What's the rule on this?

smzimbabwe

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely the same logo. They just switched the head around and took an interior stripe off the nose. Wordmark is different but if you covered up the words and said what school owns these logos I'd say Boise State

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Hmm, it says the heads are facing different ways but the one on here is the facing the same way as the infringer:

2434.gif

Anyone know why that is?

I'd guess it's probably just an inverted version the school uses as an alternate. Perhaps for either side of the football helmet?

Edit: Here's what I mean...

zabransky.jpg4320aaed0b286-41-1.jpg

Oh yeah, good point... I forgot they used that on the helmet.

Anyway, I was able to edit the bronco head to a 99% accurate replica of the Kamloops logo in less than 2 minutes, so I think it's definitely a copy. and now that "facing different ways" argument has no merit, seeing as they have two versions.

Busted.

Don't high school's and that nick logos all the time from major league and college teams? Do they usually ask permission or is this no different? I can't see a problem if the precedent is already set as they are a non-profit organisation...

The Kamloops Broncos

BRONCOS_GAME_JULY_28__50P_.jpg

BRONCOS_GAME_JULY_28__57P_.jpg

IMG_5209.jpg

That has to be the loudest orange ever used on a sports uniform.

They may as well go hunting in those things...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

My Junior High and a neighboring High School used the Philly Eagles logo. Anyone in Canada probably thinks they can get away with stealing an NCAA or NFL logo because there is far less attention payed to high school athletics here. Same would probably go with this Kamloops team.

Happens all the time.

Local high school here, Plum, copys the Denver Broncos logo exactly, just different colors.

Another one, Gateway, uses the Green Bay Packers "G" logo. (or that being clutched by a gator)

Another one, Woodland Hills, cops Michigan's (well, Princeton's) helmets.

My high school cops FSU's helmets and colors exactly (while every other team for that school uses different shades and original logos. [the school's indian head in a circle its had forever, or an interlocked block "PH"] - go figure).

Heck, Pittsburgh Central Catholic, the Notre Dame of Pittsburgh, either hated dearly or loved dearly, cops the Minnesota Vikings' Helmet and Logo

oBIgzrL.png

Its pretty damn obvious that the Kamloops club completely bit off of BSU. The uniforms are obvious duplicates of previous duds worn by BSU. The logo on Kamloops' helmet is one of the secondary BSU logos. Its pretty obvious IMO. They just played with the colors.

I do have to say that I think I like the logo Kamloops used on their helmets. Makes me think that maybe BSU should have used that logo instead of the one with the wordmark.

So I give them jeers for copying, but cheers for actually making it better.

Happens all the time.

Local high school here, Plum, copys the Denver Broncos logo exactly, just different colors.

Another one, Gateway, uses the Green Bay Packers "G" logo. (or that being clutched by a gator)

Another one, Woodland Hills, cops Michigan's (well, Princeton's) helmets.

My high school cops FSU's helmets and colors exactly (while every other team for that school uses different shades and original logos. [the school's indian head in a circle its had forever, or an interlocked block "PH"] - go figure).

Heck, Pittsburgh Central Catholic, the Notre Dame of Pittsburgh, either hated dearly or loved dearly, cops the Minnesota Vikings' Helmet and Logo

same here. my high school used to use both the Denver Bronco's and SMU Mustang logos at different times while i was there. but since i've graduated, they've gone with a generic clipart one, which i find weird (and wonder why).

Once again guys...

If Boise State doesn't pursue protecting its Trademark they lose their Trademark.

Its as much the owner of the Trademark's responsibility to protect their logo as it is for people to stop ripping off logos.

They HAVE to send C&D letters or pursue legal action to offending teams and organizations or they risk the lose of their trademark.

Archived