New company logo

udonkey

I haven't posted for a long time...just wanted to check in and get some critiques on a logo that I'm working on for a startup company that I'm involved with.

So far, the logo is complete:

www.axispromos.com

What you're seeing is the web/print logo - embroidered logo will not include "promotions" - we may even leave off "AXIS", depending on the ability to embroider such small details and the cost involved.

What do you think?

As the website gets developed, I'll post it here for your feedback as well.

Thanks...

_____

Edit:

I guess I could've elaborated on the type of company that the logo is for. Its is primarily going to be a t-shirt fulfillment company - starting out catering to the Greek systems at local colleges and other local, relatively small organizations. Initially, we're going to do the design and sourcing, but have a 3rd party printer actually do the printing. If the business proves to be lucrative, we'll eventually purchase our own printing equipment and go from there.

Also, some web and graphic design services will be offered as well (will most likely be my own freelance stuff that I slap a logo on and link back to this site - self promotion), but t-shirts will be the primary focus.

I know the apparel industry pretty well, as I work in sales with a blank apparel distributor and will soon be moving to our "sister" company, which is one of the largest screen print/embroidery companies in the country.

I like it the way it is. The Earth's axis isn't exactly vertical, and I like how you've taken that into account with your globe logo. It's almost as though the 'A' is providing the counterbalance to the offset axis of the globe. No complaints at all, man. Nice work.

Sigs are for sissies.

I like the globe icon a lot. The axis type looks unconsidered in comparison. I would separate the text from the globe, take it out of that ugly box, making the globe a stand alone item with a base.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Several months later (almost a year) and we're fully operational and running at full steam.

I respect the opinions of posters here, so any feedback on our logo/website is appreciated.

Thanks!

Simple straight-forward design of the website, which is always good as long as you aren't representing a luxury hotel. One quiff, I don't like the light blue bars, have you tried using the blue from the logo? I personally think it would tie in more.

20082614530.png

Archived