SuperBowl XLIII Logos

Rod_Thompson

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
See...it ain't that easy is it!? :)

Maybe people will actually start appreciating good design. The 3XL logo is nowhere near perfect, but it's far, far from terrible! Yes, it's bland. Yes, it's boring. However, it's still pretty darn good, design wise.

Couldn't agree more, Greg. The real logo isn't "OMG kool!", but it's not terrible looking.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Okay, I do like bigdub's logo, but I'm going to have to agree with GoNordiques on this one, the palm tree is way too detailed and complex.

The logo, on the other hand, looks good, but there are some things that I wouldn't mind seeing be tested out on this.

First off, I think the football seems out of place. For one, the logo in its entirety is smooth and professional looking, the football, on the other hand, looks like a piece of clip art you pulled off of the internet and pasted on there. And two, No Super Bowl logo has ever had a football in it, (except for one I think, and that was a while ago). In fact the only time the NFL really uses footballs in their logos is in the actual NFL logo, and sometimes as alternate logos for different teams.

Second, I know that you wanted to make the logo look 'Tampa Bay-ish', but I'm feeling too much Buccaneers in here, Super Bowl logos generally don't display or promote a team's look, even if that city is sponsoring the game.

And last, the stars (ESPECIALLY the red one) get lost in the logo, I'd place them somewhere else, to whereas the red star doesn't blend into the backdrop, and so they promote some sort of symmetry throughout the logo. Perhaps having a star on either side of 'SUPER BOWL'?

Just my .02 cents. Do what you wish with them.

actually the football was already on the bucs logo :rolleyes:

I like BigDub's logo, but disagree with the idea of using any of the host city team's logo elements in a SB logo. Obviously the site is never technically "neutral" until the host city team is eliminated but for example, what if the Bucs make the Super Bowl? It wouldn't look right.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Aren't the logos submitted here supposed to be BETTER than the actual logo?

You are correct and with that said I submit to the boards this....

NFLConcept-Logo-SuperBowlXLIIISmall.png

I wanted to keep the design simple and I liked the idea of using the location as a factor and if said location has a team, why not borrow a few design point's from em'? I would love to see the Saints, wear these on their jersey's playing in Tampa, and winning the big game....Ok, I just woke up from my dream!

*Edit* Just realized how "WRONG" the date is!!! Don't kill me for it I don't know the date of next year's game! Sorry!

That's :censored: gorgeous, bro. Great, great, great work.

I wanted to keep the design simple and I liked the idea of using the location as a factor and if said location has a team, why not borrow a few design point's from em'? I would love to see the Saints, wear these on their jersey's playing in Tampa, and winning the big game....Ok, I just woke up from my dream!

*Edit* Just realized how "WRONG" the date is!!! Don't kill me for it I don't know the date of next year's game! Sorry!

This logo :cursing: ing wins hard! Please send that to the NFL right now. This is exactly what the real XLIII logo should be.

galaxy.png

This logo :cursing: ing wins hard! Please send that to the NFL right now. This is exactly what the real XLIII logo should be.

Nice work mightyspitz!

Now THAT is what a Super Bowl should look like.

I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf.

Maybe people will actually start appreciating good design. The 3XL logo is nowhere near perfect, but it's far, far from terrible! Yes, it's bland. Yes, it's boring. However, it's still pretty darn good, design wise.

At least there's one sane person in here. A lot of people here have a sort of tunnel vision toward the subject of sports design. They like the pretty drawings and bright colors and kitschy type, but they have blinders on when something like XLIII comes out. True, XLIII doesn't fit the mold of the sports event logos of yore, but you can tell it was designed by a professional; it is well-composed and well-executed. It's also as stark and simple as they come, which is simply the aesthetic of the time. You simply need a genuine appreciation for design outside the realm of sports to see and get what XLIII is about, to see and get why it works and the see and get an idea for the bar that separates amateurs (like most of us) from professionals. I can't say any of these logos look professional right now. Whether it's poor color choices, unconsidered typography or a layout and composition that looks like a cut-and-paste exercise, the logos in this thread simply are not nearly on the same level as the XLIII logo.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

At least there's one sane person in here. A lot of people here have a sort of tunnel vision toward the subject of sports design. They like the pretty drawings and bright colors and kitschy type, but they have blinders on when something like XLIII comes out. True, XLIII doesn't fit the mold of the sports event logos of yore, but you can tell it was designed by a professional; it is well-composed and well-executed. It's also as stark and simple as they come, which is simply the aesthetic of the time. You simply need a genuine appreciation for design outside the realm of sports to see and get what XLIII is about, to see and get why it works and the see and get an idea for the bar that separates amateurs (like most of us) from professionals. I can't say any of these logos look professional right now. Whether it's poor color choices, unconsidered typography or a layout and composition that looks like a cut-and-paste exercise, the logos in this thread simply are not nearly on the same level as the XLIII logo.

Agree to disagree.

gYH2mW9.png

Simple? That palm tree is ridiculously complicated. Have you ever thought how the stiching on that logo would be? It wouldn't work!

Actually computerized machines could probably do it. I would takethe tree out of the constraints of the sun for a more full effect. There it looks containes and forced.

Hey what's up everybody! Thank's for the feedback on the design I'm glad you liked it. I've been drawing up a few different logo's even though I told myself that I wasn't going to, my brother viewd this post and told me that I was favoring the Buccaneers, too much with my design. He asked me "When you think of Tampa Bay, what's the first thing that comes to mind?"! Having never been to the bay area I told him palm trees, water, HEAT, all said that it is a city within Florida. Then he told me to use that as my inspiration rather than dedicating myself to favoring a local team! My nerves got wrecked and I've been drawing logo's since! I drew this up earlier today and made it as about simple as I could but still with some kind of design. I went with a darker shade of orange and gold for the background thus eliminating the Buc's colors and I added a two tone blue wave within the shadow box of 'XLIII' to make it more Floridaish?? Your opinions! Thanks!

NFLConcept-Logo-SuperBowlXLIII.png

Archived