What's the rule on this?

smzimbabwe

Nonetheless... the similarities are there. You can't deny that. As a matter of fact, I remember a time when the Denver Broncos did use that type of blue, abeit with orange as their main colour.

Maybe it isn't a direct rip-off, like what Kamloops did to BSU... but I think the BSU identity is very much inspired by Denver's identity.

Hey... if I had a football team called the Ottawa 49ers and they wore red and gold, even with slightly different shading, what would you think? You'd probably say: "How uninspired." That's kind of what I'm saying here.

I'm struggling to see how this validates Kamloops' theivery of the BSU logo.

We are talking APPLES to ORANGES here.

Inspiration and stealing are completely different, are they not? If you look at the history of art, you'll see plenty of painters who were inspired by other painters. Same thing goes for music. Blatantly stealing art or music or in this case a sports logo is never acceptable.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nonetheless... the similarities are there. You can't deny that. As a matter of fact, I remember a time when the Denver Broncos did use that type of blue, abeit with orange as their main colour.

Maybe it isn't a direct rip-off, like what Kamloops did to BSU... but I think the BSU identity is very much inspired by Denver's identity.

Hey... if I had a football team called the Ottawa 49ers and they wore red and gold, even with slightly different shading, what would you think? You'd probably say: "How uninspired." That's kind of what I'm saying here.

Inspiration and stealing are completely different, are they not? If you look at the history of art, you'll see plenty of painters who were inspired by other painters. Same thing goes for music. Blatantly stealing art or music or in this case a sports logo is never acceptable.

Anyways, Boise State have been blue and orange broncos since 1933 (as Boise Junior College), so maybe Denver should be called into question under your criteria.

I am sick of seeing cheap ripoff logos being used by high schools and junior high schools, and even sicker of people defending their usage.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

Anyways, Boise State have been blue and orange broncos since 1933 (as Boise Junior College), so maybe Denver should be called into question under your criteria.

I am sick of seeing cheap ripoff logos being used by high schools and junior high schools, and even sicker of people defending their usage.

I guess if BSU goes as far back as 1933... then the Denver Broncos were the ones who ripped off the whole blue & orange Broncos thing. I was simply making the observation that there are other teams besides BSU & Kamloops have dabbled in the those colours and name. I'm not trying to validate Kamloops' theft of the logo, that was never my intention.

thecatch.jpg

yadda yadda

I guess if BSU goes as far back as 1933... then the Denver Broncos were the ones who ripped off the whole blue & orange Broncos thing. I was simply making the observation that there are other teams besides BSU & Kamloops have dabbled in the those colours and name. I'm not trying to validate Kamloops' theft of the logo, that was never my intention.

I get it now.

I guess its the case that when its all said and done...its basically ALL BEEN SAID AND DONE. Its going to be inevitbale that certain colors and designs are repeated. But my point was that Kamloops didn't just borrow from BSU, they stole it. Thats all I was saying. Big difference.

Archived