SuperBowl XLIII Logos

Rod_Thompson

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can we stop with the "send it to the NFL now!" crap? The NFL will in no way shape or form switch logos. They pay good money for one of the most looked at logos in the world. An email with anyone of these designs will not woo the NFL to switch. Why would they pay a firm and then scrap it for someone's 2 hour design? It's nice to dream but none of these are up to par for a Super Bowl logo.

Are you saying this

scan.jpg

pathetic excuse for a logo is better because it was paid for solely? I bet you my 9 year old female cousin, could have done that in 25 minutes with a box of crayons! At least the logo the people here designed & submitted actually had something to do with the mother:censored:ing state of FLORIDA!

Sure the NFL won't change it, but it would still be nice if the NFL considered it.

Can we stop with the "send it to the NFL now!" crap? The NFL will in no way shape or form switch logos. They pay good money for one of the most looked at logos in the world. An email with anyone of these designs will not woo the NFL to switch. Why would they pay a firm and then scrap it for someone's 2 hour design? It's nice to dream but none of these are up to par for a Super Bowl logo.

I realize this. I was only saying it as an expression of how good it was. I didn't ACTUALLY mean for him to send it to the NFL.

By saying that I was just implying that it was better than the actuall Super Bowl logo and the NFL should consider a better design for next year.

Do you need a hug, role model or close personal friend or something? Why you trippin' over somebody thinking my designs would be good enough for the NFL. Most people don't know how the NFL works and I say leave em' alone or fill them in if you do! I've said before that I don't expect to see anything that I do anywhere near the NFL because I know the situation with J-Ville and Baltimore. Them two screwed it up for people like us but I'm not gonna' lose sleep over it and you shouldn't be so salty about it. Ok you like the logo for next year's game but a lot of people don't so this topic was created to challenge people otherwise. My designs could be better but I do have a life outside of this board so what I can create in my spare time is what you see and if what other's see as my vision of a good logo, then let them have it at that and chill!

Actually, I don't think they had to pay for the logo. From what I understand, since Super Bowl XL, they have been using in-house design people. So it's MUCH cheaper than outsourcing a logo design.

gYH2mW9.png

Wow next years super bowl logo is awful, what were they thinking as some of you rightly say it has nothing to do with florida at all, its so plain and boring, bigdub81 ur logo is brilliant colourful and exciting, if the nfl wants to make their brand global they will not win us europeans over with crappy super bowl logos such as this, hopefully the superbowl after tampa will be allot more imaginative

Well actually, that's the problem! the NFL does not pay for the logos. The hired one guy to design the Superbowl logos and he is on payroll that's why for the past couple of years all the logos have been "cookie cutter" He makes around 50K a year. I know the guy.

aZogIyu.pngfXsuJwP.png

Update

I put the waves against the bottom part of the 'XLIII' and also added a block shadow to those letters. Also changed the font of 'Super Bowl' and recessed the outter corner of both the 'X' and the last 'I'. C&C as usal, Thank's!

NFLConcept-Logo-SuperBowlXLIIIversi.png

Update

I put the waves against the bottom part of the 'XLIII' and also added a block shadow to those letters. Also changed the font of 'Super Bowl' and recessed the outter corner of both the 'X' and the last 'I'. C&C as usal, Thank's!

NFLConcept-Logo-SuperBowlXLIIIversi.png

This is more in the spirit of current SB logos, it's getting closer.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Everyone who keeps hating on XLIII because "It has nothing to do with the [insert expletive here] state of FLORIDA!" needs to show me this 'rule' in the Super Bowl bylaws that says its logo is required to pay homage to the host city. Of the first 26 Super Bowls, one game [XXI] had a logo featuring anything at all relating to its host city. If that's not enough precedent, I don't know what is. And no, your 9 year old female cousin could nothave done that in 25 minutes with a box of crayons, TrueYank; stop insulting the people that do this for a living.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Everyone who keeps hating on XLIII because "It has nothing to do with the [insert expletive here] state of FLORIDA!" needs to show me this 'rule' in the Super Bowl bylaws that says its logo is required to pay homage to the host city. Of the first 26 Super Bowls, one game [XXI] had a logo featuring anything at all relating to its host city. If that's not enough precedent, I don't know what is. And no, your 9 year old female cousin could nothave done that in 25 minutes with a box of crayons, TrueYank; stop insulting the people that do this for a living.

It's called criticism and as far as I'm concerned, it looks like something that was thought up and done within an hour - although it would be by a graphic designer, not some kid with a box of crayons. Either the NFL didn't make a good decision or there weren't alot of good designs that were officially in the running. No, it is not required to pay total homage to the host city, but most of the logos have at least SOME kind of element tied to the city. Yes, he was a little out of line with the 9-year old crayon comment, but he has every right to criticize the design. It's too simplistic for this kind of event.

You inspired me.

The shield was the perfect medium for my color idea- tropical colors that represent Florida. I didn't want any overwhelming imagery for Florida but I think the citrus colors represent well but not too much(goolgle "citrus green"- Tampa Bay comes up). Anyway, I think this would make an acceptable Super Bowl logo. I'm not saying it's better than the current one, especially since I'm not too good with Inkscape, but I like it a lot. Keep in mind, this is version 1 and this is preliminary. I'm struggling with the color for the outside stroke and I might bevel some of the letters. That said, here is GBM's SB XLII Conceptual Logo V.1:

sbxlii1.png

those colors are pretty mind-blowing gingerbreadmann, try turning down the cyan and citrus green or pair them with a dark blue or something. the combination doesn't really work for me.

big dub- i would really like yours if the waves were taken out or put in a different place. the dimensionality of it all is ruined for me when the flat waves are sitting right on the bottom. i would take them out and take up the empty space with the date and location of the game.

i tried my hand at this real quick, its not very creative, but thats what the NFL is going with, so i am just trying to tie in the area better. p.s.- yes, those are the new Rays colors plus red and orange.

SBXLIII.png

those colors are pretty mind-blowing gingerbreadmann, try turning down the cyan and citrus green or pair them with a dark blue or something. the combination doesn't really work for me.

big dub- i would really like yours if the waves were taken out or put in a different place. the dimensionality of it all is ruined for me when the flat waves are sitting right on the bottom. i would take them out and take up the empty space with the date and location of the game.

i tried my hand at this real quick, its not very creative, but thats what the NFL is going with, so i am just trying to tie in the area better. p.s.- yes, those are the new Rays colors plus red and orange.

SBXLIII.png

I like it. Simple like the official one, but your's adds in some of Tampa's elements to it (sun and palm trees, warm colors, and light cool colors).

I think I might have been beaten here! I really like your design eRay, honestly it is better than mine and my favorite of the two would have to be the bottom one. It's arched similar to my design but I like how you offset the sun and didn't force 'Super Bowl' inside of it like I did. I had what you created in mind for that but I just over thought myself on that one. The colors work really well with your design mine was a bit too bold I'll admit but you pull it off better. I think that the only thing that could be done is not filling the drop between the 'X' and 'L' and the three 'I's', just my opinion. The stars even fit into it all although I would like to try something different to see how it would look so I'm going to copy your design just to see but you sir get all the credit! Great work!!

Archived