SuperBowl XLIII Logos

Rod_Thompson

sb43logo.jpg

This didn't go over as well as I thought, but I think it still gets the basic idea across.

I like the overall idea of it, but keep some things in mind:

Super Bowl is two words and your concept makes it seem like it's one word.

Also, gradients aren't really popular with NFL logos, or any sports logos for that matter, so I would drop the gradients.

Other than that I really like it a lot, much better than the current Super Bowl logo.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm bringing the gradient back!

Technically, that's a "satin" effect, not a gradient, but I could understand the confusion. I'm no vectoring expert or anything really so like I said this wasn't entirely what I had in mind.

I wanted the super bowl words themselves inside of a ribbon (ala SB35 and 39), have that orange-ish block thing below the XLIII be either the bottom of a large ship or a beach, and palms blowing on either side, along with an altered version of the Bucs flag-on-sword involved somehow. But thanks for the C&C.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Aren't the logos submitted here supposed to be BETTER than the actual logo?

You are correct and with that said I submit to the boards this....

NFLConcept-Logo-SuperBowlXLIIISmall.png

I wanted to keep the design simple and I liked the idea of using the location as a factor and if said location has a team, why not borrow a few design point's from em'? I would love to see the Saints, wear these on their jersey's playing in Tampa, and winning the big game....Ok, I just woke up from my dream!

*Edit* Just realized how "WRONG" the date is!!! Don't kill me for it I don't know the date of next year's game! Sorry!

I wanted to keep the design simple and I liked the idea of using the location as a factor and if said location has a team, why not borrow a few design point's from em'? I would love to see the Saints, wear these on their jersey's playing in Tampa, and winning the big game....Ok, I just woke up from my dream!

*Edit* Just realized how "WRONG" the date is!!! Don't kill me for it I don't know the date of next year's game! Sorry!

I love it, THATS what they shouldv'e used, best concept so far in this thread.

I love it, THATS what they shouldv'e used, best concept so far in this thread.

Beautiful! That's almost exactly what I was trying to pull off. Brilliant!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

You win.

bSLCtu2.png

Either way guy! Like Sam L Jackson would say..."Mu :cursing: genius!!!"

:grin:

packchampionslfroh.png

now that is what the sbXLIII logo SHOULD look like. Send that to the NFL now! Tell them they have made a grave error in design choices. This is clearly superior to the current SB logo.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Simple? That palm tree is ridiculously complicated. Have you ever thought how the stiching on that logo would be? It wouldn't work!

Why isn't it simple enough? I've seen stiching done on patches smaller than this and detailed just as good as their concept called for! Hell I might even get my friend to do one on his machine just to see how it would look! Super Bowl logo's have gotten really boring the past few years and my concept uses an ideal ascpect of Florida not just the city of Tampa Bay which is a palm tree. I think the Buc's colors makes the logo pop rather than the generic blue and green they have for the official logo now!

To echo what kewp80 said already.

If I understand it correctly the logos are not supposed to be indicative of the team that is located in that city. Which is logical, the Buccaneers are not hosting the Super Bowl, the city of Tampa is hosting the Super Bowl. It's biased towards every team in the league that will never have a chance to host a Super Bowl, and extremely biased towards the other team if the Bucs actually make it to the Super Bowl. Hence similar looking, impartial, generic logos for the big game. All-Star games yes, Super Bowls no.

If anything they should work in the stadium design into the logos, that truly says something about the actual location of the game.

JerseyDatabase.com - I'm that guy...

drool ....

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Okay, I do like bigdub's logo, but I'm going to have to agree with GoNordiques on this one, the palm tree is way too detailed and complex.

The logo, on the other hand, looks good, but there are some things that I wouldn't mind seeing be tested out on this.

First off, I think the football seems out of place. For one, the logo in its entirety is smooth and professional looking, the football, on the other hand, looks like a piece of clip art you pulled off of the internet and pasted on there. And two, No Super Bowl logo has ever had a football in it, (except for one I think, and that was a while ago). In fact the only time the NFL really uses footballs in their logos is in the actual NFL logo, and sometimes as alternate logos for different teams.

Second, I know that you wanted to make the logo look 'Tampa Bay-ish', but I'm feeling too much Buccaneers in here, Super Bowl logos generally don't display or promote a team's look, even if that city is sponsoring the game.

And last, the stars (ESPECIALLY the red one) get lost in the logo, I'd place them somewhere else, to whereas the red star doesn't blend into the backdrop, and so they promote some sort of symmetry throughout the logo. Perhaps having a star on either side of 'SUPER BOWL'?

Just my .02 cents. Do what you wish with them.

To echo what kewp80 said already.

If I understand it correctly the logos are not supposed to be indicative of the team that is located in that city. Which is logical, the Buccaneers are not hosting the Super Bowl, the city of Tampa is hosting the Super Bowl. It's biased towards every team in the league that will never have a chance to host a Super Bowl, and extremely biased towards the other team if the Bucs actually make it to the Super Bowl. Hence similar looking, impartial, generic logos for the big game. All-Star games yes, Super Bowls no.

If anything they should work in the stadium design into the logos, that truly says something about the actual location of the game.

Maybe so, but it's 1,000,00% better than the real logo.

gYH2mW9.png

Here is my Sad attempt at creating a new image of super bowl 43

superbowl.jpg

:blink:

It seems like it does have some potential. Make the palm tree more colorful, maybe a shade of green which could blend in with everything else. Second, stick with only 2 stars, to represent both conferences (1 red star and 1 blue/white star). There are many things you can do to improve it, and don't worry at least it's not a two minute blob of nothing done in paint.

See...it ain't that easy is it!? :)

Maybe people will actually start appreciating good design. The 3XL logo is nowhere near perfect, but it's far, far from terrible! Yes, it's bland. Yes, it's boring. However, it's still pretty darn good, design wise.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived