Toronto NFL concept

Jezus_Ghoti

If the Bills move to Toronto (which is looking more and more likely), I don't think they should keep the name Bills. It really only makes sense if the city is Buffalo. I do, however, feel that they should maintain some ties to their former city. I chose the name Buffaloes for obvious reasons. I still can't decide if it would be a fitting tribute to the city of Buffalo or if it would just be rubbing salt in the wound of a city that lost its franchise. I'd like to hear your opinion on that.

Now for a bit about the look. As you'll see, this concept uses the old Bills logo, as well as the sleeve striping from the Bills' throwbacks. I changed the shade of the blue and red so that the team feels fresh. The colors are still red and blue, but it's a color scheme that no other team in the NFL uses. I think the rich, dark red is appropriate for a Canadian team and the light blue is appropriate for a Toronto team. The design is intended to look classic. The Steelers and USC were both major influences.

I'm not sure about the wordmark. I don't have any training in graphic design and I didn't really know where to go with it.

buffaloes.jpg

**UPDATE**

Clearly I was misguided about a lot of things in my original concept. I've read all your criticism and most of you are very right. However, there is one thing that I won't concede. I still adamantly believe that maroon and light blue can be an awesome color combo. I adjusted my color values and took another shot at this concept. Here's what I came up with.

buffaloes2.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the Bills move to Toronto (which is looking more and more likely), I don't think they should keep the name Bills. It really only makes sense if the city is Buffalo. I do, however, feel that they should maintain some ties to their former city. I chose the name Buffaloes for obvious reasons. I still can't decide if it would be a fitting tribute to the city of Buffalo or if it would just be rubbing salt in the wound of a city that lost its franchise. I'd like to hear your opinion on that.

Now for a bit about the look. As you'll see, this concept uses the old Bills logo, as well as the sleeve striping from the Bills' throwbacks. I changed the shade of the blue and red so that the team feels fresh. The colors are still red and blue, but it's a color scheme that no other team in the NFL uses. I think the rich, dark red is appropriate for a Canadian team and the light blue is appropriate for a Toronto team. The design is intended to look classic. The Steelers and USC were both major influences.

I'm not sure about the wordmark. I don't have any training in graphic design and I didn't really know where to go with it.

buffaloes.jpg

Add some White outline and it will look better. GO BROWNS!

Cant say I really like the colors that much and if they move to Toronto I doubt that the new owners will want any connection with the teams former home. There is alot of things you could call a Toronto NFL team though so I imagine they will have some sort of contest to pick a name.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

The name Bills really only works with the city of Buffalo, so I agree that the identity will change. If/when it happens, they won't retain any of the current logos. This especially goes for the standing buffalo. Moving into a new market, they will use a logo that has more energy. After all, it is about growing the fan base.

That said, even if they did use what they have now, I don't see these colors being used. They're kinda harsh. With very few exceptions, pro teams won't use two dark colors on a jersey by themselves. The colors will be broken up with some white.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I'm surprised that so many people are against the colors. I realize they are pretty bold and look weird to the typical North American sports fan's eye, but they are very close to what the Michigan Panthers used, as well as Aston Villa, West Ham and the Colorado Rapids. I definitely don't think it's that crazy to think that an NFL team would use them. Maroon and light blue is probably the most underrated and underutilized color combo in all of North American sports.

I think what is bothering people is how harsh it looks. That light blue is way too bright, it needs to be toned down. Also, there is no way they keep the name Buffaloes, look at how the Titans felt so wrong as the Tennessee Oilers. Finally, I really do not think that for a football market like Toronto, that the uniforms would be all that traditional, especially with how sleeves around the league are shrinking and there is not much of an NFL history in the city.

buffaloes.jpg

Add some White outline and it will look better. GO BROWNS!

Agree with you there, add a white outline on the numbers and maybe the stripes on the home uni's and also get some white pants for the home uni's as well.

Archived