Toronto NFL concept

Jezus_Ghoti

Okay, the colors look a lot better, but I'm not a fan of the helmet. Too much like the Vikings. I think DP is right in asserting a need for a new identity. My suggestion is try something water-related, since the word Toronto is the evolution of one of two Native American words, both of which have water connotations.

cttdolphins2.png

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the Bills move to Toronto (which is looking more and more likely), I don't think they should keep the name Bills. It really only makes sense if the city is Buffalo. I do, however, feel that they should maintain some ties to their former city. I chose the name Buffaloes for obvious reasons. I still can't decide if it would be a fitting tribute to the city of Buffalo or if it would just be rubbing salt in the wound of a city that lost its franchise. I'd like to hear your opinion on that.

Now for a bit about the look. As you'll see, this concept uses the old Bills logo, as well as the sleeve striping from the Bills' throwbacks. I changed the shade of the blue and red so that the team feels fresh. The colors are still red and blue, but it's a color scheme that no other team in the NFL uses. I think the rich, dark red is appropriate for a Canadian team and the light blue is appropriate for a Toronto team. The design is intended to look classic. The Steelers and USC were both major influences.

I'm not sure about the wordmark. I don't have any training in graphic design and I didn't really know where to go with it.

buffaloes.jpg

**UPDATE**

Clearly I was misguided about a lot of things in my original concept. I've read all your criticism and most of you are very right. However, there is one thing that I won't concede. I still adamantly believe that maroon and light blue can be an awesome color combo. I adjusted my color values and took another shot at this concept. Here's what I came up with.

buffaloes2.jpg

I don't mind this update at all. Nice work. The one thing that kind of bothers me is the name. Why not try calling them The Toronto Bison. I think that has a better ring to it then Buffalos. Just a suggestion.

If the Bills move to Toronto (which is looking more and more likely), I don't think they should keep the name Bills. It really only makes sense if the city is Buffalo. I do, however, feel that they should maintain some ties to their former city. I chose the name Buffaloes for obvious reasons. I still can't decide if it would be a fitting tribute to the city of Buffalo or if it would just be rubbing salt in the wound of a city that lost its franchise. I'd like to hear your opinion on that.

Now for a bit about the look. As you'll see, this concept uses the old Bills logo, as well as the sleeve striping from the Bills' throwbacks. I changed the shade of the blue and red so that the team feels fresh. The colors are still red and blue, but it's a color scheme that no other team in the NFL uses. I think the rich, dark red is appropriate for a Canadian team and the light blue is appropriate for a Toronto team. The design is intended to look classic. The Steelers and USC were both major influences.

I'm not sure about the wordmark. I don't have any training in graphic design and I didn't really know where to go with it.

buffaloes.jpg

**UPDATE**

Clearly I was misguided about a lot of things in my original concept. I've read all your criticism and most of you are very right. However, there is one thing that I won't concede. I still adamantly believe that maroon and light blue can be an awesome color combo. I adjusted my color values and took another shot at this concept. Here's what I came up with.

buffaloes2.jpg

I don't mind this update at all. Nice work. The one thing that kind of bothers me is the name. Why not try calling them The Toronto Bison. I think that has a better ring to it then Buffalos. Just a suggestion.

I suggested Toronto Bisons earlier but I was torched for it. Oh Well.

I'm surprised that so many people are against the colors. I realize they are pretty bold and look weird to the typical North American sports fan's eye, but they are very close to what the Michigan Panthers used, as well as Aston Villa, West Ham and the Colorado Rapids. I definitely don't think it's that crazy to think that an NFL team would use them. Maroon and light blue is probably the most underrated and underutilized color combo in all of North American sports.

I agree completely, but I still don't think you've found the right color values.

19.jpg

I'd like suggest the following:

Home unis - maroon jerseys with white numbers (with Carolina blue lining around the numbers), block numbering & white pants with sky blue stripes, maroon helmet with Carolina blue buffalo logo and navy blue face mask

Road unis - White jersey with maroon numbers (and Carolina blue lining around the numbers), block numbering & Carolina blue pants with maroon stripes, maroon helmet with Carolina blue buffalo logo and navy blue face mask

That is only a suggestion, though.

I'm almost positive that this guy has another account named "Leonard", and that he has been doing a lot of spamming around here, like under his old name he would say " I love it" it to every concept. I'm pretty sure I'm right. Mods? Anyone?

Its kinda obvious because the sigs on the two accounts are basically the same.

Edit: I just checked the account entitled "Leonard" and I was, in fact, right - the sigs are the same. I am very proud of myself for noticing this. ^_^

Home unis - maroon jerseys with white numbers (with Carolina blue lining around the numbers), block numbering & white pants with sky blue stripes, maroon helmet with Carolina blue buffalo logo and navy blue face mask

Road unis - White jersey with maroon numbers (and Carolina blue lining around the numbers), block numbering & Carolina blue pants with maroon stripes, maroon helmet with Carolina blue buffalo logo and navy blue face mask

I'm almost positive that this guy has another account named "Leonard", and that he has been doing a lot of spamming around here, like under his old name he would say " I love it" it to every concept. I'm pretty sure I'm right. Mods? Anyone?

Edit: I just checked the account entitled "Leonard" and I was, in fact, right - the sigs are the same. I am very proud of myself for noticing this. ^_^

You're right. Not exactly the same but they contain the same name and "Washington Nationals Fan since 2005." Plus all of Leonard's posts have :D in them.

Nice work, Sherlock. What tipped you off?

You're right. Not exactly the same but they contain the same name and "Washington Nationals Fan since 2005." Plus all of Leonard's posts have :D in them.

He had an assistant videotape Leonard's signals while he created dupe accounts. SNAP!

:P

Sigs are for sissies.

I just remember on one of my threads last year, no one liked the concept except this guy, and someone commented that he had been spamming for a while. So I guess I just remembered the name (and the sig). Or it might have been on someone else's thread, but I think it was mine.

Archived