Ebbsfleet United Nike Jerseys

hawk36

Many of you may have heard of the group My Football Club who has purchased Ebbsfleet United with the money gained from selling 70 euro shares in the team all over the world. Nike has approached them now about providing the new uniforms for the team. Here are the three home options from Nike. OK, but nothing that revolutionary.

ebsfleet.jpg

I like the 2nd option. It fits the identity well IMO.

It's classy, with a somewhat modern feel. Somewhat plain, but I'm not really a fan of the others mainly becaus of the white panels.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Damn, you beat me to it. And how about them signing with Nike? Bet we'll be able to get scarves soon.

I don't like #3 - asymmetrical designs can be great, but this one just doesn't work. Prefer #2 but could be very happy with #1.

What I really want is an owner vote on bringing back the name Gravesend & Northfleet. That I'd pay 35 quid for.

I could live with Home 1 or Home 2. 1 is more modern and 2 a simpler retro/classic feel. It sort of depends on what My Football Club wants to project, the New Way of doing things with their ownership scheme or a return to the basics under their direction.

3 sucks because of the random white blip/slash for zero reason.

Away 2 works with Home 1 if the modern route, but I wouldn't mix it with Home 2.

I'm not a fan of Away 1 because the black logo doesn't stand out against the green much. Heck, I'm not fan of green either.

Away 3 rocks no matter what it's paired with. I'd vote that one personally.

Final call, Home 2 and Away 3 for me.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Home 2

Away 3

Now if only reds fans could do the same and buy out Hicks/Gillette...

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

They're trying, but asking for £5,000 from investors is a whole lot different than £35.

Besides, even if the fans can raise it, Hicks and Gillette will smell blood in the water and hold out for more. They want a $50M profit from the sale. As it is, they're desperate for cash. Your best bet is to hope that DIC offers them a one-time deal, take it or leave it.

I'm not a big fan of any of the aways. I think aways should be a simple reverse of the home which is why I don't like the green or blue/black look. That being said, I do like a completely different look for alts so maybe the green or blue/black could be the alternate jersey.

Yeah, but for teams like this the change kits are alternates. They don't automatically wear them on the road, only when they're facing another red-and-white team.

And in some cases, a simple reversal isn't enough. Arsenal can't wear white shirts with red sleeves, or they cause the same color clash as their primary kits.

There has to be a strong, clear distinction between the regular kits and the change kits. In Ebbsfleet's case, they wear red shirts with white jerseys, so a white shirt with red jersey might not be enough. They'd have to do what England does, which is pair the white shirt with navy shorts (or some other distinctive color) for one, and red with white for the other. Either way, they've gone past the simple reverse.

They're trying, but asking for £5,000 from investors is a whole lot different than £35.

Besides, even if the fans can raise it, Hicks and Gillette will smell blood in the water and hold out for more. They want a $50M profit from the sale. As it is, they're desperate for cash. Your best bet is to hope that DIC offers them a one-time deal, take it or leave it.

Yeah, I was referring to the proposed fan takeover, but that seems like wishful thinking. Also fans ponying up roughly $10K US are also going to what a heck of a lot more control over the team (management, players, seats, etc.) than the people who paid 35 quid. Still it's fun to think of a team that's fan-owned - I like what Ebbsfleet is doing.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

BTW, where does the green or the blue and black come from? :wacko:

Same place as Arsenal's white and redcurrant, or Chelsea's highlighter yellow. The point of a change kit is to be as different as possible from the regular kit. Teams can go a little wild with the designs.

I like it - instead of adding black to a team's color scheme, they can just add a black change strip.

BTW, where does the green or the blue and black come from? :wacko:

Same place as Arsenal's white and redcurrant, or Chelsea's highlighter yellow. The point of a change kit is to be as different as possible from the regular kit. Teams can go a little wild with the designs.

I like it - instead of adding black to a team's color scheme, they can just add a black change strip.

It's also a good example of how blue and black can be used together effectively. I wish some American teams would take notice: black and blue as a combination doesn't have to suck. It really doesn't.

I think I prefer the third away in part because my generic preference in soccer shirts goes something like this:

1. Vertical stripes, like Newcastle United

2. Solid shirt, contrast sleeves, like Edinburgh Hibs back in the day

3. Quartered shirts, like Away 1 above

4. Horizontal band or stripes across center, like DC United

5. Diagonal sash

6. Crazy patterns based on national symbols, such as Croatian checks or Mexican Aztec art

I'm also a huge sucker for full collars.

20082614447.png

Archived