needs braces.

Archived