Seeking help from Winnipeggers

Sodboy13

Okay, I can't hold off any longer. Even though I'm a Wolves diehard, the jersey addict in me can no longer resist the charms of Sterling's Moose logo on that gorgeous black sweater. I've definitely got to pick one up before last year's style sells out, because the new Edge jersey pales in comparison. The question remains, though: who to get on it? (I'm a sucker for those antler numbers.) I was considering Jesse Schultz, since he's in Chicago and producing quite nicely. But I've really got a soft spot for Fred Brathwaite, even though when he was playing with the Moose, they were still sporting the cartoon logo in teal and purple jerseys. But hey, if I can own a DiPietro Isles Fishsticks jersey, why not another sharp-looking anachronism?

Any other suggestions Moose fans can offer up would be appreciated. And, did Fred really wear number 31 during his stint in Manitoba? That's what hockeydb lists, but I just always associate him with number 40.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'd go for Mike Keane. A recognizable name, current captain, Stanley Cup winner 4(?) times...can't go wrong there!

Mike Keane did win 3 Stanley Cups... Montreal (1993), Colorado (1996) and Dallas (1999)... I dont think he has won a 4th one yet... and yeah he the captain of the Moose.. so his jersey would be a cool addition to the collection...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

I'd go for Mike Keane. A recognizable name, current captain, Stanley Cup winner 4(?) times...can't go wrong there!

Mike Keane did win 3 Stanley Cups... Montreal (1993), Colorado (1996) and Dallas (1999)... I dont think he has won a 4th one yet... and yeah he the captain of the Moose.. so his jersey would be a cool addition to the collection...

You are absolutely correct. I wasn't sure if he was back in Colorado for the 2000-01 cup, but he was still in Dallas. Still gets my vote!

No problem, Delayed Penalty....thought it would be good to mention that....

Still, the Keane jersey could be good...same can be said for the Roy jersey too... hmm a Bieska jersey too would be no problem as well......

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Oh yes.. Lee Goren ... yes!!! a jersey with his name and number would be perfect as well....

Archived